Author Topic: Alexander Wiens, killer of pregnant Egyptian woman, Marwa al-Sherbini, gets life  (Read 1468 times)

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Alexander Wiens, killer of pregnant Egyptian woman, Marwa al-Sherbini, gets life sentence

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2009/11/11/2009-11-11_pregnant_egyptian_womans_court_killer_alexander_wiens_gets_life_sentence.html#ixzz0WftcRWBm

A Russian-born German man was found guilty Wednesday of murder and sentenced to life in prison for fatally stabbing a pregnant Egyptian woman in court, an attack that triggered outrage in the Muslim world.

The Dresden state court said in its ruling that because of the particularly brutal nature of the crime defendant Alexander Wiens, 28, would not be eligible for early release.

During the trial, Wiens admitted stabbing Marwa al-Sherbini to death at a July 1 court hearing in Dresden. Wiens had argued, however, that his actions were not premeditated and that he had no xenophobic motivation. His attorneys had sought a lesser manslaughter conviction and said they would appeal the verdict.

Maria Boehmer, the German government official responsible for immigrant affairs, said the verdict was "an important signal for the people of Egypt and other parts of the Arab world."

"The message is: There is no place for xenophobia in our country," she said.

During a trip to London, German Foreign Minister and Vice Chancellor Guido Westerwelle said he welcomed the conviction.

"It makes it very clear that violence, that racial intolerance and hatred, have no place in Germany," he told reporters at the Foreign Ministry.

Al-Sherbini, a 31-year-old pharmacist, was stabbed at least 16 times by Wiens in the Dresden courtroom where she was to testify against him. She had filed a complaint against him in 2008, accusing him of insulting her with racial slurs, calling her a "terrorist" and "Islamist" during an altercation.

Many German courts, including the one where the killing took place, have no security checks at their entrance. Prosecutors said the defendant used a kitchen knife with a 7-inch (18-centimeter) blade that he had brought into the courtroom in a backpack.

Her husband, a scientist conducting research in Dresden, was stabbed and suffered serious injuries when he intervened to protect her. The couple's 3-year-old son was in the courtroom and witnessed the attack.

About 1,500 demonstrators outside the courtroom ahead of the verdict carried signs with slogans like "stop the Islam hate in Germany" and "the death of Marwa is the result of Islam hunting."

In addition to murder, Wiens was convicted of attempted murder for his attack on al-Sherbini's husband, Elwy Okaz.

Presiding Judge Birgit Wiegand said the court was not influenced by the intense international interest in the case.

"We did not pronounce the verdict for the Muslims or any other group, we pronounced the verdict according to German justice — like we would against any other defendant," she said.

"He murdered Marwa al-Sherbini before the eyes of her child," Wiegand said.

Though Wiens' sentence was the harshest possible under the German system — most condemned to life in prison are eligible for release after 15 years — people in the victim's hometown of Alexandria, Egypt, said it was not enough.

"She died, but he's still alive," said neighbor Badr Shorbagy, 57.

Egyptian Ambassador Ramzy Ezzeldin Ramzy told reporters outside the courtroom, however, that he thought "justice has been honored."

"Getting the maximum possible sentence, I think that itself says a lot," he said.

In his closing arguments on Monday, prosecutor Frank Heinrich said there was no doubt of Wiens' reasons.

"It's clear that his motive was hatred for Muslims," Heinrich told the panel of judges. "Like a maniacal, cold-blooded killer, he started stabbing the woman and her husband, who was trying to protect her."

When given an opportunity to respond in court Tuesday, Wiens declined to comment.

"I don't want to say anything," he told the court.

Wiens, a German citizen, was born in the Russian city of Perm and has lived in Germany since late 2003.

Egyptians expressed outrage at the attack and an initially low-key German response, which many viewed as a sign of racism and anti-Muslim sentiment.

The week after the killing, German Chancellor Angela Merkel expressed her condolences to Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak but did not comment publicly.

Also by Joseph Freeman in Alexandria, Egypt, David Rising in Berlin and David Stringer in London

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
"terrorist, islamist = racial slurs"

Er... parp toot?

Muslims have no place in Germany either.

And sure, let's not talk about the Tsunami of honorkillings sweeping Europe.  Jihad for the sake of 'diversity'...

'Hate for muslims'. How could that be?

"low-key german response = muslimhate"
There never is any response from muslims. What, muslims HATE non-muslims? Or do they just 'love' their fellow muslims too much?

