Author Topic: Have free coffee on me.............  (Read 1145 times)

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
Have free coffee on me.............
« on: November 10, 2009, 10:59:24 AM »

My cop was a "no show" for speeding ticket...........YEA!  :jump:
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline patches

• Senior JTFer
  • To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Re: Have free coffee on me.............
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 11:05:59 AM »
Darn that monkey!  >:(

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 11:19:40 AM »
The cop didn't show up to my court case last april its a good feeling. They are brutal here in NYC with any tickets

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 11:53:13 AM »
Ewww urine is gross

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 12:27:16 PM »
Ewww urine is gross

Now I know why that machine had a big discount!   :::D

( in life & death situation, urine has kept many people alive.)
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 07:47:31 PM »
Ewww urine is gross

A lot of Tibetan monks will disagree with you, but no worries. They're not muslim so they won't kill you for disagreeing with them.

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 08:57:59 PM »

[/quote]

A lot of Tibetan monks will disagree with you, but no worries. They're not muslim so they won't kill you for disagreeing with them.
[/quote]

inquiring minds want to know Tibetan monks do with urine?
Hasta La Vista Baby!

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 09:09:06 PM »

[/quote]

inquiring minds want to know Tibetan monks do with urine?
[/quote]

Drink it, use as bodylotion, use as part of medicine.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 10:44:06 PM »
Ewww urine is gross

Nasty.

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 06:18:42 PM »
Yuk!  :P
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 06:37:24 PM »
Did they use it {urine} in the incense mixture?

http://www.jewishmag.com/11mag/mystic/mystic.htm
http://ohr.edu/yhiy/article.php/1894
Whats in a Name?

Of the eleven spices which went into the production of the ketoret incense daily offered by the kohanim in the Beit Hamikdash the one called shechailet (Shemot 30:34) required special treatment to bring out its beauty and its strength. Referred to as tziporen (onycha) in our gemara because its smooth texture resembled that of a fingernail, this sweet spice had to be treated with a strong dose of bous karshina to remove its natural unsightly blackness. To bring out its fragrance it had to be soaked in a strong solution called kaprisin wine.

Jews, who introduce their daily morning and afternoon prayers with a recital of this gemara about the incense are familiar with what Rabbi Shimon said about another acidic solution which could have done even a better job. It was called mai raglayim which literally translates as urine. The reason it was not used is because it would be undignified to bring such an ingredient into the Sanctuary where the incense production was done.

One approach of the commentaries is that it is literally human urine which is here discussed. Another approach, however, is that there was a certain grass bearing the same name as that used for urine, and that being thus associated with something of an undignified nature ruled out its use in the sacred precincts of the Beit Hamikdash.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 06:43:25 PM »
As the article said, that's undignified. I don't believe the ancient Cohanim did anything vile or disgusting in worship of God. Worship of God was beautiful and lovely in all ways.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 06:51:09 PM »
As the article said, that's undignified. I don't believe the ancient Cohanim did anything vile or disgusting in worship of G-d. Worship of G-d was beautiful and lovely in all ways.

No but we recite this in our Shabbat morning Services that Urine could be used except for the fact it was undignified...

http://ohr.edu/yhiy/article.php/157
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 06:59:58 PM »
As the article said, that's undignified. I don't believe the ancient Cohanim did anything vile or disgusting in worship of G-d. Worship of G-d was beautiful and lovely in all ways.

No but we recite this in our Shabbat morning Services that Urine could be used except for the fact it was undignified...

That pretty much proves it wasn't used though. It seems like real Jewish faith has always taken a road of purity, that is, eating kosher, having various cleansing rituals, practicing niddah, etc. It has always been on a much higher level than pagan religions which did things like imbibe urine.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 07:11:05 PM »

That pretty much proves it wasn't used though. It seems like real Jewish faith has always taken a road of purity, that is, eating kosher, having various cleansing rituals, practicing niddah, etc. It has always been on a much higher level than pagan religions which did things like imbibe urine.

The issue we learn from this pasuk is that one of the ingredients in the incense must be a pungent smelling agent. Urine is a pungent smelling agent yet we cannot use it in the incense mixture. The 'magic' of the incense is that it is composed of many ingredients {one is foul smelling} and yet it smells very good.

XVI. Qetoret and Prayer

The answer lies in the intimate connection that exists between prayer and the Qetoret . First, King David equates the two: "May my prayer rise up as Qetoret before You, and when I lift my hands to You [may it be considered as if I had brought] a minchah offering of my whole being" (Psalms 141:2). Second, community prayer requires a minyan (quorum of ten adult men). This is also similar to the Qetoret that contains ten good smelling spices and one evil spice. Thus, by including the chelbenah along with the other ten spices, the Torah alludes to the fact that the prayers of a minyan cannot rise up "like Qetoret " until an eleventh man, a sinner, joins them. This is the meaning of the above quoted statement from the Talmud: "[If the communal prayers on] any fast do not include sinners of Israel, the fast is not considered a proper fast" (Keritot 6b).

G-d commanded that chelbenah be placed in the Qetoret even though it had a very strong pungent odor. This teaches that when the community comes together to make a fast or for any other reason, they must include sinners with them. They should not say, "Let us separate from the sinners so that they not cause us more harm than good. Let the stench of their evil deeds not ruin the perfume of what we are trying to do."

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 07:18:18 PM »
Thanks Muman that's really interesting. I think a lot of perfumes use ingredients that in large quantities smell bad, but in small quantities they add a nice scent to the cologne or perfume.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 07:25:17 PM »
 :)

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 08:48:20 AM »
Urine, as it comes out of the body is sterile. It is good to use on wounds and can be used to cleanse wounds out in the wild.
It is also used to alleviate the pain after being stung by a jellyfish.

If you eat healthy and drink enough water your urine will be cleaner than etc...