Author Topic: Flood in Saudi arabia during haj kills pilgrims  (Read 2275 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Flood in Saudi arabia during haj kills pilgrims
« on: November 26, 2009, 09:04:06 AM »
 ;D ;D        

MOUNT ARAFAT, Saudi Arabia – Muslim pilgrims holding white umbrellas against the blazing sun clambered up a rocky desert hill for prayers Thursday during the annual hajj, following a day of torrential rains that killed at least 77 people.

Flooding from the unusually heavy downpours hit hardest in the Red Sea coastal city of Jiddah, about 40 miles (60 kilometers) away from the holy city of Mecca and its surrounding sacred sites where the 3 million Muslims from around the world were performing the rites of the pilgrimage.

Most of the deaths occured in Jiddah, where streets were swamped with water, some houses collapsed and mudslides took place, and in areas around the main highway to Mecca, Civil Defense officials said.

It did not immediately appear that any pilgrims were among the dead. Jiddah's civil defense chief Capt. Abdullah al-Amri said 21 of the victims were identified as Saudis and the rest were believed to be residents of Saudi Arabia.

Wednesday's downpours snarled the opening day of the hajj, drenching pilgrims and knocking out roads that caused epic traffic jams as the faithful tried to make their way to the holy sites. The rains, if they continue as meteorologists predict, could raise safety hazards — particularly the perennial danger of deadly stampedes, since a trip-up on slippery walkways could lead to people getting trampled in crowds.

But skies cleared for most of Thursday, and the heat rose. The umbrellas that protected pilgrims from the rain now were shades from the hot sun as they conducted their rituals in the desert plateau of Mount Arafat, about 12 miles (20 kilometers) east of Mecca.

The site is where Islam's Prophet Muhammad delivered his farewell sermon. The faithful climbed up the Mountain of Mercy, a rocky hill at Arafat, and prayed for G-d's forgiveness of their sins in what Muslims consider the spiritual high point of the pilgrimage.

Afterward, they prepared to head for the nearby plains of Muzdalifah, where they will pick stones for the next step in the hajj: Starting Friday, they will pelt stones at three walls representing the devil in a symbolic rejection of temptation. The stoning takes place for three days in the mountain valley of Mina, until the end of hajj on Sunday.

Saudi Arabia's biggest worry for months ahead of the hajj has been swine flu. The pilgrimage is one of the most crowded in the world, with the masses of Muslims from every corner of the globe packed shoulder to shoulder in prayers and rites — a perfect incubator for the virus, according to epidemiologists.

The Saudi government has been working with the United States' Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to set up clinics and take precautions to stem any outbreak.

It often rains in Mecca and Jiddah during the winter months, but Wednesday's downpour was the heaviest in years during the hajj. Jiddah was swamped with 7 centimeters (2.76 inches) of rain, more than it would normally get in an entire year, according to Dale Mohler, senior meteorologist at the Web site, AccuWeather.com.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091126/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_saudi_hajj
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Flood in Saudi arabia during haj kills pilgrims
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 09:05:58 AM »
This is truly G-d's work. Seventy-seven Koranimals were killed by the flood.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 09:07:02 AM »
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 10:25:35 AM »
All the clouds of the earth shall go and rain there at once @ 10 cm/min, so that the whole region with all its cities gets washed up and slides down to the oceans.
 ;D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 10:33:29 AM »
I hope one day the whole country (Saudi Arabia) gets flooded.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 10:55:40 AM »
77, that's all ?! How many dies naturally in a haj anyway ?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 10:57:54 AM »
Almost each year is blessed with a disaster for the animals who attend this garbage. My all time favorite was when someone fired a gun on the bridge a few years back and they stampeded like a bunch of dumb animals. It resulted in a multitude of squashed and drown sand jockeys.  :::D  ;D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 11:03:24 AM »

[/quote
there will be a flood after  :nuke: happens.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 11:08:29 AM »
 :dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 11:09:41 AM »

[/quote
there will be a flood after  :nuke: happens.

