Author Topic: Danon: Criminalize 'Peace Now'  (Read 1164 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Danon: Criminalize 'Peace Now'
« on: October 26, 2009, 02:16:43 PM »
by Maayana Miskin

(IsraelNN.com) MK Danny Danon (Likud) revealed Monday that he plans to criminalize the political activities of the Peace Now organization and others of its kind. In an interview with Arutz-7, Danon said he is working on legislation that would forbid all organizations funded by foreign governments from engaging in political activity inside Israel.

Peace Now is heavily funded by European governments, particularly those of Norway, Finland and Britain. Danon has previously called for Peace Now to be stripped of its non-profit status due to its failure to publicize its foreign funding.

Danon repeated his call to investigate Peace Now's funding on Monday in wake of a recent incident in which three Peace Now activists posed as students in an attempt to obtain material to use against nationalist Knesset members.

The incident raises an important question, he said: where does Peace Now get the financial resources to spend hundreds of hours on a fake movie that failed to yield results? “We need to figure out where the money for this film was coming from,” he said.

The activists interviewed Danon and MK Fania Kirshenbaum of Yisrael Beiteinu (Israeli Our Home), supposedly as part of a student project on democracy.

“They were asking bizarre questions, like how I would prefer to expel Arabs – by bus, or by train,” Danon recalled. “I realized who I was dealing with and told them to leave. I didn't make a big deal out of it.”

If Peace Now had asked to interview him, he would have agreed, Danon added. “But this just goes to show that they can't get into the Knesset in any other way. They don't have an MK, they don't have enough voter support to get elected, so they were left with this attempt to enter under fictitious pretenses.”

The three were caught after attempting to interview MK Michael Ben-Ari, who grew suspicious and reported them to Knesset security.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
Re: Danon: Criminalize 'Peace Now'
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 02:24:25 PM »
It would be great, what they are doing is a crime.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 02:32:29 PM »
I just read this and hope that the evil Peace Now group is prohibited from doing its wicked business in Israel. Why should enemies of the state be allowed to plot against the destruction of the Jewish state? For the same reasons the Hamas and Fatah groups should be stated enemies of Israel and should be abolished.

Only those who seek to live peacefully in the Jewish state should be allowed to do so. Enemies should be removed or destroyed.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 03:23:50 PM »
I think it is common sense what Danny Danon claims.

Every non-profit organization has to be transparent. Otherwise I can found a non-profit organization and become rich through it.

Who tells us, that PN members are not taking tax free money blacky into their own wallets. I have often heard of "non-profit-organizations" who did so. There are lots of scandals known in my country and PN members are known as immoral people and traitors. So I don't think their inhibition threshold to do such thing will be so high.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 03:27:43 PM »
I bet these Peace Now swines have something to do with the destruction of Jewish Hilltop Outposts.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 03:58:16 PM »
I am not certain that outlawing Peace Now is a good idea, at lease not until Kach is re-legalized.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 04:15:31 PM »
Of course they should be criminalized.  The only question is the punishment.  Should they be run over by a bus or by a train?

I think they should be pushed into the sea or thrown of the highest mountaintop.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 04:17:51 PM »
Of course they should be criminalized.  The only question is the punishment.  Should they be run over by a bus or by a train?
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 04:41:06 PM »
I am not certain that outlawing Peace Now is a good idea, at lease not until Kach is re-legalized.

Why do you think so? Do you think it will make them more popular?

The truth is that they are not a mass movement and I don't think they even seek publicity. They exist on Arab and European money, their only goal is to spy on Jewish activity in Judea and Samaria and inform enemy organizations about it. To do so they don't need to be mass movement. On the other hand, outlawing would certainly limit their spying capabilities.

The problem is they are supported by ruling leftist elite, so I don't see how one can outlaw them.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 05:25:04 PM »

Why do you think so? Do you think it will make them more popular?

The truth is that they are not a mass movement and I don't think they even seek publicity. They exist on Arab and European money, their only goal is to spy on Jewish activity in Judea and Samaria and inform enemy organizations about it. To do so they don't need to be mass movement. On the other hand, outlawing would certainly limit their spying capabilities.

The problem is they are supported by ruling leftist elite, so I don't see how one can outlaw them.
My reasoning lies in my suspicion that outlawing Peace Now will create a legal and a political argument against legalization of Kach. Ruling bolsheviks and court bolsheviks will be able to argue that banning Kach was as fair as was banning Peace Now left wing scum. See, today they don't have a precedent on the left that they could parade in countering a legal argument that the law was applied unfairly and unevenly to the true right wing movement - Kach.
At any rate, this whole thing is very theoretical and unrealistic - mark my words -  Peace Now scum will never be banned under the current ruling clans.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 05:37:59 PM »

My reasoning lies in my suspicion that outlawing Peace Now will create a legal and a political argument against legalization of Kach. Ruling bolsheviks and court bolsheviks will be able to argue that banning Kach was as fair as was banning Peace Now left wing scum. See, today they don't have a precedent on the left that they could parade in countering a legal argument that the law was applied unfairly and unevenly to the true right wing movement - Kach.
At any rate, this whole thing is very theoretical and unrealistic - mark my words -  Peace Now scum will never be banned under the current ruling clans.

This would be true if the ruling bolsheviks were neutral judges who can say we are banning both right and left. But because their ideology is identical to that of Peace Now and the power is theirs, they don't need any complicated legal arguments. They rudely impose their will and they don't give a damn if it looks fair.  Therefore Kach will go on being banned and Peace Now will be supported in all ways possible. The situation can only change when the bolsheviks are ousted from the Supreme Court.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 06:18:01 PM »
This would be true if the ruling bolsheviks were neutral judges who can say we are banning both right and left. But because their ideology is identical to that of Peace Now and the power is theirs, they don't need any complicated legal arguments. They rudely impose their will and they don't give a damn if it looks fair.  Therefore Kach will go on being banned and Peace Now will be supported in all ways possible. The situation can only change when the bolsheviks are ousted from the Supreme Court.
Agreed
Hayot Araviot Masrihot