Author Topic: New Hasidic clothes  (Read 2392 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
New Hasidic clothes
« on: October 01, 2009, 12:36:05 PM »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: New Hasidic clothes
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »
http://www.forward.com/articles/115596/

I think he looks like count dracula with his red horizontal underedge trimming.  :::D
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 01:23:16 PM »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 01:27:46 PM »

“For example, I had a guy who loved Superman, so we made him a Superman-theme [kapota],” Sacho said. “Red inside, blue stitching around the edges. And of course, we made him a Superman label inside.”

Yes because that doesn't seem the least bit vain or supremacist.  ???

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 01:34:30 PM »

vs the original

He he he  :::D
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 01:36:16 PM »
Not very modest, IMHO...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 02:59:58 PM »

“For example, I had a guy who loved Superman, so we made him a Superman-theme [kapota],” Sacho said. “Red inside, blue stitching around the edges. And of course, we made him a Superman label inside.”

Yes because that doesn't seem the least bit vain or supremacist. 

Supremacist?   Is it also supremacist to wear superman underwear and superman tshirts which countless people have?  I disagree.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 03:01:52 PM »

:::D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 03:03:28 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 03:07:57 PM »
SuperMan is cool... I dont have a problem with it... But I think that trying to wear clothing which attracts attention is not suited for certain situations.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 03:08:31 PM »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 03:13:27 PM »
SuperMan is cool... I dont have a problem with it... But I think that trying to wear clothing which attracts attention is not suited for certain situations.

If it's an emblem on the inside of a coat, I doubt anyone but him or his close friends or wife and kids will see it.

I think it is equally clownish for a hasidic guy to have a "superman themed cloak" as it is for a secular "dude" to wear a superman themed outfit.    At the same time, I don't think its really such a big deal?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 03:15:24 PM »

:::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 09:40:54 PM »

I like where you got the image.
Nice blog.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 09:53:09 PM »
 :laugh:

I saw the image somewhere else and when I did a google image search it came up with that BS site... The blog owner and I have traded words and I think it is funny that he has this image...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 11:02:32 PM »

Ok I gotta admit, that's cute.  :laugh:

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 09:26:46 AM »
:laugh:

I saw the image somewhere else and when I did a google image search it came up with that BS site... The blog owner and I have traded words and I think it is funny that he has this image...

Was that you 20 years ago?