Instead of water I hope it's hot molden lava.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 02:07:45 PM by YimachShemotoIslam »

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 02:07:11 PM »
I wish earth quakes demolish those 2 filthy mosques in Mecca and Medina completely.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 02:10:25 PM »
I wish earth quakes demolish those 2 filthy mosques in Mecca and Medina completely.
Second that motion!  :guitar:
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 02:10:14 PM »
IT WAS GOD'S WILL!

And they needed a good wash anyway.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 02:25:18 PM »
In the sarcastic words of Jerry Seinfeld "That's a shame"
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 04:22:12 PM »
IT WAS G-d'S WILL!

Only problem it wasn't enough.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 04:37:21 PM »
Must be a message from God that muhammad was not really a prophet and that is a false religion.  In case any of the pilgrims were wondering.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »
IT WAS G-d'S WILL!

U mean Allah's will? ;D

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 07:18:39 PM »
Allah usually schemes against the unbelievers but this time he schemed against his own people!

Quran teaches that Allah is the author of evil:

Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little. Surah. 4:142 Hilali-Khan

And (the unbelievers) schemed and planned, and Allah schemed also, and the best of schemers is Allah. Surah. 3:54
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 07:24:54 PM »
Allah usually schemes against the unbelievers but this time he schemed against his own people!

Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little. Surah. 4:142 Hilali-Khan

And (the unbelievers) schemed and planned, and Allah schemed also, and the best of schemers is Allah. Surah. 3:54

This is actually a Jewish belief also... Hashem is the creator of both light and darkness, of good and of evil... I dont think that this alone is reason to rejoice...

PS: When a Jew dies the customary blessing is "Baruch Dayan Emet" meaning Blessed is the Judge of Truth...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 07:25:42 PM »

This is actually a Jewish belief also... Hashem is the creator of both light and darkness, of good and of evil... I dont think that this alone is reason to rejoice...

Any time enemies of the Jews die, we should rejoice.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 07:27:14 PM »
Almost each year is blessed with a disaster for the animals who attend this garbage. My all time favorite was when someone fired a gun on the bridge a few years back and they stampeded like a bunch of dumb animals. It resulted in a multitude of squashed and drown sand jockeys.  :::D  ;D

I remember that. I also remember Chaim talking about it

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 07:27:40 PM »

Any time enemies of the Jews die, we should rejoice.

Yes, but stating that it is because they believe that G-d is the source of both good and evil? I dont think that is anything but hypocritical.

I have not commented on the actual event... This is what they deserve because they have built a image of the devil which they pelt with stones... This is a form of idolatry...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 07:28:13 PM »
It is true that every year many muslims die on the Hajj... It is part of their death culture...

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 07:47:45 PM »
Yes, but stating that it is because they believe that G-d is the source of both good and evil? I dont think that is anything but hypocritical.

I have not commented on the actual event... This is what they deserve because they have built a image of the devil which they pelt with stones... This is a form of idolatry...
As a Christian, CZ doesn't literally mean that G-d does evil, he means that Allah in the Koran is described as causing both good and evil. Yes I know that Maimonides taught and most Jews hold that Allah is technically the same G-d as Hashem, but he didn't mean such.

Christians do not believe that G-d is the author of any evil, but that he allows evil to take place in this kingdom as a refining test to his children, as an implement of his judgment, or simply because he allows us all free will. Yes we do believe that satan exercises evil, but that he only does that which G-d allows him to and that we can resist his temptations if we want to.

PS I do agree that Islam is full of idolatry, and since the Allah personified in the Koran is not a real deity that exists (whether or not he is a purely singular deity now, he was based on a false pagan gd) and because they attach a ridiculous reverence to the "prophet", their "holy" book, and the Ka'aba stone, I would say that it is an idolatrous religion.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 08:26:49 PM »
A) I was just commenting on the fact that THEIR god who happens to be allah is the one who is referred to I wasn't trying to prove a point.
B) The fact that they believe allah is muslim god and gave them koran and all that b.s. automatically makes it a COMPLETELY different god altogether. Example: If I say John is the candy man and only gives candy and you say john is the fruit man and only gives fruit, obviously they are two different people because john can't give both fruit and candy. In other words, it's IMPOSSIBLE for Hashem and allah to be one since their purposes by DEFINITION are as different as night and day.