Author Topic: Please give us an update on the blizzard on the East Coast, thankyou...!!!  (Read 1031 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Hi, if some of you have the time and when you see this, please let us know how you are doing out there...we are all worried out here...

We keep hearing about a blizzard out there...

thanks and keep warm.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Please give us an update on the blizzard on the East Coast, thankyou...!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 04:35:45 PM »
Oh, they say there are hundreds of thousands of power outages. We might not be hearing from some of you for awhile...

STAY WARM!!!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »
Not much yet here on Long Island .... It started coming down around noon but stopped quickly. It's been snow flurries since then. The weather people are still calling for over a foot of snow tonight. Washington and North Carolina are said to be a mess hopefully the storm tired itself out down there.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 05:48:36 PM »
I'm not handling this global warming well today.
So far, there's two inches of global warming.
The supermarkets have been mobbed all day.
And it looks like a lot of people here in the north east aren't handling this global warming well either, there's hundreds of accidents on the road.

Also, it was 12F of global warming here yesterday.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 06:13:22 PM »
Don't even think of going to a food store. :fright: I know people think that they are going to be trapped in the house and want plenty of food to enjoy while they are however some just people go overboard. I drove past the local food store today and the parking lot was packed. Here in the North East most  towns clean up the snow in a matter of hours so the possibility of being trapped in the house without food for long is a very remote possibility. It always amazes me how empty the store shelves right after big storms are forecast. As for global warming they should have went with a global cooling scenario they would have had better response.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »
Its coming down now. I hope it stops soon, because I do not want to have to shovel out my car

Moshe92

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 10:20:57 PM »
It hasn't started yet in Boston. It will probably start soon if there is already snow in New York right now.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 10:31:56 PM »
Well the storm finally got to Long Island  around 8 pm. It's quite windy now and in a few hours its dumped about five or six inch's of snow. The way its going I could see the storm reaching the foot or so the weather people were calling for. Thank G-d it seems to be dry snow that does not collect on the tree branches and power lines. With weather like this loosing power would be a real problem.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 10:42:28 PM »
Well the storm finally got to Long Island  around 8 pm. It's quite windy now and in a few hours its dumped about five or six inch's of snow. The way its going I could see the storm reaching the foot or so the weather people were calling for. Thank G-d it seems to be dry snow that does not collect on the tree branches and power lines. With weather like this loosing power would be a real problem.

So sorry to hear this cjd! I hope it calms down very soon and no one loses power! Stay safe and warm!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 11:50:22 PM »
Don't even think of going to a food store. :fright: I know people think that they are going to be trapped in the house and want plenty of food to enjoy while they are however some just people go overboard. I drove past the local food store today and the parking lot was packed. Here in the North East most  towns clean up the snow in a matter of hours so the possibility of being trapped in the house without food for long is a very remote possibility. It always amazes me how empty the store shelves right after big storms are forecast. As for global warming they should have went with a global cooling scenario they would have had better response.

You got it right. I live in the township so our roads are the last to get plowed but I don't mind driving in it. I learned years ago, don't go shopping .......the shelves are empty!  :::D
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 12:37:40 AM »
Well, I hope you all do ok out there in this storm and don't go out in it unless it's an emergency. It's still in the 50's out here and raining.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל