Poll

Do you agree with intermarriage between Jews and Gentiles?

Yup
5 (16.7%)
Nahh
22 (73.3%)
donno
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: intermarriage between Jews and Gentiles - for or against?  (Read 5273 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: intermarriage between Jews and Gentiles - for or against?
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2009, 11:58:24 PM »
To be clear: If you know about his personal life why would you talk about that here?   Surely this is against our religion, and at least against appropriate behavior for a forum.
If you don't know and are making stuff up, why are you making stuff up?

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2009, 12:02:14 AM »
בס"ד

בס"ד

בס"ד

This topic is locked until Ron Ben Michael changes his name to an Earth language.

first change urself to an Earth creature
PS: try getting a new style of humor no wonder why girls like the 1,000 kms distance from u

Dude, Dan Ben Noah is the funniest guy on this forum, so challenging his sense of humor is not getting you anywhere.   As for the girls and 1000 km, I have no clue what you're talking about, but it sounds like a lame middle-school style "dis."   Just MO.   I am an advocate of keeping the conversation civil here.

Man, the only place he's noticed. I doubt and challenge his sense of humor lol, the only thing he made me feel is mercy on his nerdy-childish jokes.
As for the middle-school style BS, neh, it's the truth, sometimes funny, sometimes painful, this time painful.  :'( just funny and pathetic how u people worship this guy.

Worship the guy?   In what way?  You have a wild imagination, it seems.

I don't really know anything about his personal life, other than the fact that he puts a lot of time into this forum, he learned Hebrew, and he is a Noahide.   If you do know something about his personal life, you shouldn't be saying stuff like that.   That would be rather childish and offensive.   Then again, you are probably just making stuff up.   But in that case, why make middle school disses out of thin air?

I'm depressed. I expected someone who pretends to be intelligent to spent a bit thinking about what I said and not write 1 lame so-called insult and a whole 4 lines paragraph, u bored me than made me feel sorry for u and ur friend.
According to this crippled logic of urs, u cannot categorize me as and my talk as middle school style, I'd love to see Dan's or the most of the members of the forum do anything else rather than 24/7 mumbling in the forum as u call it.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2009, 12:04:46 AM »
בס"ד

To be clear: If you know about his personal life why would you talk about that here?   Surely this is against our religion, and at least against appropriate behavior for a forum.
If you don't know and are making stuff up, why are you making stuff up?

Surely turning against (or however Galut Jews call it) ur fellow Jew (no matter which situation the Jew is involved in) cause of a wipped Gentile who tells wimpish childish nerdy jokes about a simple technical issue (yup, "Earth language" is one tone me not likin) and writing a lecture thinking that ur something that has any sense of right doing so is ok in Judaism?

Offline HEBREWHONOR

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2009, 12:27:11 AM »
i think this is a bug in the forum , there are at least two members who's nicks got scrumbled with all those x% and y's .... hmmm dan ben noah , indeed i agree with ron ,it was out of line

but guys , relax a little

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2009, 12:29:45 AM »
בס''ד

רון בני, מה קורה לך? למה אתה מעליב את דן בן נח הי''ו שהוא חסיד אומות העולם? אני אומר לך מפורשות שלפי תורתנו זה אסור לעשות דבר כזה.

כל בן אדם נברא ב"צלם אלוקים". על אחת כמה וכמה כשמדובר בחסיד אומות העולם. חסידי אומות העולם הם קדושים מאוד, יש להם מקום בעולם הבא שזה עולם הנצח, והקב''ה מאוד אוהב אותם. גם אנו מצווים לאהוב אותם. ללא ספק דן בן נח הוא חסיד אומות העולם. הוא שומר את שבע מצוות בני נח, הוא תומך בעם ישראל וארץ ישראל בהתלהבות כהניסטית, והוא מאוד עוזר לעם ישראל. הלוואי שהיהודים היו כמוהו. אילו 10% מהיהודים היו כמו דן בן נח, המשיח היה בא מזמן לגאול את העולם.

אני אדבר איתך יותר במסר פרטי.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2009, 12:32:56 AM »
i think this is a bug in the forum , there are at least two members who's nicks got scrumbled with all those x% and y's .... hmmm dan ben noah , indeed i agree with ron ,it was out of line

but guys , relax a little

In my case it's a joke; I just thought Ron Ben Michael's symbol-name was too funny to resist aping (no pun intended, Reverend Sharpton).  :laugh:

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2009, 12:33:36 AM »
בס"ד

I didn't quite like his annoying comment, this was out of line.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2009, 12:34:03 AM »
בס''ד

רון בני, מה קורה לך? למה אתה מעליב את דן בן נח הי''ו שהוא חסיד אומות העולם? אני אומר לך מפורשות שלפי תורתנו זה אסור לעשות דבר כזה.

