Author Topic: Livni Supports Barak’s Decision to Expel Hesder Yeshiva  (Read 943 times)

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Livni Supports Barak’s Decision to Expel Hesder Yeshiva
« on: December 14, 2009, 03:11:49 PM »
(IsraelNN.com) Opposition leader Tzipi Livni, head of the Kadima party, has come out in support of Defense Minister Ehud Barak's decision to remove the Har Bracha Yeshiva from its arrangement with the IDF. 

"The Defense Minister's decision to take steps against the yeshiva calling to refuse orders – is a correct decision. I wish we would not have needed to reach it. If we try to satisfy the desires of political parties we will reach a situation in which we live side by side but in different groups with nothing in common,” she said.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/176473
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Livni Supports Barak’s Decision to Expel Hesder Yeshiva
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 03:27:24 PM »
I'm not sure what the arrangement was, but if this means that students must now become soldiers, then the IDF is just getting more soldiers that will refuse orders.  This is Rabbi Melamed's yeshiva if I remember correctly.

I dont know if that is what the 'arrangement' is... It seems that Baraks order forbids allowing students from the Har Bracha Yeshivot to do their IDF service because the Rabbi has come out in support of soldiers disobeying orders if they are against Halacha, i.e. evicting Jews from their homes in the land of Israel.. I fully support the Rabbi in his stand and many other Rosh Yeshivot have come out in support of Rabbi Melameds..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 04:14:15 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134999

Rabbi Waldman: 'We Are All Har Bracha'
Kislev 27, 5770, 14 December 09 11:20
by Nissan Ratzlav-Katz

(Israelnationalnews.com) Rabbi Eliezer Waldman, head of the Nir Yeshiva in Kiryat Arba, told Arutz Sheva on Monday that the Defense Minister's removal of the Har Bracha Yeshiva from the Hesder program has essentially united all factions among religious-Zionist rabbis.

Defense Minister Ehud Barak's behavior towards the Har Bracha Yeshiva and its dean, Rabbi Eliezer Melamed, is "extremely grave," in Rabbi Waldman's words. "It was an action taken in opposition to all the agreements and relations between Hesder yeshiva heads and the Defense Ministry," he added.

Rabbi Waldman explained that the rule of thumb that guided relations between the ministry and the yeshivas until now was that "nothing be done unilaterally, rather through agreement and with mutual respect." As opposed to that understanding, the rabbi continued, "the Defense Minister took an egregious unilateral step which he had no right to make. In my opinion, he has caused a situation in which, even if we have differences of opinion, we are all now Har Bracha."

No fear
The rabbi is not fearful that such a unified position taken by Hesder yeshiva heads in support of Rabbi Melamed would lead to Defense Ministry sanctions on the entire Hesder program. "We are not afraid of the punishment of the Defense Minister," he said. "I hope that he will recover and return to a responsible path in relation to the IDF and the state." In fact, all of the nation must review its relation to Rabbi Melamed, Rabbi Waldman added, asking, "What is he -- a criminal?"

As for the issue of soldiers waving protest signs in the army against expelling Jews from their homes in Judea and Samaria, Rabbi Waldman said that the issue was blown out of proportion. "The Defense Minister himself is aware that the Hesder yeshiva heads, including Rabbi Melamed, oppose demonstrations within the army. It is unreasonable to force a particular verbal formulation on a yeshiva dean. It would have been possible to make a simple inquiry and Rabbi Melamed's views would have been made clear," he said.

Rabbi Waldman does not rule out the possibility that the decision to treat Rabbi Melamed in such an extreme fashion is intended as a threat against the rest of the Hesder yeshiva deans. The rabbis leading the nation's Hesder yeshivas are slated to meet in coming days to discuss the appropriate reaction to Defense Minister Barak's actions regarding the Har Bracha Yeshiva.

"The independence of yeshiva deans must not be infringed," Rabbi Waldman concluded.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 12:09:38 AM »
ehud barak makes me sick

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 01:14:06 AM »
Tzipwhorah Hitler and Gayhud Bara(c)k should be hanged at Nuremberg. They are every bit as evil as Eichmann and kin.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 01:45:12 AM »
(IsraelNN.com) Opposition leader Tzipi Livni, head of the Kadima party, has come out in support of Defense Minister Ehud Barak's decision to remove the Har Bracha Yeshiva from its arrangement with the IDF. 

