Author Topic: Space Scientist Is Held as Spy for Israel  (Read 786 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Space Scientist Is Held as Spy for Israel
« on: October 20, 2009, 04:45:52 AM »
What was the purpose of this FBI investigation? Israel doesn't spy in the USA after the Pollard case. And if Stewart Nozette would have been an Israeli spy, he had already his leading-officer and he would not engage with some strange guy in this kind of thing.

My oppinion is, that he was entrapped and the officers of the secret service did it because they want to be liked by and want to stand in the favour of BHO.

Space Scientist Is Held as Spy

FBI Arrests U.S. Government Physicist in Sting Operation Involving Nuclear Secrets

By EVAN PEREZ
WASHINGTON -- A top U.S. space researcher was arrested in a Federal Bureau of Investigation sting Monday and charged with attempting to spy for Israel.

Stewart Nozette, 52 years old, of Chevy Chase, Md., is a former government physicist who worked for agencies ranging from the Defense Department to the White House.

View Full Image

Getty Images

Stewart Nozette, center, was present at a Pentagon news briefing in December 1996, when he and Paul Spudis, left, both of the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, discuss the discovery of water on the moon.
In exchange for thousands of dollars in cash and an Israeli passport, Mr. Nozette allegedly attempted to pass on U.S. top-secret nuclear and space secrets to an FBI agent who was posing as an Israeli intelligence operative, according to an FBI affidavit filed with the criminal complaint in the case.

An attorney for Mr. Nozette didn't immediately respond to a call seeking comment. Mr. Nozette is expected to make his first appearance Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Washington. If convicted, Mr. Nozette faces up to life in prison.

Other alleged spy cases in recent years involving Israel include one that collapsed in May against two former lobbyists for a pro-Israel group. U.S. officials said the Nozette case doesn't include allegations that Israel or its agents were involved.

The FBI affidavit doesn't explain how Mr. Nozette came to the attention of U.S. investigators. However, the affidavit describes Mr. Nozette's work over the past decade for an Israeli aerospace company that is wholly owned by the Israeli government. During a security search as he departed on a foreign trip in January, a security officer noted he was traveling with two small portable hard drives, which another government officer couldn't locate in a subsequent search as Mr. Nozette re-entered the U.S.

A spokesman for the Israeli Embassy in Washington didn't respond to a request for comment.

"Those who would put our nation's defense secrets up for sale can expect to be vigorously prosecuted," said Channing D. Phillips, acting U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia.

FBI wiretaps cited in the government affidavit quote Mr. Nozette telling the undercover federal agent that his former top-secret security clearances allowed him access to sensitive nuclear and intelligence secrets.

"I don't get recruited by Mossad every day. I knew this day would come," Mr. Nozette allegedly is heard on wiretaps telling the FBI agent, according to the affidavit.

The FBI agent arranged for Mr. Nozette to use a location previously set up -- a "dead-drop" -- at a post-office box in Washington, provided him a cellphone to send text messages, and set up an alias for use in his new Israeli identification documents, according to the affidavit. In a post-office box dead-drop last month, Mr. Nozette left a sealed manila envelope containing an encrypted portable hard drive, the affidavit says. The drive contained classified information on satellite programs supporting U.S. military and intelligence operations.

While the affidavit indicates that Mr. Nozette at first appeared suspicious about the espionage arrangements, it also relates how the undercover agent gained Mr. Nozette's trust and he is heard on a wiretap saying of the post-office drops: "that seems kind of Mossad-like." The FBI affidavit quotes Mr. Nozette offering to provide additional classified information on nuclear and other weapons systems, as well as military spacecraft or satellites. He explained that he would earn his keep, according to affidavit, because some of the information would have to be from memory, since he no longer has the necessary security clearances. "These are among the most sensitive subjects and it will have to be recreated from memory over some time," the FBI affidavit quotes him as saying.

Mr. Nozette, a Chicago native, was prominent in his field. He helped develop a radar experiment, now displayed at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, that is said to have detected water on the moon's south pole.

Source: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125600137727795549.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Space Scientist Is Held as Spy for Israel
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 05:32:17 AM »
What was the purpose of this FBI investigation? Israel doesn't spy in the USA after the Pollard case. And if Stewart Nozette would have been an Israeli spy, he had already his leading-officer and he would not engage with some strange guy in this kind of thing.

My oppinion is, that he was entrapped and the officers of the secret service did it because they want to be liked by and want to stand in the favour of BHO.

Space Scientist Is Held as Spy

FBI Arrests U.S. Government Physicist in Sting Operation Involving Nuclear Secrets

By EVAN PEREZ
WASHINGTON -- A top U.S. space researcher was arrested in a Federal Bureau of Investigation sting Monday and charged with attempting to spy for Israel.

Stewart Nozette, 52 years old, of Chevy Chase, Md., is a former government physicist who worked for agencies ranging from the Defense Department to the White House.

View Full Image

Getty Images

Stewart Nozette, center, was present at a Pentagon news briefing in December 1996, when he and Paul Spudis, left, both of the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, discuss the discovery of water on the moon.
In exchange for thousands of dollars in cash and an Israeli passport, Mr. Nozette allegedly attempted to pass on U.S. top-secret nuclear and space secrets to an FBI agent who was posing as an Israeli intelligence operative, according to an FBI affidavit filed with the criminal complaint in the case.

An attorney for Mr. Nozette didn't immediately respond to a call seeking comment. Mr. Nozette is expected to make his first appearance Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Washington. If convicted, Mr. Nozette faces up to life in prison.

Other alleged spy cases in recent years involving Israel include one that collapsed in May against two former lobbyists for a pro-Israel group. U.S. officials said the Nozette case doesn't include allegations that Israel or its agents were involved.

