Author Topic: Why should a Jew visit Rome?  (Read 461 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Why should a Jew visit Rome?
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:44:45 PM »
I was talking with my mother who likes to take crusies and go on adventurous journeys.  She is planning on going to Rome, Italy soon {for the second time}.... Last night I did some cruising of my own, on Googleearth and discovered some interesting facts.

I noticed that Mount Vesuvius erupted in the year 79CE about 9 years after the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem. I was thinking that this may have been divine retribution for the destruction which the Romans perpetrated. I also remembered that the arch of Titus has a fresco of the spoils of war which was taken from Jerusalem, including the holy Menorah.

I have an entirely negative view of the Romans and the Roman empire. They were cruel, ruthless, and murderous barbarians.

Here is an article I found which discusses these topics:

http://www.revach.net/article.php?id=580

Part 13: Celebration, Roman Style

The Romans were eager to celebrate their victory over Israel in the only way they knew how- with ruthless cruelty and violence.  Titus first traveled to the Middle Eastern cities, where thousands of Jewish captives were tortured and murdered, all in the name of celebration.  In the year 71 C.E., Titus sailed to Rome.  The emperor Vespaisan, Titus' father, came out to greet him, accompanied by the Roman masses.

The young and handsome captives were forced to march down the streets of Rome, while carrying the golden keilim of the Bais Hamikdash.  Titus ordered a huge arch to be constructed which depicted his victory over Israel.  The Arch of Titus, which can still be seen today, has images of the Jewish captives in chains, carrying the Menorah.  The celebration culminated at the temple where the Romans paid homage to their idol.

The Romans also minted a special coin in honor of their victory.  One side of the coin showed an image of Emperor Vespasian's head, and the other side showed a woman in chains crying under a palm tree, guarded by a Roman soldier.  "Judea Capta" (Judea is captured) was inscribed on the coin.

The Keilim of the Bais Hamikdash were placed in the Temple of Jupiter in Rome until 455 C.E.  In that year, the Vandals conquered the city, looted all of its riches, and hauled them to their capital, Carthage, North Africa.  The location of the keilim today is unknown.

The Roman emperor, Vespasian, died nine years after Yerushalayim was conquered, in 79 C.E.  His son, Titus, succeeded him.  Titus ruled Rome for only two-and-half years.  In that short amount of time, Rome was plagued with three tragedies, the eruption of Mount Vesuvius, a widespread fire in Rome, and an outbreak of the bubonic plague. Titus utilized the Roman treasuries to rehabilitate the nation after these tragedies.

Some said that Titus was repentant over the destruction of Yerushalayim and the Bais Hamikdash.  While Titus was the Emperor, Rabban Gamliel, who had become the leader of the Jews after the death of Rabbi Yochanan ben Zakkai, traveled together with Rabbi Eliezer and Rabbi Yehoshua to Rome.  They pleaded with him to alleviate the abuse of the Roman governors in Judea.

In Rome, the Sages saw the exiled Jewish children playing in the streets. The children were playing with piles of dirt, pretending they were piles of grain.  "This much must be set aside for the terumah tithe, and this much must be set aside for the maser tithe," (Yerushalmi Sanhedrin 7:13).     
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
Re: Why should a Jew visit Rome?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »
The Romans and Catholic papacy were perhaps the most barbaric people in the history of the earth, add the Spanish Jesuits to the equation and you do have the most barbaric empire that ever existed, worse than even the Musilms, but not that much worse.  Jews were burned at the stake for merely refusing to convert to Catholicism.  Mass numbers of JEws were executed and tortured.  Even there are many Catholics in Spain and Italy today who are actually Jewish, but don't even know their roots because they were forced to forget out of fear.  Many JEws today are discovering their true roots.

However, I think there are many Great Italians and Catholic people who don't follow the bureaucracy of Rome and the Caesar empire is older than the sand in Italia.  It is history now.  However, Rome would be an amazing place to visit just to relive history.  I am wanting to go travel all around Italia, so I hope I can find a travel partner soon.  The Italians are very nice people and many supprt Israel more than any other Western European country, except for Holland or Czechoslovakia, perhaps.   My mother visited a synagogue in Italia about 50 years ago, the synagogues there are quite a bit older and more historical than what we have in the USA>
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 06:53:26 PM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 07:00:14 PM »
Titus also had sex on top of a torah inside the kodesh kodshim.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 07:02:50 PM »
Caesar had gay pedophile butt sex with his many young lovers.  He was a polygamist, he had a few women for breeding and lots of young boys to please his filthy sex organs.   Caesar is hated by both Jews and Christians. 666 in the bible refers to Caesar.  And Jews know that Caesar was a bloodthirsty barbarian who had no morals or care for anything but his own power.  Caesar is the ancient form of King Fasad or Khamenei.   
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.