Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh calls President Obama's Dover salute a 'photo-op'  (Read 358 times)

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Rush Limbaugh calls President Obama's Dover salute a 'photo-op'
« on: November 01, 2009, 03:56:35 PM »
Rush Limbaugh calls President Obama's Dover salute a 'photo-op'

BY Kenneth R. Bazinet
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Originally Published:Sunday, November 1st 2009, 3:04 PM

WASHINGTON - Talk radio bomb thrower Rush Limbaugh ripped President Obama Sunday for his ego, health care reform effort - and a "photo-op" with the casket of a U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan.

"It was a photo-op precisely because he's having big-time trouble on this whole Afghanistan dithering situation," Limbaugh told "Fox News Sunday."

"He can create the impression that he has all this great concern," Limbaugh charged.

Obama said his overnight trip to view the returning flag-draped caskets of 18 Americans killed in Afghanistan at Dover Air Force Base Thursday will "bear on how I see" the war. He is expected to unveil a new strategy that could send up to 40,000 more troops into the warzone.

Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), who has clashed with Obama on domestic and homeland security issues, rushed to defend the President's action.

"I think he was there as commander-in-chief for all Americans. And I don't fault him or question his motives at all," Lieberman said on CBS' "Face the Nation." "I was proud that my President was there."

In his multi-pronged attack, Limbaugh also said the health care reform effort is a government power grab driven by a "very narcissistic" President who has "an out-of-this-world ego."

White House adviser David Axelrod scoffed to CBS: "I think it's a surreal day when you're getting lectures on humility from Rush Limbaugh. The fact is that he is an entertainer. The President has to run the country."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/11/01/2009-11-01_rush_limbaugh_calls_president_obamas_dover_salute_a_photoop.html#ixzz0VeEtPnMk

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Rush Limbaugh calls President Obama's Dover salute a 'photo-op'
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 03:57:51 PM »
Of course it was a photo-op.
Not only that he is disrespecting the dead soldier.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Rush Limbaugh calls President Obama's Dover salute a 'photo-op'
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 04:06:02 PM »
Of course it was a photo-op.
Not only that he is disrespecting the dead soldier.

Sad but, true.
Not only is disrespecting the "dead soldier" but, he is also disrespecting all of our brave men and women in uniform.