The FBI affidavit doesn't explain how Mr. Nozette came to the attention of U.S. investigators. However, the affidavit describes Mr. Nozette's work over the past decade for an Israeli aerospace company that is wholly owned by the Israeli government. During a security search as he departed on a foreign trip in January, a security officer noted he was traveling with two small portable hard drives, which another government officer couldn't locate in a subsequent search as Mr. Nozette re-entered the U.S.

A spokesman for the Israeli Embassy in Washington didn't respond to a request for comment.

"Those who would put our nation's defense secrets up for sale can expect to be vigorously prosecuted," said Channing D. Phillips, acting U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia.

FBI wiretaps cited in the government affidavit quote Mr. Nozette telling the undercover federal agent that his former top-secret security clearances allowed him access to sensitive nuclear and intelligence secrets.

"I don't get recruited by Mossad every day. I knew this day would come," Mr. Nozette allegedly is heard on wiretaps telling the FBI agent, according to the affidavit.

The FBI agent arranged for Mr. Nozette to use a location previously set up -- a "dead-drop" -- at a post-office box in Washington, provided him a cellphone to send text messages, and set up an alias for use in his new Israeli identification documents, according to the affidavit. In a post-office box dead-drop last month, Mr. Nozette left a sealed manila envelope containing an encrypted portable hard drive, the affidavit says. The drive contained classified information on satellite programs supporting U.S. military and intelligence operations.

While the affidavit indicates that Mr. Nozette at first appeared suspicious about the espionage arrangements, it also relates how the undercover agent gained Mr. Nozette's trust and he is heard on a wiretap saying of the post-office drops: "that seems kind of Mossad-like." The FBI affidavit quotes Mr. Nozette offering to provide additional classified information on nuclear and other weapons systems, as well as military spacecraft or satellites. He explained that he would earn his keep, according to affidavit, because some of the information would have to be from memory, since he no longer has the necessary security clearances. "These are among the most sensitive subjects and it will have to be recreated from memory over some time," the FBI affidavit quotes him as saying.

Mr. Nozette, a Chicago native, was prominent in his field. He helped develop a radar experiment, now displayed at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, that is said to have detected water on the moon's south pole.

Source: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125600137727795549.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

I am glad to see the FBI is doing their job. This is an American problem or so it seems anyway. It's funny however how traitors like this always look to Israel to market their goods. However the FBI uncovers filthy animals that sell Americas military secrets that cost taxpayers billions to develop to keep us safe the FBI should continue doing it. This piece of cr-p should be dragged through the courts and if found guilty just shot. Why should the government feed and house this traitor. In the same way he was trying to make a contact with a friendly power like Israel he could have turned to the terrorist market.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 06:35:01 AM »
this story is very fishy and doesn't make sense on many counts  :nono:
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 06:53:31 AM »
Well they allegedly they have him on tape saying he knew sooner or later he would be contacted by the Mossad.

If them words came out of his mouth what more is there to say. If he fell for entrapment it's his own fault.... Stupidity and greed is not a defense.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 07:24:29 AM »
Well they allegedly they have him on tape saying he knew sooner or later he would be contacted by the Mossad.

If them words came out of his mouth what more is there to say. If he fell for entrapment it's his own fault.... Stupidity and greed is not a defense.
Two questions then raise my eybrowse and tighten my jaws
1) Why "Mossad" and not any other agency was used for entrapment? The wind of "change" blows hard at FBI?
 ::)
2) Why would he rely on Israeli passport as some kind of immunity against US extradition? This is so nonsensical, it doesn't even worth commenting. No other country came to mind of affirmative rights appointed FBI morons?
 :o
3) Since when "space exploration" "secrets" come into the orbit of Israel's defense interest?
4) etc, etc.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 07:47:20 AM »

Two questions then raise my eybrowse and tighten my jaws
1) Why "Mossad" and not any other agency was used for entrapment? The wind of "change" blows hard at FBI?
 ::)
2) Why would he rely on Israeli passport as some kind of immunity against US extradition? This is so nonsensical, it doesn't even worth commenting. No other country came to mind of affirmative rights appointed FBI morons?
3) Since when "space exploration" "secrets" come into the orbit of Israel's defense interest?
4) etc, etc.
All very true  and I see do your point. I don't believe Israel had the least interest in this guy or was ever in this picture. This was clearly a sting operation by the FBI to catch anyone passing on government information. The fact is this jerk clearly was misinformed or delusional enough to believe he was dealing with the Mossad. Moreover the fact that he left a hard drive filled with information at a drop point shows he was willing to deal. The guy was up to no good the fact that he thought Israel was on the buying end of the deal really is unimportant. This animal would have sold his information to anyone that came along.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 07:54:27 AM »
I agree with Manch here. It is in my country common, that the justice authorities feel the worldview of the political power and want to serve them.

Judges and destrict attournies and policemen are not independent people, because if they want to be promoted in the future, they need at least the agreement of the political power.

In my country it is fact, that in the case of a judge, who wants to get a higher position, only half of the members of the appointment commission are judges, the rest are politicians.

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
Dylan
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 09:03:34 AM »
I think this is an attempt to further smear Israel and tilt public perception against her. I can't imagine an FBI agent would pretend to be an agent from any other friendly country and actively approach a scientist.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 10:11:51 AM »
I think this is an attempt to further smear Israel and tilt public perception against her. I can't imagine an FBI agent would pretend to be an agent from any other friendly country and actively approach a scientist.
Precisely! All Joe-schmo-average American will know and remember that another "Israeli" spy was caught and that one cannot trust Jews. It is funny how Israel gets kicked every opportune time by its American and European masters - this is very similar to how rabbi Kahane's name is kicked and smeared every time bolshevik mention it in Israeli press.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot