Author Topic: Remember October 5th 2000?  (Read 1959 times)

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
Remember October 5th 2000?
« on: October 06, 2009, 12:25:41 PM »
Don't judge the book by its covers and don't judge this by the title.
I am not trying here to spread some sort of apologia, totally the opposite.

I opened this topic because I am interested in your memories of that time and I think it is good to share them with our Jewish and other non-Serb members.

In 2008, when there were protests for Kosovo, for Karadžić etc, all over our media and ESPECIALLY BIG FOREIGN (like CNN...hmm, not a surprise at all), all the time they were talking about hooligans, looting around the city (of Belgrade, only, BTW), stealing, destruction, chaos, lack of discipline and other, worse stuff. CNN even had shown a fake video of protests, if you remember that (there is on YouTube, if you don't).

In 2000, I remember quite clearly, although I was very small, what they were doing all around my town (and, for sure Belgrade and all other places, but my town was Milošević's native).

They would break into any store they wanted in any part of the place, not only center, for many, they claimed being either Marko's or of Marko's "companions", while some of those people didn't even know Marko personally at all.
They even wanted to attack the store of my parents, chanting in front that we are YUL, then they put Otpor symbols to prevent that (YUL, yeah, right, neither they or their parents ever messed personally in politics, let alone being members of political parties).

They were looting the entire city, stealing all they could steal and they were called HEROES, FREEDOM FIGHTERS!

Of course, not all of the anti-Milošević were like that or doing that. Many people I know were there and didn't do anything bad, BUT, those who did, ARE they supposed to be called "Freedom fighters", when they are nothing more but a bunch of hooligans ad thieves who have no clue about politics at all?

Please share your experiences to show to the others what hypocricy is on the table!

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
Re: Remember October 5th 2000?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:46:54 PM »
Unfortunately, media have very strong influence today. They can describe any event both as heroic act and a crime, depends on who pays them :thumbsdown:
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 10:51:56 AM »
Unfortunately, media have very strong influence today. They can describe any event both as heroic act and a crime, depends on who pays them :thumbsdown:

I agree. But this is just to show how big the hypocricy is and still THEY DON'T CARE IT BEING SO TRANSPARENT that a blind could see (except if not too "blinded" by the media).

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 01:06:22 PM »
The day of the occupation...