Author Topic: New Cell Phone Device Processes Credit Cards  (Read 1337 times)

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
New Cell Phone Device Processes Credit Cards
« on: December 08, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »
New Cell Phone Device Processes Credit Cards

Twitter cofounder Jack Dorsey has introduced the Square, a device that plugs into an iPhone or iPod Touch's headphone jack and allows the user to swipe credit cards. What do you think?

Gerry Saunders,
Labeler
"Finally. I was getting tired of making my friends pay me in cash every time they wanted to use my phone."

Kay Turner,
Will-Call Clerk
"I had that idea years ago! I said, 'I should come up with a really great idea. Maybe something to do with a phone?' Damn it. I should have copyrighted that."

Nathan Vockeroth,
Unemployed
"This is easily going to double my business in piggyback rides."
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: New Cell Phone Device Processes Credit Cards
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »
I don't like it because I found out last year that INMATES in PRISONS have access to CELLPHONES.

that is why.

yes, it is considered contraband, but so are drugs, etc. there.

Just another way for them to get access to your money.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 06:21:26 PM »
1.Everyone I know has their own but I wouldn't mind getting cash for the use of my phone!  :::D

2. For years I've been saying the word Bonkers, then they come out with the cartoon!  :o

3. Piggyback? Reminds me of my neighbor who borrowed sugar,eggs,coffee,my lawnmower, asked for $100- I said No, get a job. We don't talk anymore!  ^-^
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 07:16:42 PM »
True, for every piece of technology there are people who will learn to screw the system and rob millions.

Offline SadZer

• New JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:14:02 PM »
I don't think that is feasible. How can they protect the owner of the credit cards if bad guys use signal jammers? There are still flaws on the system so I guess they should do more studies before launching it.

EDIT: Link removed.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:38:47 PM by Mishmaat »

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 10:16:35 PM »
No, like I said it is considered contrabrand, but people sneak them in or they bribe or blackmail the guards, who allow them in...same thing with street drugs. I heard there are more there in prison than on the streets, they are all illegal to have and even in prison, but very accessable.

Inmate use cell phone inside the prison. It is that even legal I only hear this here in this discussion. I have a cell phone, and it is an iphone. I never use my cell phone as my credit cards.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל