Author Topic: Young Israeli man dies after tongue piercing  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Young Israeli man dies after tongue piercing
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 12:01:45 PM »
Multiple Brain Abscesses Associated With Tongue Piercing

Moshe Yoel Herskovitz, MD; Dorit Goldsher, MD; Renato Finkelstein, MD; Yaron Bar-Lavi, MD; Marius Constantinescu, MD; Gregory Telman, MD

Arch Neurol. 2009;66(10):1292.    

Multiple Brain Abscesses Associated With Tongue Piercing

Moshe Yoel Herskovitz, MD; Dorit Goldsher, MD; Renato Finkelstein, MD; Yaron Bar-Lavi, MD; Marius Constantinescu, MD; Gregory Telman, MD

Arch Neurol. 2009;66(10):1292.

Since this article does not have an abstract, we have provided the first 150 words of the full text and any section headings.

A previously healthy 22-year-old man was referred to our institution by another hospital because of high fever, drowsiness, and multiple ring-enhancing lesions on brain computed tomography (CT). Medical history was unremarkable, except for a tongue piercing the patient had gotten 2 weeks earlier. On hospital admission, global aphasia and right hemiplegia were found. His temperature was 39°C, and his white blood cell count showed leukocytosis with a left shift. The patient was given empirical antibiotic treatment. Magnetic resonance imaging of the brain revealed 13 ring enhancement lesions with surrounding edema, with focal bleeding in some of them (Figure). Results of an extensive clinical and laboratory workup, including abdominal CT, transesophageal echocardiography, immunoelectrophoresis, complement levels, antinuclear antibody test, human immunodeficiency virus test, and sweat test for cystic fibrosis, were negative, . .
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 12:16:03 PM »
What the hell was he doing with a tongue ring? Was he a fag?

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 12:17:36 PM »
Died ???

R.I.P
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 12:19:25 PM »

It does not make you a fag if you have one.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 12:19:53 PM »

My cousin also has.
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 12:19:59 PM »
Not all people with body piercings are gay--some are just "alternative" or "punk".

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 12:26:47 PM »
I don't need edification about which group of losers decide to savagely mutilate their body.

The guy was an idiot. May he rest in peace though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:35:09 PM by Mishmaat »

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 12:36:31 PM »
Now as I live in a greater city, I see here more people with piercings.

I myself have never thought about something like this or tattoos.

In prior times piercings and tattoos were a sign of belonging to the poor working class.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 12:42:04 PM »

AHero,

I agree with you.
The piercing is not an indication of his "sexual orientation".

No matter what, this is a tragedy....

And, may he Rest in Peace.....

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 12:56:26 PM »
Tongue rings are bad. Brain abcesses as a result of them?  Highly rare. However there is a risk of infection recession of teeth tooth loss and broken teeth
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 01:01:54 PM »
I should say also that piercings other than a single one in wach ear for females and maybe a teeny one on the nose. That and tatoos are highly ugly and disgusting. And very low class and dirty. I don't recommend it for a normal decent human being in particular our own young jtfers
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 01:02:53 PM »

In prior times piercings and tattoos were a sign of belonging to the poor working class.

How would they be a sign of the poor working class if you have to pay for piercings and tattoos.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 01:15:38 PM »
I think its very cool to make yourself look like a fecking cow:

Putting holes in your body for no good reason is .... well, not good.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 01:17:42 PM »

So that is where my door knocker went

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 01:18:22 PM »

How would they be a sign of the poor working class if you have to pay for piercings and tattoos.

Because they were the fashion of sailors and day laborers even until newer times.

If you wear the signs of a group you will be affiliated.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 01:24:28 PM »
Tongue piercing are o.k. for women i guess tattoos for men although i don't have any
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 01:26:01 PM »
No Jew should ever get a Tattoo... It is an obvious violation of a commandment...

No Jewish man should ever get a piercing, unless for medical reasons... It is against Jewish law.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 01:26:46 PM »
No Jew should ever get a Tattoo... It is an obvious violation of a Mitzvot...

