Author Topic: I am tired of hearing people complaining about Columbus Day. I don't mean you  (Read 2414 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
There was an article on Yahoo a few days ago. About Christopher Columbus being that today is Columbus Day.  You notice, the establishment can make cracks about Columbus. On President's Day (when we had real presidents) all is lumped in for sales at department stores.  Lets remind if it wasn't for Columbus really there wouldn't be a "New World".  When people thought the world was flat.  It is about a white guy though so you can see the double standard.  But if people refuse not to even bother with MLK day right away people are referred to as bigots, racists etc.  As an American with Italian heritage I am proud of it, cause through him we are living in the west, where a nation in such a short period of time compared to the rest of the world we are a very young country but we have created so much for the world.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Bourne

• New JTFer
I saw that article as well.  Absolute revisionist garbage.  You never heard any of this "Columbus was a murderer" claptrap until around 1992 (the 500th anniversary of his voyage).  There's no objective evidence for any of it (surprise, surprise). 

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Cause it is a double standard.  Same with St. Pats day or any holiday that has to do with whites.  I want to see proof on who he murdered.  If anything he was a visonary seeing a land with great prosperity, hopes and success.  You notice for MLK Day we hear about it all week long, even a month in advance.  But for a holiday where it has a "honkey" in it, you  hear nothing about it.  You get distorted lies. And there has never been one shred of evidence on him murderering anyone.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Vikings discovered it first and made settlements I think. I think we should be happy about Columbus day too though.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Here is a great song about Christopher Columbus Master Wolf. It always brings a smile to my face.... Just click on the Dinah Washington album picture to play it.
http://songza.fm/~1unpv6
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Here's another song to help you celebrate Columbus Day, MasterWolf.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Shiptar

• Full JTFer
Ive heard black leaders like Sharpton try to underplay 'white' holidays, meanwhile they get a whole Black History Month and arent satisfied.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Masterwolf, you KNOW that is a bunch of LIES about Colombus, he and his NINETY men taking the WHOLE nation of SIX million Indians? They are INSANE, the same type people give Hussein a 'peace-prize'
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
I saw that article as well.  Absolute revisionist garbage.  You never heard any of this "Columbus was a murderer" claptrap until around 1992 (the 500th anniversary of his voyage).  There's no objective evidence for any of it (surprise, surprise). 

I was in school by then, but I don't think it was until middle school that they started to feed us that "claptrap."  But they certainly did.

From what I remember, though, they were showing us quotes from Columbus' journal.   Primary documents can't really be waved away as liberal propaganda, even though I agree that it is somewhat silly to undermine the American nation by attacking all its heroes.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I personally am thankful for Christopher Columbus and his putting North America on the map. I doubt that that native North Americans had the technology to sail across the Oceans. The discovery led to the establishment of America as a democracy for all people and this lead to much innovation.

There is little to mourn about Columbus.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Sorry but I feel different about this issue...

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
You can't pluck a character out of history and hold him up to today's 'standards'.

The poor Indians,  Columbus treated them poorly.  My daughter was given the Columbus was a bad man speech in kindergarten, from her music teacher. I guess the Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson of the tribe wasn't around to straighten him out.  They could have staged a protest.  Called in the media.

People better wake up.  We are celebrating National Spanish Heritage Month right now.  I predict that Columbus Day will be short lived.
It will soon be known as Dora the Explorer Day.  We can all don our backpacks, grab our monkey friend and go to her parade.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I don't know enough to judge, but this is the exact Spain that in the exact same year was responsible for the Inquisition.

What did Columbus think of the Inquisition?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
I don't know enough to judge, but this is the exact Spain that in the exact same year was responsible for the Inquisition.

What did Columbus think of the Inquisition?
Is it possible to really know?

http://www.aish.com/jl/h/48951681.html

CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS

The day after the expulsion, August 3, 1492, Christopher Columbus left on his famed voyage of discovery. His diary begins:

"In the same month in which their Majesties issued the edit that all Jews should be driven out of the kingdom and its territories, in the same month, they gave me the order to undertake with sufficient men my expedition of discovery of the Indies."
Many people like to speculate that Columbus was of Jewish ancestry, and there is a good case for it. (For those interested, there are a lot of fascinating tidbits about Columbus collected in a book called Christopher Columbus's Jewish Connection by Jane Francis Amler.) (2) Here are some examples:

Although he was born in Genoa, Italy, his first language was Castilian Spanish. Many Jews had been forced to leave Castile about hundred years before his birth and some went to Genoa. (Incidentally, 14th century Castilian Spanish is the "Yiddish" of Spanish Jewry known as "Ladino.")
When he wrote, Columbus made funny little marks on the page that resembled the markings that religious Jews put on top of the written page even to this day - an abbreviation of besiyata d'ishmaya, which means "with God's help" in Aramaic.
He talked a great deal about Zion in his writings.
In his crew, he had five known Jews, including his doctor, navigator, and translator.
Columbus hired the translator, Louis de Torres, (who had converted to Christianity the day before he set sail) because he spoke twelve languages including Hebrew. And Columbus was sure he was not going to bump into Hebrew-speakers. He thought he was going to go to the Far East and he expected to find at least one of the ten lost tribes there and needed a Hebrew speaker.

