Author Topic: Holocaust memorial unveiled in Romania  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Holocaust memorial unveiled in Romania
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 07:59:14 PM »
I must admit that I have only respect for Romanians... In my workplace I work with several, and my ultimate boss is a very nice Romanian gentleman. We have discussed many issues together and it seems to me that Romanians can be respectful of Jews and Judaism. He allows me to wear my kippah and tzittzits and doesn't complain about my beard... I must be grateful.

My experience is that most Romanians are good people..

In good times, and in your eyes maybe. The HISTORICAL FACTS SHOW OTHER. And I didn't say that all of them are garbage. BTW isn't your boss a Hungarian? The history shows their moral, I only wrote facts.

My highest level  boss is Romanian, under him is my direct boss who is hungarian... Both are very kind to me and as a result I have a good impression of Romanians and Hungarians even though both have history which is not good for Jews. I don't know what it is like in those countries, just that they like to work in America.

Well the Hungarians of USA are wonderful people, 99% of them were antifascists and anti-communist too who immigrated there. And many of them have Jewish ancestry, they are different from an average Hungarian.

Where do you get 99% from

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 08:00:17 PM »
I must admit that I have only respect for Romanians... In my workplace I work with several, and my ultimate boss is a very nice Romanian gentleman. We have discussed many issues together and it seems to me that Romanians can be respectful of Jews and Judaism. He allows me to wear my kippah and tzittzits and doesn't complain about my beard... I must be grateful.

In good times, and in your eyes maybe. The HISTORICAL FACTS SHOW OTHER. And I didn't say that all of them are garbage. BTW isn't your boss a Hungarian? The history shows their moral, I only wrote facts.

My highest level  boss is Romanian, under him is my direct boss who is hungarian... Both are very kind to me and as a result I have a good impression of Romanians and Hungarians even though both have history which is not good for Jews. I don't know what it is like in those countries, just that they like to work in America.

Well the Hungarians of USA are wonderful people, 99% of them were antifascists and anti-communist too who immigrated there. And many of them have Jewish ancestry, they are different from an average Hungarian.

There are excepts too, but most of them are good. That's why I said 99% and not said that every.
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »

There are excepts too, but most of them are good. That's why I said 99% and not said that every.
99% is to high of a number

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »

Michael de Kovats, Charles Zágonyi, Julius Stahel, Alexander Asboth, Edward Teller, Eugene Wigner, John Neumann, Béla Bartók, Tom Lantos. Some famous Hungarians from USA. Most of them are good people.
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 08:04:45 PM »

Michael de Kovats, Charles Zágonyi, Julius Stahel, Alexander Asboth, Edward Teller, Eugene Wigner, John Neumann, Béla Bartók, Tom Lantos. Some famous Hungarians from USA. Most of them are good people.

Have you met them all?
No
So you cannot assume most are good

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 08:05:08 PM »

Have you met them all?
No

The History

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 08:05:35 PM »

Have you met them all?
No

The History

The history means nothing.
What are they like now

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 08:06:46 PM »

Have you met them all?
No

The History

What are they like now

Charles Simonyi. American Hungarians are different, I know them and I know their history, they are not like the Hungarians in Hungary. The history means a lot.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 08:07:29 PM »

Have you met them all?
No

The History

What are they like now

Charles Simonyi. American Hungarians are different, I know them and I know their history, they are not like the Hungarians in Hungary.

You have not met all American Hungarians so you cannot say 99%

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 08:09:07 PM »

Have you met them all?
No

The History

What are they like now

Charles Simonyi. American Hungarians are different, I know them and I know their history, they are not like the Hungarians in Hungary.

You have not met all American hungarians so you cannot say 99%

Well, it's like when we say that 99% of muslims are antisemitic. This 99% means that most of them are good.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 08:10:43 PM »

Have you met them all?
No

The History

What are they like now

You have not met all American hungarians so you cannot say 99%

Well, it's like when we say that 99% of muslims are antisemitic. This 99% means that most of them are good.

