Author Topic: Should Converts only date Converts?  (Read 23659 times)

Yochanan Zev

Should Converts only date Converts?
« on: April 23, 2007, 02:16:37 PM »
There is no bigger oddball on the face of this planet than a black convert to the Jewish nation.  Quite frankly, I'm starting to get up there in age and am becoming a bit weary of holding out for the Jewish woman of my dreams.  What difference does it make if a black convert dates a gentile woman, or even marries one?  I'll never be accepted completely as a Jew anyway, so what difference does it make who I choose to be with?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Should Converts only date Converts?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 03:48:18 PM »
That you feel like all Jewish men trying to find a Jewish woman :D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 04:53:11 PM »
There is no bigger oddball on the face of this planet than a black convert to the Jewish nation.  Quite frankly, I'm starting to get up there in age and am becoming a bit weary of holding out for the Jewish woman of my dreams.  What difference does it make if a black convert dates a gentile woman, or even marries one?  I'll never be accepted completely as a Jew anyway, so what difference does it make who I choose to be with?

I believe that I am a fleshly reincarnation of the prophet Balaam because I feel like telling you to go out and bang as many white girls as you can.  But unlike Balaam I don't feel that I am trying to rob you of your destiny by counselling you to commit fornication before Moses' and Aaron's tabernacle.  I just think that if white women love you, and you can make them happy, you by rights should go and do it.  Bang them until they squeak.  White women love it.  G-d made them for the black man.  Therefore take that which is yours.  G-d gave me nothing and He despises me and has forsaken me except for this one thing: I know the Supreme Truth about white women.  I thank G-d for my one and only gift on this Earth.
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:01:17 PM »
Technically converts to Judaism are just as Jewish as people who were born as Jews. 

I don't see the point of going through all the trouble of converting to Judaism only to marry a non-Jewish woman.  So don't give up hope.  If you look hard enough you will find a nice woman.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 07:34:43 PM »
He's Jewish already
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 04:38:09 AM »
Converts should date converts since they are very similar to one another.  I would not date a convert since I wouldn't get along with them since they had different experiences than I did.  However, sometimes different people click.  I know of a convert who married a non convert and they are still married happily.  Anyways, I understand your problem since it is difficult for converts to get married since most religious people wouldn't date them, especially a black convert.  You need to find a nice black convert girl to marry.  I hear that in Israel there is the highest population of black Jews so if you can't find one here then try there.  Why wouldn't you be accepted as a Jew?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:42:59 AM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Yochanan Zev

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 10:40:07 AM »
See, that's the thing.  You can be so different in ways that sets you apart from everyone, irrespective of the most obvious differences.  It's all of those differences combined and rolled up into one person.

Just because a woman may be a black convert, by no means does it account for compatibility.   And yeah mord, I really see where you're coming from.  I'm curious to know where people here view their commitment to a possiblity of having a jewish family in the future against their own need to be gratified in the present.  Makes me wonder how much of my committment to attending shul on Shabbat is due more in part not wanting to spend the time alone.  to How long are we supposed to wait?  35? 40? 45?

I'm not second guessing my decision at all.  I made my bed, so I'll lie in it.   Just makes you wonder.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 10:47:40 AM »
You really have to keep your horizions open, It can be a white Jew, Black Jew, Jew from yemen or Russia.What i find what all these Jewish girls have in common is that they all think they deserve billionaires

Shot at 2010-01-03

Yochanan Zev

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 11:31:20 AM »
That's the case with a lot of women though.  Both Jews and non-Jews.

I make less than six figures, and also have had a very blue collar upbringing.  I really don't get it either...  I think it's the way many of their fathers spoil them.  It's amazing that at this age, so many single women think you pull a bankroll out of your asse at the drop of a dime to address whatever emotion-driven circumstance that's ailing them at the moment.  " C'mon.. why can't you go to India with me for a month?  Just quit your job and get another one when you come back".  " I promised 'so-and-so' we would attend their fundraiser.. it's only $300 per couple.  I'll feel so embarrased if we don't go.  'So-and-so' is going to be there with fiance.'

And don't forget big daddy.  Daddy always comes through with the $$$.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 12:38:21 PM »
LOL it that true i don'nt know if anyone on this forum makes a six figure salary.They [THE FEMALES] WANT ONLY THE BEST ???

Shot at 2010-01-03

ftf

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 04:56:15 PM »
Anything less than the best is unacceptable.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 04:33:11 PM »
Anything less than the best is unacceptable.

???  What is the meaning of this curious statement?
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

ftf

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 01:48:35 PM »
"Anything less than the best is unacceptable." is my motto, if I do not achieve the best possible in any given event I am disappointed with myself.
They [THE FEMALES] WANT ONLY THE BEST
Made me think of it.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 02:01:14 PM »
"Anything less than the best is unacceptable." is my motto, if I do not achieve the best possible in any given event I am disappointed with myself.

What's this got to do with dating?  Are you suggesting for example that superior women shouldn't date inferior men?  I've noticed that well-to-do English/Anglo females won't date Scotsmen.  Maybe they consider the dark-haired races to be beneath them.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 02:04:59 PM »
I KNOW PEOPLE IN THE U.S. THAT HAVE GRAND PARENTS FROM SCOTLAND WHO HAVE LIGHT HAIR AND SKIN

Shot at 2010-01-03

ftf

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 02:43:33 PM »

What's this got to do with dating?  Are you suggesting for example that superior women shouldn't date inferior men?  I've noticed that well-to-do English/Anglo females won't date Scotsmen.  Maybe they consider the dark-haired races to be beneath them.
I was trying to make a joke, the attempt has obviously completely failed...

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 05:06:19 PM »
Wrath, I am sorry you have had such trouble finding a wife, I dont think converts should only date converts. Have you considered coming to Israel there are far more converts here who and Jews in Israel dont care if you are a convert, most of them anyway.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 07:32:43 PM »
Converts should not be treated any different in any way than other Jews. This is in Torah.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 11:47:16 AM »
True they should'nt even be reminded of it.

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 08:02:11 AM »
True they should'nt even be reminded of it.

Shouldn't there be an exception if the person refuses to give up celebrating Christmas, for example?  When that happens, why shouldn't we remind the person about it? 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 10:39:32 AM »
Well i know a few converts and they don'nt celebrate Christmas,theconverts i know are orthodox.One girl i know goes to her father on Christmas he's rich she does'nt sleep or eat by his house she only gos to get a big present a few thousand dollars

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 12:12:43 PM »
Shouldn't there be an exception if the person refuses to give up celebrating Christmas, for example?  When that happens, why shouldn't we remind the person about it?[/quote]

Stuff like this would apply to any Jew... not just converts.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

ftf

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 02:57:32 PM »
What happened to Yochanan Zev?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 02:58:56 PM »
He left because he felt the site was too racist

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 04:23:37 PM »
Well i know a few converts and they don'nt celebrate Christmas,theconverts i know are orthodox.One girl i know goes to her father on Christmas he's rich she does'nt sleep or eat by his house she only gos to get a big present a few thousand dollars

:)   What a proud father he must be.