Author Topic: Knesset Bans Peace Now Chairman Oppenheimer  (Read 692 times)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
Knesset Bans Peace Now Chairman Oppenheimer
« on: October 26, 2009, 06:18:27 AM »
B"H, Arab-loving provocateurs are out.

by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134051

(IsraelNN.com) The Knesset has banned Peace Now chairman Yariv Oppenheimer after he ordered three activists to pose as students while interviewing Knesset Members. The ban follows a demand by National Union Knesset Member Dr. Michael Ben-Ari, who complained to the Speaker of the legislature about the false identities.

Oppenheimer stood behind sending the three activists, posing as students, to interview MK Ben-Ari. The Peace Now chairman said the ban is "undemocratic."

"Oppenheimer not only does not deny sending them but also ran to the media to brag that he is behind the incident,” said Ben-Ari, which he described as very serious. He added, “ The three “students” managed to speak with several Knesset Members, using the same disguise, which is a criminal offense. The three activists said they wanted to film MK Ben-Ari as part of a supposed student project on democracy.

The “students” aroused the suspicion of the legislator, who noticed that one of them was wearing a “kippa” (skullcap) in an awkward way. During the interview, they showed other signs of being fakes, and one of the activists admitted that he was using a false name.

All three of them eventually confessed that their mission was under Oppenheimer’s orders and was to obtain material to be used against the Knesset Member.

Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Knesset Bans Peace Now Chairman Oppenheimer
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 06:20:34 AM »
Ha!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 08:03:26 AM »
When Yariv Oppenheimer gets a flu, will this be considered another case of swine flu?  :eat:
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 08:05:26 AM »
HE DOES RESEMBLE A SWINE 

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3795272,00.html   

Photo: Amit Magal
Elharar. Stands behind statements  Photo: Amit Magal

Photo: Dudi Vaaknin
   Sternhell. 'Should be sentenced to death' Photo: Dudi Vaaknin

Israeli radio persona: Ariel Sharon is an evil oppressor

Radio presenter interviewed by Peace Now activist pretending to be documentary film maker says former prime minister was 'oppressor' and 'cheat'

Yael Levy
Published:    10.25.09, 22:01 / Israel News

"Ariel Sahron is an oppressor…he deserves the gravest punishment under heaven." These statements were made by musician and radio presenter Dudu Elharar during an interview with a Peace Now activist who pretended to be a documentary filmmaker, as part of the movement's project of exploring the extreme right movement in Israel.

Elharar later told Ynet that he stands by what he said, adding "I was even kind and merciful."

During the interview, which was held in Elharar's home, the radioman said of former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, "I so wish he would suffer. (He's) just a scoundrel, a cheat and probably a thief."

He later went on to compare Sharon to Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler. "The first time I felt burning hate was for Arik Sharon. Hitler, I thought he was crazy, he's not normal – a thousand and one things you could say about him. (But) this is pure evil of the most revolting kind – malicious and whoring. Whoring in the sense that he cheats and cons people. Disgusting. He would never be forgiven."

Elhrarar later told Ynet that he was referring to Sharon's actions in Gush Katif, during the Gaza Pullout. "He acted violently and forcefully, went against his voters and evicted them along with their children and small babies."

Asked whether the harsh sentiments he expressed towards Sharon are also directed at his family members, Elharar replied a resolute "sure" and noted that all those who voted for Sharon will be punished. "The Arabs will get to them all," the musician said.

Elharar is currently working as a musical producer and has previously hosted a program on Army Radio. He became involved in a legal battle after an attempt to fire him.

'Beilin deserves death sentence'

He didn't restrict his harsh comments to Sharon alone: Referring to former Knesset Member Yossi Beilin (Meretz) and his Geneva initiative he said, "A court should sentence him to death. If I were a judge I would sentence him to death," he said.

Advertisement   

The radioman expressed similar views regarding a death sentence about Israel Prize Laureate Prof. Ze'ev Sternhell, who was injured by a pipe bomb detonated at his house, and left-wing journalist Gideon Levy.

Elharar told Ynet he stands by his statements and commented that from the very first moment he knew he was being interviewed by Peace Now activists.

Earlier on Sunday Peace Now activists visited the office of Knesset Member Michael Ben Ari (National Union) for similar purposes as part of their exploration of extreme right in Israel.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 08:32:16 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 02:41:44 PM »
These are the same people who created over 100 smear videos against me personally and against our movement in general.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 02:48:49 PM »
A small victory but any victory is important at this point.

Moshe92

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 04:04:31 PM »
 8) 8) 8)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 04:16:33 PM »
These are the same people who created over 100 smear videos against me personally and against our movement in general.

well, I TOLD them they would get judged, and they have., HA HA :laugh:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 12:11:52 AM »
He calls the ban "undemocratic" but I'm sure he has no problem with Rabbi Meir Kahane getting undemocratically banned from actually BEING IN the Knesset.  This ban doesn't really do enough, if they want to do something meaningful they should cut off all funding to Piss Now and press further charges.

Well said,   Dan.

This Oppenheimer character goes out of his way to help keep Chaim from being allowed into Israel.     Yet, Oppenheimer  complains about his ban being undemocratic!

The question I have for anyone is what is Oppenheimer banned from?     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 02:25:01 AM »
The question I have for anyone is what is Oppenheimer banned from?     

As far as I understand, he is barred from entering the Knesset (Israeli parliament).
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)