Author Topic: can someone please help me explain to the Christians I'm trying to educate as to  (Read 6604 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Rubystars, what you have accurately described is the definition of Amalek. The Amalekites are so obsessed with Jew-hatred that they will even destroy their own people just to hurt Jews.

That makes complete sense. One of the things I was trying to get at is that an anti-Semite will claim to stand for all kinds of things. They could say they are for right wing politics, like Pat Buchanan, or they could say they're pro-white, like David Duke, or they could say they're for smaller government, like Ron Paul. They could claim to be Christian, etc. It doesn't matter what they claim to stand for. Their primary goal in life and ONLY real philosophy is Jew hatred.

Of course this doesn't get Islam off the hook in any way. Islam's primary goal is to destroy all non-Muslims and ESPECIALLY Jewish people. So since Jew hatred is the core philosophy of Islam, then Islam itself is evil.

Most blacks do not care that millions of their people are being annihilated in the Sudan by the Arab Muslims. As long as the Arab Muslims work to destroy Israel and the Jews (and as long as the Arabs work to destroy America and the whites), the blacks will enthusiastically support their former Arab slaveowners.

That's a perfect example. It also reminds me of how the Nazi sites often show sympathy for the "plight" of the "Palestinians", but rarely or never mention the real horrors in Sudan.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
ok. Well, anyway, this person still does not know why a Muslim would follow after a so called Christian, who called himself Hitler, so I spelled it out for them, once again. whew.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I don't understand the confusion.  It's not like Christianity has a law code or anything. They did away with any idea of "halacha."    All a Christian has to do is believe in a certain story and call themself Christian- well, so what, that doesn't mean a person is going to act properly even if he believes a certain thing in his mind.   I think it's very obvious why this can happen.   Even if there were laws in place, not everyone can keep them, people mess up and do bad things.   But when there is no law in place, all the moreso, there is nothing governing proper modes of behavior and it's anybody's guess to formulate the deeds they consider to fall in line with whatever the belief is in their head.   That laxity or uncertainty in ethics creates a vacuum.  All too often in history it was used by evil people (even priests like those pictured) to commit terrible deeds against Jews as supposedly in line with their beliefs and merely filling the ethical vacuum.
Actually Christians do have a story to go by its called the Old  Testament. There is also the Ten Commandments. People should know whats right and wrong without religion micromanaging their every move. Actually written  religious law can sometimes lead to problems like it does in the muslim religion.

But they rejected the actual halacha of the "Tanach " saying that it's just metaphor and that so-and-so fulfilled all that for them already so they don't have to keep it.   The fact is they don't have a real law code.  That presents an opening for any odd action to be presented as fitting with their belief, even if some guy or some other Christian thinks it doesn't.    I didn't say they didn't have a "story," I said they didn't have a law code.  Big difference. 

The comparison with Islam is not necessary here.  In fact I'm not sure what you mean by that.   No one can claim that a Muslim who eats pork is doing so in the name of Islam.   No one can claim that a jihadist attack is NOT in the name of Islam.   The lawcode establishes the parameters and boundaries of the religion.   I think you failed to understand my comment.   I was not saying "Christians are bad and did bad things because they don't have a lawcode."  Not at all.  What I'm saying is that govt leaders and even priests had an opening to claim any actions (even antisemitic and Jew-hating) as "in the name of their Christian religion" because there was no real law code.

Even if a religion has a lawcode, people can still behave badly.  What I'm addressing is not, how can a person believe such-and-such but still do bad things, but more a question of, how can they claim that their bad behaviors fit with their religion.   That is what sets it apart as a question specifically to Christianity, whereas you don't really have that question with a religion with a lawcode.   Anyone can see whether it really fits or not if there is a lawcode (or at least have a  general idea if not an expert in it.

And if Christianity persecutes Jews, of course Muslims will love it, even if it is outside the parameters of what Islam allows in terms of religious belief.  Anything to itbach a yahoood is ok by them.   So Hitler's y''s "Christianity" is something Muslims love, just like they love anything about Hitler y''s since he was a murderer of Jews.    The person asking the question to hanna doesn't understand that just because someone ostensibly is "Christian" does not mean he won't exhibit behavior that a muslim barbarian will stand and cheer about.  Because a wide range of actions can be called "Christian" by various people.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:47:44 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
I don't understand the confusion.  It's not like Christianity has a law code or anything. They did away with any idea of "halacha."    All a Christian has to do is believe in a certain story and call themself Christian- well, so what, that doesn't mean a person is going to act properly even if he believes a certain thing in his mind.   I think it's very obvious why this can happen.   Even if there were laws in place, not everyone can keep them, people mess up and do bad things.   But when there is no law in place, all the moreso, there is nothing governing proper modes of behavior and it's anybody's guess to formulate the deeds they consider to fall in line with whatever the belief is in their head.   That laxity or uncertainty in ethics creates a vacuum.  All too often in history it was used by evil people (even priests like those pictured) to commit terrible deeds against Jews as supposedly in line with their beliefs and merely filling the ethical vacuum.
Actually Christians do have a story to go by its called the Old  Testament. There is also the Ten Commandments. People should know whats right and wrong without religion micromanaging their every move. Actually written  religious law can sometimes lead to problems like it does in the muslim religion.