כל בן אדם נברא ב"צלם אלוקים". על אחת כמה וכמה כשמדובר בחסיד אומות העולם. חסידי אומות העולם הם קדושים מאוד, יש להם מקום בעולם הבא שזה עולם הנצח, והקב''ה מאוד אוהב אותם. גם אנו מצווים לאהוב אותם. ללא ספק דן בן נח הוא חסיד אומות העולם. הוא שומר את שבע מצוות בני נח, הוא תומך בעם ישראל וארץ ישראל בהתלהבות כהניסטית, והוא מאוד עוזר לעם ישראל. הלוואי שהיהודים היו כמוהו. אילו 10% מהיהודים היו כמו דן בן נח, המשיח היה בא מזמן לגאול את העולם.

אני אדבר איתך יותר במסר פרטי.

What'd you tell him, Chaim? (You can fill me in over PM.)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2009, 12:35:10 AM »
Why does the hebrew which he types come out so garble? Chaim and I am able to type in hebrew and it appears properly...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2009, 01:45:08 AM »
בס''ד

First, let me say that Dan Ben Noah is a saint. If he said something in a joking manner, it was certainly not meant to offend.

Ron Ben Michael is a very good Jew, but he misunderstood Dan's joke. Dan never intended to make fun of you, Ron. If you knew Dan, you would know what a magnificent human being he is. Ron, Dan has devoted a lot of his time to this movement so that young Israeli Jews like you could hear the truth. (Ron is 16 years old.)

Now there is some sort of bug that causes problems once in a while for those trying to type Hebrew on the English forum. Shlomo has tried to correct the problem, but it appears to be a bug in the software that we cannot correct. It's strange because Ron did type Hebrew on the English forum until a couple of days ago.

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2009, 02:02:12 AM »
!שלום ,חיים. בבקשה לנעול את הנושא

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2009, 03:28:46 AM »
I oppose it
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2009, 04:01:17 AM »
This is really not a good issue for our forum... We all know its forbidden and it really makes no difference if we agree or not.

I agree completely.

So do I. If G-d Himself opposes that, what else can be said? 
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2009, 07:39:55 AM »
I don't feel society has the authority to forbid this practice. But it has become a plague and the Jewish exile is fast becoming extinct because of intermarriage. I believe the estimate is that 60% of American Jews, and even more so in Europe, as much as 90% of Jews in some exile communities, are marrying out.

So with this reality I do think it is very improper for Jews to marry out of the faith. As for gentiles who do marry Jews and are willing to convert, I wish rabbis would make it a little easier for them to do so.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2009, 07:53:08 AM »
I don't think "for or against" makes a good debate. Noone here has yet presented a good FOR argument. If someone can, then I'm sure the argument would fill up an entire thread itself. Of course no FOR argument can outweigh hashem's commandments.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2009, 08:22:39 AM »
I think the main problem with intermarriage is, what should your religious service be in the home?

The religious service in the house is imo the central issue of a strong family.

If a Jew and a Christian would stand before this problem, they would come in great spiritual troubles. It would be for all their life a dividing force between them.

Imo it cannot work properly. In addition to that, their children will be confused totally. Then they will become bad people. In the worst case bolschewiks.

This is not the way to go if you have compassion.

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline NRAJ

• Full JTFer
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2009, 01:06:12 PM »
I don't think the question is that simple.In my case,my father was Jewish but he didn't practice and my mother is Catholic so I was raised Catholic.In my eyes,even though my fathers last name is Cohen,he wasn't Jewish because he didn't practice so it was okay.

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2009, 01:35:52 PM »
My cousin married a Jew and later converted, they've been married 14 years and are happy, he's a great guy. I agree you should be yoked.
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2009, 03:48:26 PM »
בס''ד

First, let me say that Dan Ben Noah is a saint. If he said something in a joking manner, it was certainly not meant to offend.

Ron Ben Michael is a very good Jew, but he misunderstood Dan's joke. Dan never intended to make fun of you, Ron. If you knew Dan, you would know what a magnificent human being he is. Ron, Dan has devoted a lot of his time to this movement so that young Israeli Jews like you could hear the truth. (Ron is 16 years old.)

Now there is some sort of bug that causes problems once in a while for those trying to type Hebrew on the English forum. Shlomo has tried to correct the problem, but it appears to be a bug in the software that we cannot correct. It's strange because Ron did type Hebrew on the English forum until a couple of days ago.

I think the problem is that the browser he is using is not entering the proper characters... Someone suggested that it has to do with UTF-8 character encoding {which I suspected} and as it turns out when I set my Firefox to force UTF-8 encoding his name shows in proper Hebrew characters.

I will try to change my name to my Hebrew name...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2009, 08:51:28 PM »
My cousin married a Jew and later converted, they've been married 14 years and are happy, he's a great guy. I agree you should be yoked.

In "Why be Jewish?" the Rav discusses the conservative and deformed's argument that even though we lose Jewish souls to assimilation we also gain converts. He discusses how the ones based on assimilation are not genuine ones and only last a generation or two if even that long, but when a Jew give's up the faith, he or she gives up something that can go all the way back to Abraham and Yitzchak. There is a difference between someone converting for personal reasons such as marriage and for the purpose of wanting to be Jewish.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?