Author Topic: Life Out West--David Ben Moshe  (Read 4832 times)

Offline americankahanist

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Full JTFer
Life Out West--David Ben Moshe
« on: October 13, 2009, 06:03:30 PM »
I had all of NYC that I could take.  Not only did we have ever escalating property and sales tax, but also water tax moving higher at a rate,  far passed that of inflation, and I wont even mention Con Edison always asking for rate hikes.  And for what??  Welfare?  Exaggerated city pensions?  Endless make work highway/bridge construction projects, on every single artery,  that never make the roads any better since they just move up the road to tie up traffic there, when the current endless project is finally completed?  A mayor that not only bought his way into the executive sport but over ruled the people when they said 2 terms is enough?  Third worlders everywhere? 

Its all of that, and I dont see any of this out west.  Want to carry a gun?  No problem.  Want a big house?  Its cheap.  Want small property taxes?  We have that too.  Want nice weather?  We have well over 300 days of sunshine and a winter that is just 2 months long.  As October moves on and NY awaits its first frost, we are waiting for temperatures to be back in the 80's with low humidity.  Thats coming this weekend.  Meanwhile its in the high 60's.

Want to see conservatives every where?  They are all over, some almost as hard right as I am.  The only liberals I have met were a Jewish couple formerly from NYC.  The wife missed the diversity.   She misses being raped by two 4'2'' Mexicans?????

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Life Out West--David Ben Moshe
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:03:15 PM »
It's great to hear that your move out west is working out well. I can't see how places like New York can expect to remain viable for much longer with the cost of everything going up in leaps and bounds. If I was a few years younger or going into retirement soon a move out west might be just the right thing.  For now I will have to suffer along here in New York. The time is not right to sell and relocate and the job market is not exactly the greatest. The weather there sounds made to order. With winter here just around the corner the warm weather you speak of sounds great. Enjoy!!!
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 07:22:55 PM »
Sounds like you and Ashe Dina are very happy out there.  Good for the two of you! 

Offline patches

• Senior JTFer
  • To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 07:52:59 PM »
I guess no more Chaim and David videos...  :'(

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 07:57:31 PM »
It's good to hear from you.  I know your quite the cowboy though don't you think you should have moved to Israel instead?  Course I would imagine that liberal woman shouldn't be unhappy because there are probably more 4 foot 2 Mexicans that would probably rape her out there lol.  
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 07:58:23 PM »
I guess no more Chaim and David videos...  :'(

Good grief.  Like we don't have technology to make that happen.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 08:00:52 PM »
Oh, you're David Ben Moshe.  Cheers.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 08:04:55 PM »
Oh a place like that sounds like something that can't possibly exist. Right wing people all around?
No rap noise blasting from cars, carrying a gun?

Wish you the best.

Hopefully after my college days I can live somewhere like that if such places exist by then.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »
Oh a place like that sounds like something that can't possibly exist. Right wing people all around?

Wish you the best.

Hopefully after my college days I can live somewhere like that if such places exist by then.

Yeah I am sick of Atlanta myself. 

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 08:09:30 PM »

Wish you the best.

Atlanta turned into a rough town.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 08:11:45 PM »

Wish you the best.

No one calls it Atlanta they call it Hotlanta or the ATL

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 08:16:31 PM »
I had all of NYC that I could take.  Not only did we have ever escalating property and sales tax, but also water tax moving higher at a rate,  far passed that of inflation, and I wont even mention Con Edison always asking for rate hikes.  And for what??  Welfare?  Exaggerated city pensions?  Endless make work highway/bridge construction projects, on every single artery,  that never make the roads any better since they just move up the road to tie up traffic there, when the current endless project is finally completed?  A mayor that not only bought his way into the executive sport but over ruled the people when they said 2 terms is enough?  Third worlders everywhere? 

Its all of that, and I dont see any of this out west.  Want to carry a gun?  No problem.  Want a big house?  Its cheap.  Want small property taxes?  We have that too.  Want nice weather?  We have well over 300 days of sunshine and a winter that is just 2 months long.  As October moves on and NY awaits its first frost, we are waiting for temperatures to be back in the 80's with low humidity.  Thats coming this weekend.  Meanwhile its in the high 60's.

Want to see conservatives every where?  They are all over, some almost as hard right as I am.  The only liberals I have met were a Jewish couple formerly from NYC.  The wife missed the diversity.   She misses being raped by two 4'2'' Mexicans?????