Furthermore, there's no question that Columbus's voyage to America was spiritually linked to the expulsion. Just as one of the greatest Jewish communities of Medieval Europe is being destroyed, God was opening up the doors of what is going to eventually become the greatest Diaspora refuge for Jews in history -- America. This is another tremendous pattern we see in history: God making the cure before the disease.

Incidentally, Columbus's voyage was not financed by Isabella selling her jewels as is often stated. The major financiers were two court officials - both Jewish converses - Louis de Santangel, chancellor of the royal household, and Gabriel Sanchez, treasurer of Aragon.

The first letter Columbus sent back from the New World was not to Ferdinand and Isabella, but to Santangel and Sanchez thanking them for their support and telling them what he found.

The voyage of Columbus is a landmark in the Age of Exploration when numerous discoverers opened up the New World. While no other is believed to be Jewish, their discoveries were, to a significant extent, made possible by Jewish inventions or Jewish improvements to existing inventions.

For example, the key tools of navigators -- the quadrant and the astral lobe used during this period- were of Jewish manufacture. In fact, the type of quadrant then in use was called "Jacob's Staff"; it had been invented by Rabbi Levi ben Gershon also known as Gershonides.

The famous atlas that Columbus and the other explorers used was known as the Catalon Atlas. It was the creation of the Cresca Family, Jews from Majorca, Spain. Not only was the Catalon Atlas considered the greatest and most significant collection of maps at the time, it had no competition to speak of. Jews had a virtual monopoly at map making then, culling information from Jewish merchants from all over the known world.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
And all this time i thought those inventions were invented in Africa :::D :::D :::D    BTW  yesterday Michael Savage had a tribute to the great Italian scientists,musicians etc.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮

When I was a boy, there was no "presidents day".
There was Washington's birthday and there was Lincoln's b'day.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
And all this time i thought those inventions were invented in Africa :::D :::D :::D    BTW  yesterday Michael Savage had a tribute to the great Italian scientists,musicians etc.
Shocking isn't it?  :o 8;) :::D

• Gold Star JTF Member
Yes there are some indications that Columbus may have been Jewish.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
I still believe the natives were screwed out of their land, sorry just my opinion.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
We Jews are so very lucky that America exists and existed. If not for Columbus and the discovery by Europeans of the New World then us Jews would be in very, very bad shape. America has always been open to Jewish immigrants. My family came here in the early 1900s during the great exodus from Russia during the upheaval and pogroms of the times. If America did not exist my ancestors would certainly have perished in Russia or Europe.

In the grand scheme of things I think the creation of USA was one of the greatest things in the evolution of the human race on earth. I am sorry if it required some pain. In my opinion the Indians are doing much better under the American government than they would have fared against Mexico, Spain, England, or France.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
I still believe the natives were screwed out of their land, sorry just my opinion.

Seems like that's what happened, but at the same time, it can't be undone.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Well, I think the natives were screwed a lot more than I think da brothas and sistahs from Africa were, for sure. Their lives were immensely better as slaves on a cotton farm than they were dying at age ten of horrific worm infections in da jungles.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
You can't pluck a character out of history and hold him up to today's 'standards'.

The poor Indians,  Columbus treated them poorly.  My daughter was given the Columbus was a bad man speech in kindergarten, from her music teacher. I guess the Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson of the tribe wasn't around to straighten him out.  They could have staged a protest.  Called in the media.

People better wake up.  We are celebrating National Spanish Heritage Month right now.  I predict that Columbus Day will be short lived.
It will soon be known as Dora the Explorer Day.  We can all don our backpacks, grab our monkey friend and go to her parade.

That's pretty funny Bullcat   :::D  Sadly it just shows that we are becoming more and more of a Mickey Mouse Society  :'( .
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Manifest Destiny is something I'm extremely proud of as an American. I think it was a beautiful march of progress across the North American continent to grow the USA from sea to shining sea. Thank God for Manifest Destiny.