"The Defense Minister's decision to take steps against the yeshiva calling to refuse orders – is a correct decision. I wish we would not have needed to reach it. If we try to satisfy the desires of political parties we will reach a situation in which we live side by side but in different groups with nothing in common,” she said.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/176473

Bibi has also stated that he supports it.   They are all the same.  Scum.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 01:46:57 AM »
I'm not sure what the arrangement was, but if this means that students must now become soldiers, then the IDF is just getting more soldiers that will refuse orders.  This is Rabbi Melamed's yeshiva if I remember correctly.

Rabbi Melamed's yeshiva (previously part of the Hesder program where young men combine Torah learning with army service) has now been banned from the hesder program.   So the yeshiva will continue obviously, but the students there will NOT serve in the army now.   The reason they kicked the yeshiva out of the hesder program was because Rabbi Melamed taught his students the Torah position that kicking Jews out of their homes goes against Torah and that they should refuse orders to do so.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 01:58:12 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134999

Rabbi Waldman: 'We Are All Har Bracha'
Kislev 27, 5770, 14 December 09 11:20
by Nissan Ratzlav-Katz

(Israelnationalnews.com) Rabbi Eliezer Waldman, head of the Nir Yeshiva in Kiryat Arba, told Arutz Sheva on Monday that the Defense Minister's removal of the Har Bracha Yeshiva from the Hesder program has essentially united all factions among religious-Zionist rabbis.

Defense Minister Ehud Barak's behavior towards the Har Bracha Yeshiva and its dean, Rabbi Eliezer Melamed, is "extremely grave," in Rabbi Waldman's words. "It was an action taken in opposition to all the agreements and relations between Hesder yeshiva heads and the Defense Ministry," he added.

Rabbi Waldman explained that the rule of thumb that guided relations between the ministry and the yeshivas until now was that "nothing be done unilaterally, rather through agreement and with mutual respect." As opposed to that understanding, the rabbi continued, "the Defense Minister took an egregious unilateral step which he had no right to make. In my opinion, he has caused a situation in which, even if we have differences of opinion, we are all now Har Bracha."

No fear
The rabbi is not fearful that such a unified position taken by Hesder yeshiva heads in support of Rabbi Melamed would lead to Defense Ministry sanctions on the entire Hesder program. "We are not afraid of the punishment of the Defense Minister," he said. "I hope that he will recover and return to a responsible path in relation to the IDF and the state." In fact, all of the nation must review its relation to Rabbi Melamed, Rabbi Waldman added, asking, "What is he -- a criminal?"

As for the issue of soldiers waving protest signs in the army against expelling Jews from their homes in Judea and Samaria, Rabbi Waldman said that the issue was blown out of proportion. "The Defense Minister himself is aware that the Hesder yeshiva heads, including Rabbi Melamed, oppose demonstrations within the army. It is unreasonable to force a particular verbal formulation on a yeshiva dean. It would have been possible to make a simple inquiry and Rabbi Melamed's views would have been made clear," he said.

Rabbi Waldman does not rule out the possibility that the decision to treat Rabbi Melamed in such an extreme fashion is intended as a threat against the rest of the Hesder yeshiva deans. The rabbis leading the nation's Hesder yeshivas are slated to meet in coming days to discuss the appropriate reaction to Defense Minister Barak's actions regarding the Har Bracha Yeshiva.

"The independence of yeshiva deans must not be infringed," Rabbi Waldman concluded.

I have met this great Tzadik Rabbi Waldman, and I had no doubt that he would take up this righteous cause and defend the Torah against the attacks of the state.   May Hashem bless him and may he continue to be a blessing in the Jewish people.     

Hevron and Kiryat Arba Jewish settlement exist today thanks to Rabbi Waldman and a few heroic families who were the trailblazers there.    After all the media exposure, which Rabbi Kahane helped with, it took these heroic settlers to actually make it happen, and Rabbi Waldman has been there since.