Author Topic: Leftist 'Jewish' guy larry David urinates on portrait of Jesus  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
Re: Leftist 'Jewish' guy larry David urinates on portrait of Jesus
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 07:33:56 AM »
But stil lJewish people can and many  are are offended.Why doesn't he mock mohamad he mocks Jews and Christians
Because he is a coward. He knows that Jews and Christians tolerate such things. Muslims don't. And this is the strength of the Muslims. They are defensive!

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 08:56:08 AM »
Jews arent offended by this b/c Jesus was just a historical figure to them, not G-d not even a prophet. It would be like someone peeing on any random [insert historical figure], they'd probably be just indifferent to that kinda act. If i was Jewish, id probably feel the same way--its their theological belief.

My beef is how the mass media in America openly bashes Christians but hardly touches other religions. Its a double standard and has become pretty much the norm.
It should offend the senses of all decent people.  Indifference allows Larry David to earn his millions.  It also allows the double standard, that troubles you, to be acceptable.
It seems to me that this indifference, has occured in history once or twice before.  ???
If people don't stand up for others, eventually there  will be no one left to stand up for them.  Doesn't the saying go something like that?

There are different levels of indifference. A Jew isnt obligated to feel offended over something like this--because they inherenty reject/dislike him from a religious perspective. This is different then, for example, if a Jew saw a fellow human being persecuted physically and not being offended. That would be wrong.

And what the media does, i wouldnt call indifference. I attribute it more to out of control liberalism.

EVERY JEW I know now, say FLAT OUT that Jesus was a JEW and a HEBREW and one of us, if you are an AMERICAN, this should offend you, that it does not, shows that you hate this nation too.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline HEBREWHONOR

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 11:30:31 AM »
ashedina - he was a jewish traitor(trying to make jews belive in another religion has its own catagory of "mesit" which worst then a regular traitor ) , if we are to be honest , why should this offend any jew?

i can understand why it would bother christians , but lets not get over exaggerated here .... in the name of that painting millions of jews were killed and tortured and mocked

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 11:41:48 AM »
ashedina - he was a jewish traitor(trying to make jews belive in another religion has its own catagory of "mesit" which worst then a regular traitor ) , if we are to be honest , why should this offend any jew?

i can understand why it would bother christians , but lets not get over exaggerated here .... in the name of that painting millions of jews were killed and tortured and mocked

I agree... He was certainly not a good Jew... But lets just leave it at that.. I would not have done something like this, it is in bad taste and why would one do something on purpose to offend others?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 11:53:56 AM »
I don't know why you have to personally believe in Jesus to consider it offensive. A rabbi is not a religious leader for me, and yet I would be very offended if an image of a rabbi were desecrated.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 11:58:59 AM »
I don't know why you have to personally believe in Jesus to consider it offensive. A rabbi is not a religious leader for me, and yet I would be very offended if an image of a rabbi were desecrated.

It is offensive to me only because it is something which would offend other, non-Jews... He is in no position to make Jews look bad because he doesn't represent Jewish ideas but still people know his heritage and what he is doing brings us derision.

But people are able to desecrate anything they want to. Once something is physical, like a flag or a statue, it can be burned and it can be broken. Burning a picture of a Rabbi is no big deal to me because it is only a picture...

And when the haters go so far as to burn Holy Books, such as Torah scrolls and siddurs.... It is a travesty and a nightmare and something which makes me very sad. But it is not the end of the world. In Jewish history many a Jewish Sefer has been burned by our enemies... At one time it was virtually impossible to find Jewish books because they all had been burned during the Dark ages... We can print new siddurs and scribes can write new Torah scrolls.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 12:15:11 PM »
Just because these items can be replaced does not mean that it isn't wrong to desecrate them, of course. I am sure that some of these precious ancient rabbinical manuscripts were one-offs, in the era before printing presses and computer disks, and are lost forever.

Probably about 90% of ancient Christian writs have also been lost--both to Roman Nazi persecution and the wholesale Islamic destruction of any documents from other religions, particularly the sacking of the ancient Christian library in Caesarea, Israel in 640. None of the New Testament was ever actually lost, praise G-d, but many apocryphal writings that, although not actually sacred, taught a lot about the life of the early church, certainly were.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 03:53:34 PM »
Jesus is not the point of this debate.  ::)  Why don't people get that?

Muman could care less if the religion of idolators is attacked.  He does that quite often himself.  He throws the stones and then hides his hand.

I agree 100% with bonesfan.  I don't have to be a Jew, to be hurt when their beliefs are mocked.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 05:03:58 PM »
Jesus is not the point of this debate.  ::)  Why don't people get that?

Muman could care less if the religion of idolators is attacked.  He does that quite often himself.  He throws the stones and then hides his hand.

I agree 100% with bonesfan.  I don't have to be a Jew, to be hurt when their beliefs are mocked.

How come you are attacking me? I did not bring up this topic, and others here have tried to explain that this kind of thing is not something that is against the Jewish beliefs. Pictures are pictures and don't have any special status. If you read what I have said you would read that I said that it is wrong to offend someone on purpose and I would not recommend doing this.

I am disappointed that you are making this a personal issue. I also take offense at your accusation that I am the one who throws stones. It seems quite the opposite as you are the one who is throwing stones. Please grow up and then you can talk with me...

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 08:46:29 PM by Chaim Ben Pesach »

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »
בס''ד

Here we go again with the same counterproductive arguing.

I'm locking the thread.