No Jewish man should ever get a piercing, unless for medical reasons... It is against Jewish law.

What medical reasons are there to get a piercing?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 01:27:50 PM »
No Jew should ever get a Tattoo... It is an obvious violation of a commandment...

I DON'T HAVE ONE BUT I KNOW MANY JEWS WHO DO HAVE TATTOOS
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 01:45:13 PM »

I DON'T HAVE ONE BUT I KNOW MANY JEWS WHO DO HAVE TATTOOS

Yes, and it is still a violation of Torah, like Shabbat Desecration which many Jews do, and eating treif which many Jews do too...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 01:46:14 PM »
No Jew should ever get a Tattoo... It is an obvious violation of a Mitzvot...

What medical reasons are there to get a piercing?

http://www.oztorah.com/2008/01/body-piercing-ask-the-rabbi/

Q. Does Judaism allow alterations to one’s skin, e.g. body piercing?

A. Tattooing is viewed negatively as its origins were idolatrous (Lev. 19:28; Maimonides, Hilchot Avodah Zarah 12:11), even though, technically speaking, it is banned only if done with indelible ink and in the form of writing (Makkot 3:6; Shulchan Aruch, Yoreh De’ah 180:1).

Cosmetic surgery raises the halachic issues of intentionally wounding oneself, risking infection, etc. Rabbinic responsa permit it for psychological or medical reasons (e.g. after an accident) but not for mere vanity, especially among males, unless the operation is common practice in the place concerned (see I. Jakobovits, “Jewish Medical Ethics”).

Piercing the ears was a mark of servitude in Biblical times (Ex. 21:6), yet ear- and nose-rings were often worn by women. For men to wear them would presumably infringe the prohibition against cross-dressing. The problem today is that some people insert rings in strange parts of their person as a mark of vanity or frivolity. Even if what is done is not likely to be hazardous to health, vanity or a sense of fun is no justification for immodesty ­- or for “meshugass”. The basic rule is that the body is the property of the Holy One, blessed is He, and its dignity must not be compromised or its integrity invaded. Instead of overdoing the preening of the body, one should work on one’s mind, heart and soul.

http://www.jlaw.com/Commentary/piercing.html

Body piercing is not a new phenomena. The Bible makes reference to noserings and earrings. In recent years, this ancient art has experienced a revival, and is moving into the mainstream. While pierced ears have long been commonplace, a growing number of people now the pierce noses, navels, nipples, tongues, and even genitalia. What does Halacha have to say about body piercing? (Space limitations preclude discussing other Halachic issues such as honoring parents, concerns about the safety of certain piercing procedures, or a discussion of tattooing, which is specifically prohibited by the Bible).

Jewish law prohibits one from hitting and wounding others. The Talmud (Baba Kama 91b) records a debate whether it is permitted for someone to wound himself. The great majority of medieval authorities accept the opinion that self wounding is forbidden. (Shulchan Aruch Choshen Mishpat 420:31).

At first glance, this Halacha is perplexing. It seems reasonable to prohibit someone from injuring another person when she protests; that is an breach of another's fundamental rights. However, why would Halacha prohibit self wounding? Rabbi S.Z. Zevin answers (L'Or HaHalacha pages 318-338; cf. Minchat Hinnuch 48) that man is not the master of his own body. God is the one who grants life, and maintains full rights to the human body. "The Lord gives and the Lord takes" is not a mere phrase, but rather a statement of fact: God owns man's body. Consequently, self inflicted wounds and suicide are forbidden, because the human body belongs to God, not man.

The prohibition against self wounding would seem to preclude body piercing. But it isn't that simple. Not all wounding is prohibited. If a doctor needs to operate on someone, the operation is permitted even though the doctor will wound the patient in the process. This is because wounding for therapeutic purposes is allowed. In evaluating the permissibility of body piercing, we must ask the following question: Is wounding for reasons of beauty is allowed?

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 01:56:41 PM »

That picture cannot be real? if so have a link

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 02:12:13 PM »

That is a link.
I don't own that picture.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 02:20:08 PM »

It is a real pic