Poll

Do you agree with intermarriage between Jews and Gentiles?

Yup
5 (16.7%)
Nahh
22 (73.3%)
donno
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: intermarriage between Jews and Gentiles - for or against?  (Read 5272 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: intermarriage between Jews and Gentiles - for or against?
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 07:07:20 PM »
Who is this with sign language for a screen name?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2009, 07:10:26 PM »
Who is this with sign language for a screen name?
ron ben michael
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2009, 07:10:58 PM »
This really is subjective. It all depends on the person. However, I'm pretty sure that in Judaism marrying a non-Jew is forbidden.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »
This is really not a good issue for our forum... We all know its forbidden and it really makes no difference if we agree or not.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Moshe92

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2009, 07:32:55 PM »
This is really not a good issue for our forum... We all know its forbidden and it really makes no difference if we agree or not.

I agree completely.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2009, 08:12:23 PM »
Well why not? I have mistaken also by saying yes but, whats wrong with this? Is it forbidden in The Torah?

Yes, it is forbidden to marry out of the faith.

Edit: I would possibly agree to them intermarrying if the Gentile converts to Judism and is serious about it. I don't see how it's evil.

But if the gentile converts, then it's a Jew marrying a convert (in other words, a Jew marrying a Jew).   That is not an intermarriage.  The problem is when the gentile does not convert to Judaism and Jew just marries a gentile.  That is forbidden.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009, 08:16:32 PM »
בס"ד

Well why not? I have mistaken also by saying yes but, whats wrong with this? Is it forbidden in The Torah?

Yes, it is forbidden to marry out of the faith.

Edit: I would possibly agree to them intermarrying if the Gentile converts to Judism and is serious about it. I don't see how it's evil.

But if the gentile converts, then it's a Jew marrying a convert (in other words, a Jew marrying a Jew).   That is not an intermarriage.  The problem is when the gentile does not convert to Judaism and Jew just marries a gentile.  That is forbidden.

Also a Gentile who "converts" only in order to marry the Jew is still a Gentile and not a very hoenst one. Conversion for marriage doesn't exist in Judaism.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »
But there are sincere converts to Judaism. I know some and think it is a very wonderful thing that a non-Jew loves Hashem and wants to join his people. The Prophets have foretold that in the days of Moshiach there will be a lot of non-Jews who want to convert but that it will be too late.

I hope that those who truly want to convert out of love of Hashem and his people do so before it is too late.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »
really really really really against it...and everyone should be also...

but of course if the gentile properly converts to Judaism and truthfully, then that gentile is really a Jew and therefore it's ok.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2009, 09:47:42 PM »
This topic is locked until Ron Ben Michael changes his name to an Earth language.
ROTFLMAO  :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2009, 10:10:35 PM »
בס"ד

This topic is locked until Ron Ben Michael changes his name to an Earth language.

first change urself to an Earth creature
PS: try getting a new style of humor no wonder why girls like the 1,000 kms distance from u
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 10:21:32 PM by Ron Ben Michael »

Moshe92

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2009, 10:18:03 PM »
בס"ד

U sure u Noahide

Why don't you think he's a noahide?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2009, 10:19:29 PM »
בס"ד

בס"ד

U sure u Noahide

He should actually understand what does it mean to talk to a Ben Shel Melech like he did

Moshe92

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2009, 10:27:15 PM »
בס"ד

בס"ד

U sure u Noahide

He should actually understand what does it mean to talk to a Ben Shel Melech like he did

Why are you calling yourself the son of a king?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2009, 10:29:18 PM »
בס"ד

בס"ד

בס"ד

U sure u Noahide

Every religious Jew knows that a Bar Israel is a Ben Shel Melech Ha'Olam and the opposite (in gender) goes to a Bat Israel.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2009, 10:30:13 PM »
Dude, chill out. No reason to get insulting.

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2009, 10:32:33 PM »
בס''ד

Every religious Jew knows that a Bar Israel is a Ben Shel Melech Ha'Olam and the opposite (in gender) goes to a Bat Israel.

I never knew that.

Moshe92

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2009, 10:32:52 PM »
בס"ד

בס"ד

בס"ד

U sure u Noahide

Dan Ben Noah did not insult you.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2009, 10:41:16 PM »
בס"ד

בס''ד

I never knew that.

Sad isn't it. Ask Chaim about this if u want or post a question in Ask The Rabbi program in Yeshiva or Kippa if u understand Hebrew.

בס''ד

ברוכה הבאה!

בת ישראל היא נסיכה קדושה. היא בת מלך העולם...

http://hayamin.org/forum/index.php/topic,20014.msg135427.html#msg135427

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2009, 10:42:11 PM »
בס"ד

בס"ד

בס"ד

U sure u Noahide

Dan Ben Noah did not insult you.

Not like he wasn't trying to or his tone was just as annoying as his sense of "humor".

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2009, 11:21:39 PM »
בס"ד

PS: try getting a new style of humor no wonder why girls like the 1,000 kms distance from u

Dude, Dan Ben Noah is the funniest guy on this forum, so challenging his sense of humor is not getting you anywhere.   As for the girls and 1000 km, I have no clue what you're talking about, but it sounds like a lame middle-school style "dis."   Just MO.   I am an advocate of keeping the conversation civil here.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2009, 11:33:16 PM »
בס"ד

בס"ד

Dude, Dan Ben Noah is the funniest guy on this forum, so challenging his sense of humor is not getting you anywhere.   As for the girls and 1000 km, I have no clue what you're talking about, but it sounds like a lame middle-school style "dis."   Just MO.   I am an advocate of keeping the conversation civil here.

Man, the only place he's noticed. I doubt and challenge his sense of humor lol, the only thing he made me feel is mercy on his nerdy-childish jokes.
As for the middle-school style BS, neh, it's the truth, sometimes funny, sometimes painful, this time painful.  :'( just funny and pathetic how u people worship this guy.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2009, 11:35:35 PM »
I think two people who want to get married should have the same religion.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2009, 11:55:25 PM »
I think two people who want to get married should have the same religion.
This should be just common sense.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2009, 11:56:47 PM »
בס"ד

בס"ד

Man, the only place he's noticed. I doubt and challenge his sense of humor lol, the only thing he made me feel is mercy on his nerdy-childish jokes.
As for the middle-school style BS, neh, it's the truth, sometimes funny, sometimes painful, this time painful.  :'( just funny and pathetic how u people worship this guy.

Worship the guy?   In what way?  You have a wild imagination, it seems.

I don't really know anything about his personal life, other than the fact that he puts a lot of time into this forum, he learned Hebrew, and he is a Noahide.   If you do know something about his personal life, you shouldn't be saying stuff like that.   That would be rather childish and offensive.   Then again, you are probably just making stuff up.   But in that case, why make middle school disses out of thin air?