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Muslims murder everyday. So I have enough of this Marwa-quranimal. I have no pitty, I have enough!
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Wiens is a Mennonite surname. Mennonites, a distinctive, pacifistic Christian sect that has evolved to become a full-fledged ethnic group with its own language and culture (somewhat related to the Boers of South Africa), have been subjected to murderous violence throughout their history from many areas--from other Christians (i.e. Catholics, Lutherans, and Calvinists), from the imperial German government (because they would not serve in the military), from Stalin and other Soviet tyrants, and I'm sure at some point from Muslims. The reason why Mennonites, who originally were from Germany, have long roots in Russia is because Catherine the Great offered them (and Jews) sanctuary in the 1700s. They settled in southern Russia, mostly in what is modern-day Kazakhstan. Today, many of them have moved back to Germany, or to Canada and the United States.

I have known several ethnic Mennonites in my life, including several members of the Wiens clan. They are very good people and many of them are patriotic, right-wing evangelicals. In light of all of the above, I am very, very, very, very reticent to condemn Alexander here.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Oh, one last thing, yimach schma vezichra to Marwa al-Sherbini. Good that she's burning in hell now.  :dance:

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
2 less muslims.  :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Now poor Mr,Wiens  must do time in Prison
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
indeed.

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
Oh, one last thing, yimach schma vezichra to Marwa al-Sherbini. Good that she's burning in hell now.  :dance:

Yeah that evil pregnant woman..she was a real threat to society ::)

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel

Yeah that evil pregnant woman..she was a real threat to society ::)
She was bringing future Osama Bin Ladens & Yassar Arafats into the world. Of course she was a threat.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
Wiens is a Mennonite surname. Mennonites, a distinctive, pacifistic Christian sect that has evolved to become a full-fledged ethnic group with its own language and culture (somewhat related to the Boers of South Africa), have been subjected to murderous violence throughout their history from many areas--from other Christians (i.e. Catholics, Lutherans, and Calvinists), from the imperial German government (because they would not serve in the military), from Stalin and other Soviet tyrants, and I'm sure at some point from Muslims. The reason why Mennonites, who originally were from Germany, have long roots in Russia is because Catherine the Great offered them (and Jews) sanctuary in the 1700s. They settled in southern Russia, mostly in what is modern-day Kazakhstan. Today, many of them have moved back to Germany, or to Canada and the United States.

I have known several ethnic Mennonites in my life, including several members of the Wiens clan. They are very good people and many of them are patriotic, right-wing evangelicals. In light of all of the above, I am very, very, very, very reticent to condemn Alexander here.

that's absurd.  The boers are just dutch that still live in south africa.  Mennonites are just a religious sect.  Saying they are an "ethnic group" is like saying the Amish are an "ethnic group."  And its good that you're very reticent to condemn Alexander here.  I'm sure you can justify him stabbing her and her unborn child to death in front of a rather large group of people.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I think what the guy did was wrong. However Muslims have no place in any civilized country.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member

that's absurd.  The boers are just dutch that still live in south africa.  Mennonites are just a religious sect.  Saying they are an "ethnic group" is like saying the Amish are an "ethnic group."  And its good that you're very reticent to condemn Alexander here.  I'm sure you can justify him stabbing her and her unborn child to death in front of a rather large group of people.

t_h_j, Amish are Mennonites. Menno Simmons lived near the place where I live. So I am very familiar with this issue. An Amish marries an Amish usually. So they have certain caracteristics of an ethnic group, perhaps similar to the Jews, althrough they are not totally.

Concerning the Marwa-quranimal the "Hijab shaheed", EVERY MUSLIM DESERVES EVERYTHING WHAT HE GETS. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO COMMITT A CRIME AGAINST HIM/HER. Althrough I don't advocate slaying quranimals in our homelands, because we see now the outcome: The poor Russian guy is now lifelong in prison.

I have enough of this evil wicked quranimals. The quicker they will be gone the better for all of us, inclusive you.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer

t_h_j, Amish are Mennonites. Menno Simmons lived near the place where I live. So I am very familiar with this issue. An Amish marries an Amish usually. So they have certain caracteristics of an ethnic group, perhaps similar to the Jews, althrough they are not totally.

Concerning the Marwa-quranimal the "Hijab shaheed", EVERY MUSLIM DESERVES EVERYTHING WHAT HE GETS. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO COMMITT A CRIME AGAINST HIM/HER. Althrough I don't advocate slaying quranimals in our homelands, because we see now the outcome: The poor Russian guy is now lifelong in prison.

