Author Topic: Israel Unaffected By Dubai Finacial Crisis Because Of Arab Boycott  (Read 843 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22

Arab markets start to crash, Israel unaffected thanks to boycott

The Middle East stood on the brink of a financial crisis this week when the financial markets in Dubai, the Arab world's economic jewel, crashed a worrying 10 percent. The drop was preceded by the government-backed state conglomerate Dubai World informing creditors that they would have to wait at least another six months for repayment.

Dubai, one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates, is home to a disproportionate amount of real estate development, diamond exports and other major industries in the Arab world. An economic collapse there would be felt heavily in every neighboring state.

Except Israel, that is. Thanks to the decades-old Arab boycott against doing business with Israelis, there is very little Israeli investment in Dubai. If this week's drop in the Dubai markets heralds a larger economic crisis in the Middle East, Israel may be the only country untouched by it.

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=20069
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
Re: Israel Unaffected By Dubai Finacial Crisis Because Of Arab Boycott
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 07:36:14 PM »
Bwa-ha-ha! The curse is turned into a blessing!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 07:39:46 PM »
Dubai has the tallest building in the world, the Burj Dubai:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Moshe92

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 07:58:18 PM »
Great news.  :dance:

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 08:04:52 PM »
Dubai has the tallest building in the world, the Burj Dubai:

I was going to make a comment about 9/11 in reverse, but I'm a moderate.  ;D

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 08:06:05 PM »
Bwa-ha-ha! The curse is turned into a blessing!

Is this what Chaim was talking about?

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 08:41:09 PM »
Wonderful.  I hope Dubai becomes a ghost town.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 06:53:08 AM »
Since my mother is in intl. real estate, I am somewhat well-informed about the markets. Dubai real estate fell by 40%, the prices of the villas on the artificial "palm tree" fell from 3 million to about 1 million!

Also the Trup Tower was cancelled:

Although I have to admit that this is really impressive, if you do not look behind the scene (more than 70% of capacities in Dubai are EMPTY space):
1991:

2005:

But 1,140m Nakheel Tower is already planned to kick Burj Dubai from it's position:

While Kuwait will rise up it's Silk City Mubarak Tower:

But this was overdue to happen. It was an enormous speculation bubble, that bursted. You cannot build megacity capacities in a 1.3-million-city!

Anyway, the most stable real estate prices in the whole Middle East can be found in Tel Aviv the the Israeli seashore cities as a whole. Actually this is better than having the WTB, which is only a temporary title!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 07:07:16 AM »
Baruch Hashem.  The curse turned into a blessing!  Exactly!   All praises to God.

And as to the buildings in dubai, they want to keep building taller and taller buildings because they are compensating.