That is not how is will read to guest.
They will think all of them are good people.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 08:11:58 PM »
Well I used 99% as a symbol number, and I was speaking about the majority. I don't think that people will think that all of them are good. Because there are excepts too, like in every nations. :)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 08:40:50 PM »
Just because there are some good Romanians and Romania wasn't quite as bad as Nazi Germany doesn't make Romania a righteous nation by any means. Come on--the primitive savages of this nation actually believe vampires exist. The number of European nations that did not actively partake in the Final Solution in some form can be counted on a couple of fingers--Serbia and perhaps Denmark.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 09:14:50 PM »
Just because there are some good Romanians and Romania wasn't quite as bad as Nazi Germany doesn't make Romania a righteous nation by any means. Come on--the primitive savages of this nation actually believe vampires exist. The number of European nations that did not actively partake in the Final Solution in some form can be counted on a couple of fingers--Serbia and perhaps Denmark.

You do know the story of Vlad the Impaler, don't you? That is why they believe in Vampires..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_impaler

Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia, more commonly known as Vlad the Impaler (in Romanian Vlad Ţepeş pronounced [ˈvlad ˈt͡sepeʃ]), or simply Dracula (c.1431 – December, 1476), was a Wallachian (present-day southern Romania) voivode. His first reign as crown prince took place at age 17, during the same year of his release from Turkish captivity, in 1448. His main reign took place in 1456 and ended in 1462. His final reign was accomplished with the aid of the Hungarian throne in 1476 and he ruled until his assassination months later within the same year. Vlad the Impaler is known for the exceedingly cruel punishment he imposed as ruler of Wallachia; however, the people of Romania refer to Vlad as a savior to their nation and continue to justify his method of torture as not uncommon for that period in history.[1]

In the English-speaking world, Vlad III is perhaps most commonly known for inspiring the name of the vampire in Bram Stoker's 1897 novel Dracula.[2]

As prince, Vlad maintained an independent policy in relation to the Ottoman Empire[3] and was a defender of Wallachia against Ottoman expansionism.

PS: One of my Romanian co-workers dresses as Dracula every Halloween...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »
Vlad was a nothing. He was a legend, not an important person in the history.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »

That is your opinion

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2009, 09:19:52 PM »
From the same wiki:

Romanian folklore and poetry, on the other hand, paints Vlad Ţepeş as a hero. His favorite weapon being the stake, coupled with his reputation in his native country as a man who stood up to both foreign and domestic enemies, gives him the virtual opposite symbolism of Stoker's vampire. In Romania, he is considered one of the greatest leaders in the country's history, and was voted one of "100 Greatest Romanians" in the "Mari Români" television series aired in 2006.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2009, 09:20:49 PM »

That is your opinion

It's the history's opinion. He did nothing against Turks, maybe won some minor battles, but nothing more.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2009, 09:22:09 PM »

That is your opinion

It's the history's opinion. He did nothing against Turks, maybe won some minor battles, but nothing more.
Sure

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2010, 06:23:33 PM »
By the way, this video explains the history of where Romanians come from, they are descendents of the Romans who conquered the Dacian tribes. Not gypsies.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2010, 11:24:34 PM »
What Jew could feel safe living in any country in Europe (Holocaust memorials notwithstanding)?  They murdered us once, they'll murder us twice.  Let another little man with mustache show up and the party's over.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2010, 02:19:33 PM »
In my neighborhood they care for the elderly. They look like Russians from province.

Then those aren't really Romanians, Romanians do not look anything like Russians with the exception of those near the Ukranian border that possibly mixed. Most Romanians are darker than your average European and look pretty similar to any other Latin person (like the Spanish, Italian, French). Romanians are not ethnically Slavic but they carry some Slavic tradition in their music and dance/food while adapting a Latin language.

I didn't mean racial features. Rather, I meant dressing, manners and behavior. Perhaps, those I saw were indeed from Moldova, or maybe socialism was the common experience that had similar influence on both nations.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)