Author Topic: Direction for learning Jewish laws and life?  (Read 10548 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Direction for learning Jewish laws and life?
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 11:12:33 AM »
what so bad in israeli schools? i think we are the only country in the world were bible is a requirement for a matriculum.

Yes, the problem is they don't have a proper understanding of the "Bible" and they don't teach a proper or sufficient understanding of it.   So they teach it, but they teach it incorrectly.   Hardly a positive thing.

And while Israel may be the only State-mandated public school system that requires it, surely religious day schools and yeshivas throughout the world require it for graduation, and yet unlike Israeli public schools, in the Jewish schools they hire rabbis and orthodox educators to teach the Torah properly, whether the students follow it or not.  So I fail to see how this meaningless statistic you give us is relevant to the subject at hand.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 11:25:23 AM »
what so bad in israeli schools? i think we are the only country in the world were bible is a requirement for a matriculum.

Yes, the problem is they don't have a proper understanding of the "Bible" and they don't teach a proper or sufficient understanding of it.   So they teach it, but they teach it incorrectly.   Hardly a positive thing.

And while Israel may be the only State-mandated public school system that requires it, surely religious day schools and yeshivas throughout the world require it for graduation, and yet unlike Israeli public schools, in the Jewish schools they hire rabbis and orthodox educators to teach the Torah properly, whether the students follow it or not.  So I fail to see how this meaningless statistic you give us is relevant to the subject at hand.
actually most of the bible teacher in israel are orthodox.
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 02:33:23 PM »

People I know are taught by guys with bald heads and women who are not religious and they teach torah to mixed classes with girls wearing next to nothing but on top of it all they teach it incorrectly.  Maybe you have an incorrect definition of orthodox, too.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 02:46:07 PM »

People I know are taught by guys with bald heads and women who are not religious and they teach torah to mixed classes with girls wearing next to nothing but on top of it all they teach it incorrectly.  Maybe you have an incorrect definition of orthodox, too.
ammmmmm no.he isn't haredi but heis extremely religious.maybe even more than chaim and ron.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 02:48:38 PM »
What do you mean 'extremely religious'?

A Jew either does mitzvahs, observes Halacha, or he or she doesn't. A Jew must have actions to back up his beliefs...

I agree that most secular religious studies teachers will not teach the subject correctly. Only a Rabbi who has studied at a Yeshiva and obtained an Orthodox Smicha can be considered authentic Jewish faith.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 02:50:16 PM »

A Jew either does mitzvahs, observes Halacha, or he or she doesn't. A Jew must have actions to back up his beliefs...

I agree that most secular religious studies teachers will not teach the subject correctly. Only a Rabbi who has studied at a Yeshiva and obtained an Orthodox Smicha can be considered authentic Jewish faith.

in extremely religious i mean one with kipa and education in jewish topics.and one that goes for the rabbi for every little question.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »

in extremely religious i mean one with kipa and education in jewish topics.and one that goes for the rabbi for every little question.

Ben,

I have softened to you over the last couple of weeks... But I wonder, if you had such a teacher, why did you not learn anything from him? I know you have learned a lot since you have joined JTF and I hope you have the desire to learn more about Judaism... I don't know if your Bible teacher did a good job if you suggested here before that King David was a murderer and a rapist, amongst other lashon hara you spoke against him... You have also exhibited a lot of misunderstanding about Jewish writings.

I know that you are working on it so I will not be judgemental...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 02:55:24 PM »

Ben,

I have softened to you over the last couple of weeks... But I wonder, if you had such a teacher, why did you not learn anything from him? I know you have learned a lot since you have joined JTF and I hope you have the desire to learn more about Judaism... I don't know if your Bible teacher did a good job if you suggested here before that King David was a murderer and a rapist, amongst other lashon hara you spoke against him... You have also exhibited a lot of misunderstanding about Jewish writings.

i only repeated what was i told in the education system.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 02:56:07 PM »

Ben,

Which is KWRBTs point... What you were taught is not Jewish...

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 02:57:19 PM »

Ben,

Which is KWRBTs point... What you were taught is not Jewish...

okay.i think that kwrbt's point was a little different but let's stick on that.