Author Topic: Does anyone know how to do the graphics for a flyer for our Hebrew forum?  (Read 1866 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Does anyone know how to do the graphics for a flyer for our Hebrew forum?
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 08:53:55 PM »
בס''ד

Thank you AH for the effort.

AH, Muman, briann and everyone else - I just want a flyer where the wording is clear, and black and white is cheaper than color flyers. Muman and briann, can you work with AH on this?

I apologize for my complete ignorance about these things. It's really embarrassing that I know so little.

Will do.  Im 99% sure the image needs to be vector based (Assuming its monochrome).  Muman if you could create a vector based image with the appropriate text, and include the font your using, that is a start.  Afterwards, AH or I can add in a vector image in the background.

What vector based file format can you work with? I think I can work with SVG {Scalable Vector Graphics}...

I will be home tonight at 8PM PDT...

SVG is fine, but actually, if your just going to be sending text, it would be easier just to send it to me as a document (Open office is fine) and include the font ( True Type, Open Type, Type 1 are all fine.)

I have found some very nice hebrew fonts in the public domain...

What is it you would like from me? I was thinking I would take the text and render it in a Vector Graphics program like Inkscape and save it as SVG... I could also use openoffice {which I am typing the text in now}...

I was hoping someone who is more familiar with typing Hebrew could type the text because it will take me 30min to an hour to just type this... I have learned most of the letters in the keyboard layout, but sometimes I have to look at the keyboard layout as I type which slows me way down...

OK, I wasnt aware that you werent proficient in Hebrew typing.  Any ideas Chaim?  Maybe the typing needs to be handled by someone in the Hebrew Forum.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Does anyone know how to do the graphics for a flyer for our Hebrew forum?
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 08:56:12 PM »
Im leaving from work now... Will be home in about an hour...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14