Author Topic: Malta Newspaper - Muslims gather in prayer along Sliema front  (Read 1078 times)

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
Malta Newspaper - Muslims gather in prayer along Sliema front
« on: December 15, 2009, 06:13:05 PM »
Times of Malta Newspaper

About 50 Muslim men took their prayer rugs to the Sliema front yesterday after the planning authority sealed off their place of worship. The Muslims said the Malta Environment and Planning Authority had locked them out of their flat in Sliema where they used to pray, so they decided to take their cause outside.

"We are not here to protest or threaten violence but to express our fundamental human right to gather in prayer," Bader Zina, one of the leaders, said. According to Mepa, a number of complaints had been received by neighbours and the flat did not have a licence to be used as a place of worship.

The Muslims, many of whom Maltese, were dressed in traditional clothing. They had a permit and police protection and said this might become a regular appointment until their flat was reopened.

This behaviour did not go down well with a group of Maltese onlookers who warned that if this happened again "there will be trouble".

"Malta is a Catholic country. They have no right to come here and pray in front of us. I don't care what they do in the privacy of their own home but not here," one Maltese woman said.

"We've had enough. If you were to do the same in their country they would stone you. I can't understand how they could have been given a permit for this, including police presence and all!" her husband added, visibly disturbed by what he saw.

"They should go to a mosque. That is where they belong. Or in some hole somewhere. But not here where I get my children to eat and have a good time. I would have had no problem if they were Catholics praying... in Malta we are all Catholics so it's not a problem, but not them. Even the tourists were disgusted," he claimed, as his teenage son nodded in agreement.

The owner of a nearby kiosk said she had no problem with them and some were her friends and clients. But she acknowledged that their presence lost her a lot of business yesterday. She said they should be allowed to remain in their flat where they would not be disturbing anyone.

Another man said the praying did not disturb him and it was less noisy than he would have thought. "I don't see what the problem is. These are Maltese people with a different religion. Why shouldn't they be allowed to pray quietly outdoors if we can have noisy feasts and drunken brawls?"

Mr Zina said they did not want to anger anyone: "All we want to do is praise God".

He said that besides the Sliema flat, another in Buġibba had also been locked up by Mepa simply because it was used by Muslims to gather in prayer. The residents of the flats had to seek alternative accommodation.

"Since when do you need a licence to pray? I don't see anyone closing down other prayer groups. And, anyway, I would rather have a group of Catholics singing praise to God next to my house than a bar," Mr Zina said.

He explained that Muslims prayed five times a day and it was preferable to do so in groups. He did not sense a negative reaction from the Maltese in the area, except for one woman who insisted on walking her dog in front of them. When she tried it the second time, she was stopped by the police.

He said it was sad to see some Maltese Catholics who feared or were intolerant towards Muslims and efforts should be made to encourage tolerance and integration.

Although he condemned any type of violence or revenge, he said that if people were discriminated against and hurt, it would become impossible to control a backlash.

Link http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20090502/local/muslims-gather-in-prayer-along-sliema-front

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Malta Newspaper - Muslims gather in prayer along Sliema front
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »
"We are not here to protest or threaten violence but to express our fundamental human right to gather in prayer,"

A mob of muslims "praying" in public is a threat of violence.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 06:17:16 PM »
Yes New yorker then at the end they threatened us with a backclash hehe and Sliema front is the most tourist area for Malta...not somewhere where you just throw your carpet and sandals and start praying heh. And most of them are arab and not Maltese even though the  newspaper says Maltese for political correctness...I know Maltese and we do not look like that at all hehe.

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 02:48:04 AM »
http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/2009/11/19/malta-muslim-imam-thinks-chopping-off-hands-is-a-good-punishment-for-thieves/

Imam Mohamed El Sadi, the Muslim leader in Malta, believes chopping off the hands of thieves is a “deserving punishment.” Mr El Sadi defended Sharia law, a judicial system used in some Islamic states and which can involve severe corporal punishments.

>:(

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 02:49:53 AM »
yes boyana...he was on a local show on our station...and all of us maltese were shocked when he was praising sharia...these guy is supposedly a 'moderate' muslim imam >:(

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 02:53:05 AM »
Are you from Malta?  :)

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 02:54:03 AM »
Yes I am :) plsd to meet you ..where are you from?

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20091119/local/chopping-off-hands-of-thieves-is-deserving-punishment-imam

read the comments of the maltese people...we hate the islam cult of evil ;/ and are really afraid of increasing immigrants if they tend to be islamic we really get scared the more their number increases the more daring they are becoming.

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 03:21:19 AM »
Welcome.My parents are Serbs from Montenegro.I was born in !UK!

:)

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 03:26:05 AM »
Nice meeting you  Boyana :)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 05:46:54 AM »
I see some are Black Muslims they are not from Malta
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 08:44:52 AM »
Why do such hypocrites say these words: "He said it was sad to see some Maltese Catholics who feared or were intolerant towards Muslims and efforts should be made to encourage tolerance and integration." ? ? ?

So WE must be tolerant of these animals, but yet they are NEVER tolerant to any of OUR beliefs and customs! THIS is what is WRONG today! >:(
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 03:34:44 AM »
Yes once they land in Malta they are immediately called 'maltese' for political correctness...I will never accept that...we have fought for this small island nation forever...it is ours and whoever comes ..comes as a guest , and if he/she works and lives here then ok he/she can call themselves maltese...im not anti foreigner...but these people came as unwanted guests to leech us dry and I will never accept it that they call them maltese. We have some lefty liberal hippy idiots and one time they told me...Malta is not ours Malta is everyone's land...imagine that...our forefathers dying for this country for the liberation from foreign rule etc...and this idiot tells me that they died for nothing becuase after all Malta is not ours but also africans/muslims property..these scumbags really annoy me. They don't even realize how much there was bloodshed and suffering in order to achieve freedom and call Malta our own lovely island.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 07:46:12 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this. I went to school with a boy whose family came here from Malta, they were very good people. This is going on all over the world and it's NOT good.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 09:27:44 AM »
Yes once they land in Malta they are immediately called 'maltese' for political correctness...I will never accept that...we have fought for this small island nation forever...it is ours and whoever comes ..comes as a guest , and if he/she works and lives here then ok he/she can call themselves maltese...im not anti foreigner...but these people came as unwanted guests to leech us dry and I will never accept it that they call them maltese. We have some lefty liberal hippy idiots and one time they told me...Malta is not ours Malta is everyone's land...imagine that...our forefathers dying for this country for the liberation from foreign rule etc...and this idiot tells me that they died for nothing becuase after all Malta is not ours but also africans/muslims property..these scumbags really annoy me. They don't even realize how much there was bloodshed and suffering in order to achieve freedom and call Malta our own lovely island.

Yes, Muslims can never be citizens of western countries. They are always the element of corruption, destruction and death in all societies around the globe. The only way is to deport them explicite inclusive converts.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 10:23:21 AM »
as long as they're a minority they dont bother me..at least until the immigration phenomenom they never bothered us..maybe they feared us who knows...but as their number is growing so is their arrogance. They are showing their teeth now...and it will backlash on all of them irrispective of how long they've been here I dont care...either they respect my country or they can go to hell or to their 70 virgin dames..together with whoever married them and their families.