I have enough of this evil wicked quranimals. The quicker they will be gone the better for all of us, inclusive you.

why aren't you out doing what weins did then?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist

Thanks for showing your ignorance (yet again). Do you know what Plattdeutsch is? It is a dialect of low German common to the 15/1600s, that has died out except amongst Mennonite communities who have preserved it through their separate, distinctive lifestyle. It is similar to Afrikaans and, to a certain extent, present-day Dutch.

Also, the Boers aren't "Dutch" at all, yes the majority of their language is based on a defunct dialect of Dutch, but they are a nation composed of immigrants from all over Europe--French, Germans, even some Irish if not mistaken--so get your facts straight genius.

How many Mennonites or Afrikaners have you ever met?

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member

Read my statement again.  ::)

I don't advocate killing Muzzies. But I also don't mourn about their death. Do you want to feel me pitty for this animals? NEVER!

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer

I don't advocate killing Muzzies. But I also don't mourn about their death. Do you want to feel me pitty for this animals? NEVER!

you can feel what you like.  I just find it interesting that cold blooded murder is welcomed by some, as long as the right people are murdered.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
The ignoramus troll, who probably is a Muzzie himself, isn't going to listen to you, Pheasant.

No, I don't advocate that anybody kill Muslims--the Bible tells us to be subject to the laws of the land and live at peace with one another--what I said was just that--I am extremely reluctant to condemn Mr. Wiens. We don't know all of the facts and certainly the German Nazi news media and "justice" system aren't going to give them all to us. From the facts that we do know, this woman was pressing charges against him in the "democratic" nation of Germany for the grand felony of (allegedly) calling her names in conjunction with some sort of a quarrel they were having. German Muslims can call for the death of pastors and missionaries and taking over all of Germany, but nobody is ever allowed to insult a Muslim. That's free speech and fairness for you in dhimmi Europe.

What seems most likely is that Alexander snapped and went psycho. I'm not going to condemn a person to life without parole for that given the circumstances. We have no evidence that he was a repeat offender or was not a model citizen prior to this act. Based on this, and what I personally know of Mennonites in California (including some members of the Wiens extended family), I have absolutely no reason to feel that they are a murderous and dangerous people. If a Muslim shahid had killed a dozen Germans in cold blood, he'd be eligible for parole in fifteen years. But how dare anybody raise their hand to an Islamonazi invader!

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member

you can feel what you like.  I just find it interesting that cold blooded murder is welcomed by some, as long as the right people are murdered.

t_h_j, you haven't got the point. You can't murder a Muslim, the same way you can't murder a Nazi. It is imo impossible.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
The ignoramus troll, who probably is a Muzzie himself, isn't going to listen to you, Pheasant.

No, I don't advocate that anybody kill Muslims--the Bible tells us to be subject to the laws of the land and live at peace with one another--what I said was just that--I am extremely reluctant to condemn Mr. Wiens. We don't know all of the facts and certainly the German Nazi news media and "justice" system aren't going to give them all to us. From the facts that we do know, this woman was pressing charges against him in the "democratic" nation of Germany for the grand felony of (allegedly) calling her names in conjunction with some sort of a quarrel they were having. German Muslims can call for the death of pastors and missionaries and taking over all of Germany, but nobody is ever allowed to insult a Muslim. That's free speech and fairness for you in dhimmi Europe.

What seems most likely is that Alexander snapped and went psycho. I'm not going to condemn a person to life without parole for that given the circumstances. We have no evidence that he was a repeat offender or was not a model citizen prior to this act. Based on this, and what I personally know of Mennonites in California (including some members of the Wiens extended family), I have absolutely no reason to feel that they are a murderous and dangerous people. If a Muslim shahid had killed a dozen Germans in cold blood, he'd be eligible for parole in fifteen years. But how dare anybody raise their hand to an Islamonazi invader!

Yes, there is obviously a double standart.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer

Thanks for showing your ignorance (yet again). Do you know what Plattdeutsch is? It is a dialect of low German common to the 15/1600s, that has died out except amongst Mennonite communities who have preserved it through their separate, distinctive lifestyle. It is similar to Afrikaans and, to a certain extent, present-day Dutch.

Also, the Boers aren't "Dutch" at all, yes the majority of their language is based on a defunct dialect of Dutch, but they are a nation composed of immigrants from all over Europe--French, Germans, even some Irish if not mistaken--so get your facts straight genius.

How many Mennonites or Afrikaners have you ever met?

lol, ok.  So speaking a dialect of a language=new ethnic group.  You should be writing a book on anthropology since you've just made a breakthrough on your own.