What state are you currently in, David?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 08:19:59 PM »

Wish you the best.

And it's actually coming out into the suburbs.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »

Wish you the best.

Some years back I was traveling between Columbia South Carolina and Warm Springs Georgia. I landed in Columbia late and started looking for a hotel room about 50 or so miles outside of Atlanta. I went into a Days in and the black lady there told me she had no rooms however I should go to the Hampton's Inn at the next exit and stay there. She told me to avoid going into Atlanta at night!! She said go in the day tomorrow if you want but do not go tonight. Every now and then I think of her and I say a G-d bless for her concern. I knew Atlanta had problems but I was not aware back then that they were so bad.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 08:45:57 PM »
בס''ד

There's just one problem: for a lifelong New Yorker, moving to a relatively small city out West can be very boring. Yes, you will have more peace and quiet, but after a while it's too peaceful and too quiet.

There are many terrible things in New York, but at least it's not boring. I have been to many other places, and they are boring by comparison.

Incidentally, one place that is even more exciting than New York is Israel. (If you speak Hebrew.)

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 12:13:34 AM »

Wish you the best.

Some years back I was traveling between Columbia South Carolina and Warm Springs Georgia. I landed in Columbia late and started looking for a hotel room about 50 or so miles outside of Atlanta. I went into a Days in and the black lady there told me she had no rooms however I should go to the Hampton's Inn at the next exit and stay there. She told me to avoid going into Atlanta at night!! She said go in the day tomorrow if you want but do not go tonight. Every now and then I think of her and I say a G-d bless for her concern. I knew Atlanta had problems but I was not aware back then that they were so bad.

I know.  God bless her!!!!  Funny thing.  I used to live in Cola Sc and it wasn't as bad even though it had a lot of blacks though they weren't as bad as the one's in ATL.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 12:55:35 AM »
Just one question are there any Jews where you live??
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 02:43:09 AM »
בס''ד

There's just one problem: for a lifelong New Yorker, moving to a relatively small city out West can be very boring. Yes, you will have more peace and quiet, but after a while it's too peaceful and too quiet.

There are many terrible things in New York, but at least it's not boring. I have been to many other places, and they are boring by comparison.

Incidentally, one place that is even more exciting than New York is Israel. (If you speak Hebrew.)

Take it from a former New Yorker, peace and quiet is alot better than crime, crowding, congestion, filth and high taxes.

What can you do in New York that you can't do out west ?

I doubt David is going to miss going to those Broadway plays, shopping on 5th Ave and eating at those exclusive restaurants.

Trust me, about the only thing he's going to miss is a good slice of pizza or a bagel.

Whatever minor inconveniences one might experience living in a smaller city out west is more than compensated for by the overall quality of life.

I cherish my memories of growing up in Brooklyn. Wouldn't trade them for the world.
But that was a long, long time ago, in a different city than the one that exists today.

New York City is a great place....to be from !

David, best of luck to you and AD.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 06:02:48 AM »
Even though I do not know you personally- I wish the Best of Luck to you and Ash Dina.  And congratulations on your move and new home. 

Aces High

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 06:03:33 AM »
Where is west?  Wyoming?  Where are the Jews in Wyoming?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline americankahanist

• Full JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 08:59:25 AM »
I would rather not say at this time but its the ol' south west.   As for Jews here, I met 2 of them, a moderate and a liberal, who misses diversity.   At the local community center there are quite a few Jewish names that I see on the membership list.  In this part of the state, there are very few cucarachas and the 3 blacks that I have seen spoke perfect English.   Is this utopia??

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 09:46:44 AM »
I would rather not say at this time but its the ol' south west.   As for Jews here, I met 2 of them, a moderate and a liberal, who misses diversity.   At the local community center there are quite a few Jewish names that I see on the membership list.  In this part of the state, there are very few cucarachas and the 3 blacks that I have seen spoke perfect English.   Is this utopia??

Actually if it is where I think you are (Arizona, New Mexico or West Texas)...very pretty area I hear....

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 09:59:44 AM »
I glad to hear you and Ahedina are doing well, and don't have any regrets about leaving the Big Rotten Apple!
We'll miss you at our JTFers meetings, and all the contributions you guys made, will no doubt be missed.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 10:19:29 AM »
בס''ד

Oh good gracious Chaim---- :P
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 12:06:30 PM »
Hi Paulette, have you been to the Grand Canyon yet?