Author Topic: Avatar is a Leftist Political Movie?  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Avatar is a Leftist Political Movie?
« on: December 16, 2009, 11:33:54 PM »
According to Lee Doren it must be since it attacks those that are successful.

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Avatar is a Leftist Political Movie?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 11:46:35 PM »
According to Lee Doren it must be since it attacks those that are successful.

Sigh, yeah it probably is leftist propaganda, they ruin all the films today with that garbage.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 11:54:53 PM »
I saw one of my most favorite movies the other night...

When I was a kid, back in 1982, the first Computer Animated movie (CGI) was produced by Disney pictures. As a computer nerd from way back I was inspired and motivated by the movie TRON. It is available on DVD now and I saw it...

The movie has a messianic plot, that humans are the gods and we create the programs which exist inside the computer world. A maniacal Master Control program starts to take over the system, incarcerating the programs and making them play video games on the game grid till they are destroyed. The hero of the story must obtain some data from its user in order to bring down the master control program.

I do not see any leftist ideology in TRON only the idea that we all, us software engineers at least, have the ability to alter the virtual world and establish justice and harmony into the system. It is ironic that in the movie the belief in users by the programs is considered religion because MCP denied the existence of users.

Famous Light Cycle Scene:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:01:09 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 12:02:41 AM »

When I was a kid, back in 1982, the first Computer Animated movie (CGI) was produced by Disney pictures. As a computer nerd from way back I was inspired and motivated by the movie TRON. It is available on DVD now and I saw it...

The movie has a messianic plot, that humans are the gods and we create the programs which exist inside the computer world. A maniacal Master Control program starts to take over the system, incarcerating the programs and making them play video games on the game grid till they are destroyed. The hero of the story must obtain some data from its user in order to bring down the master control program.

I do not see any leftist ideology in TRON only the idea that we all, us software engineers at least, have the ability to alter the virtual world and establish justice and harmony into the system. It is ironic that in the movie the belief in users by the programs is considered religion because MCP denied the existence of users.

Wow, I was just discussing this.  Im sure you know Tron Legacy is coming out in exactly a year.  The graphics look amazing.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 12:06:10 AM »

Wow, I was just discussing this.  Im sure you know Tron Legacy is coming out in exactly a year.  The graphics look amazing.

<snip>

Heck Yes

I just found this out the other night... And it is so ironic because I was reminded of the movie because when I was talking with a friend I said:

"Its all in the wrist!", which is what Flyn said in TRON in one scene...

Then I wanted to see the movie... And then I found out they are making a completely new movie along the same lines as the original.

I am looking forward to more TRON...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 12:09:51 AM »

<snip>

Heck Yes

I just found this out the other night... And it is so ironic because I was reminded of the movie because when I was talking with a friend I said:

"Its all in the wrist!", which is what Flyn said in TRON in one scene...

Then I wanted to see the movie... And then I found out they are making a completely new movie along the same lines as the original.

I am looking forward to more TRON...

My son opened a gift yesterday that he absolutely loved.  Here it is (No joking):

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 12:31:39 AM »
Wow, what a coincidence... We must be operating on a higher level or something...