Author Topic: Haven't smoked since the Yankees won the World Series  (Read 622 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Haven't smoked since the Yankees won the World Series
« on: November 11, 2009, 07:46:33 PM »
I've been smoke-free for almost a week. The first day was pretty bad, but I toughed it out. I miss it, but I had opportunities to smoke and passed them up. I quite once for forty days and it was hard, and it was in yeshivah in Israel where evevryone smokes (the yeshiva and the country,lol) but I was dating someone at the time so I was ok. But now, I'm kind of lost without my precious cigarettes.... But I am strong and will probably not smoke again.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Haven't smoked since the Yankees won the World Series
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »
Quitting smoking is not that hard to do.
You just have to be strong and overcome the urges to light up.

I quit smoking too

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 07:53:29 PM »
Think of all the money you will be saving by not buying cigarettes. I wish all these stores didn't sell them, but considering that they are sold everywhere, at least the government shouldn't tax the hell out of them and at least if they should tax the hell out of them, Indian reservations should also be required to. What is the current price of a pack in New York? Is it over $10 yet?
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:01:55 PM »
Think of all the money you will be saving by not buying cigarettes. I wish all these stores didn't sell them, but considering that they are sold everywhere, at least the government shouldn't tax the hell out of them and at least if they should tax the hell out of them, Indian reservations should also be required to. What is the current price of a pack in New York? Is it over $10 yet?

Well I would buy duty free if I could. But money is the reason I am quitting. I could technically just bum smokes, but I'm staying strong.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:03:58 PM »
The State of New York is going broke and they are starting to look at the Indian Reservations and their cigarette sales. The are trying to crack down on the Blackfoot Indian tribe out here on Long Island. The State is looking to tax all sales that leave the reservation. I think the price of cigs. is around 8 bucks per pack.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 08:13:23 PM »

Well I would buy duty free if I could. But money is the reason I am quitting. I could technically just bum smokes, but I'm staying strong.

I used to buy a cartons for 11.95

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 08:43:31 PM »
Stay strong Mo2388!