But they rejected the actual halacha of the "Tanach " saying that it's just metaphor and that so-and-so fulfilled all that for them already so they don't have to keep it.   The fact is they don't have a real law code.  That presents an opening for any odd action to be presented as fitting with their belief, even if some guy or some other Christian thinks it doesn't.    I didn't say they didn't have a "story," I said they didn't have a law code.  Big difference. 

The comparison with Islam is not necessary here.  In fact I'm not sure what you mean by that.   No one can claim that a Muslim who eats pork is doing so in the name of Islam.   No one can claim that a jihadist attack is NOT in the name of Islam.   The lawcode establishes the parameters and boundaries of the religion.   I think you failed to understand my comment.   I was not saying "Christians are bad and did bad things because they don't have a lawcode."  Not at all.  What I'm saying is that govt leaders and even priests had an opening to claim any actions (even antisemitic and Jew-hating) as "in the name of their Christian religion" because there was no real law code.

Even if a religion has a lawcode, people can still behave badly.  What I'm addressing is not, how can a person believe such-and-such but still do bad things, but more a question of, how can they claim that their bad behaviors fit with their religion.   That is what sets it apart as a question specifically to Christianity, whereas you don't really have that question with a religion with a lawcode.   Anyone can see whether it really fits or not if there is a lawcode (or at least have a  general idea if not an expert in it.

And if Christianity persecutes Jews, of course Muslims will love it, even if it is outside the parameters of what Islam allows in terms of religious belief.  Anything to itbach a yahoood is ok by them.   So Hitler's y''s "Christianity" is something Muslims love, just like they love anything about Hitler y''s since he was a murderer of Jews.    The person asking the question to hanna doesn't understand that just because someone ostensibly is "Christian" does not mean he won't exhibit behavior that a muslim barbarian will stand and cheer about.  Because a wide range of actions can be called "Christian" by various people.
The Ten Commandments that  Christians should follow should really be enough to keep them on the right path in life.  True it is nothing like the 613 that the Jewish faith is required to keep however it does give people a basic guideline to follow should they chose to do so. The problem comes in when people use religion to accomplish evil  things they feel are justified that go against even this basic set of rules. What would be the difference if there are 10 or 613 or even a 1000 if people chose to ignore them. The reason I brought up the Muslim faith is the fact that their Koran has a multitude of religious laws that can actually be looked at by an outsider as being evil. On some points I agree with what you are saying however to say Christianity is a lawless faith really is somewhat insulting. The rules are there for G-d fearing people to follow if they choose to do so. Christians who don't or do things in the name of G-d that are evil will then have to answer to G-d in the end. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Very true....

I don't understand the confusion.  It's not like Christianity has a law code or anything. They did away with any idea of "halacha."    All a Christian has to do is believe in a certain story and call themself Christian- well, so what, that doesn't mean a person is going to act properly even if he believes a certain thing in his mind.   I think it's very obvious why this can happen.   Even if there were laws in place, not everyone can keep them, people mess up and do bad things.   But when there is no law in place, all the moreso, there is nothing governing proper modes of behavior and it's anybody's guess to formulate the deeds they consider to fall in line with whatever the belief is in their head.   That laxity or uncertainty in ethics creates a vacuum.  All too often in history it was used by evil people (even priests like those pictured) to commit terrible deeds against Jews as supposedly in line with their beliefs and merely filling the ethical vacuum.

But they rejected the actual halacha of the "Tanach " saying that it's just metaphor and that so-and-so fulfilled all that for them already so they don't have to keep it.   The fact is they don't have a real law code.  That presents an opening for any odd action to be presented as fitting with their belief, even if some guy or some other Christian thinks it doesn't.    I didn't say they didn't have a "story," I said they didn't have a law code.  Big difference. 

The comparison with Islam is not necessary here.  In fact I'm not sure what you mean by that.   No one can claim that a Muslim who eats pork is doing so in the name of Islam.   No one can claim that a jihadist attack is NOT in the name of Islam.   The lawcode establishes the parameters and boundaries of the religion.   I think you failed to understand my comment.   I was not saying "Christians are bad and did bad things because they don't have a lawcode."  Not at all.  What I'm saying is that govt leaders and even priests had an opening to claim any actions (even antisemitic and Jew-hating) as "in the name of their Christian religion" because there was no real law code.

Even if a religion has a lawcode, people can still behave badly.  What I'm addressing is not, how can a person believe such-and-such but still do bad things, but more a question of, how can they claim that their bad behaviors fit with their religion.   That is what sets it apart as a question specifically to Christianity, whereas you don't really have that question with a religion with a lawcode.   Anyone can see whether it really fits or not if there is a lawcode (or at least have a  general idea if not an expert in it.

And if Christianity persecutes Jews, of course Muslims will love it, even if it is outside the parameters of what Islam allows in terms of religious belief.  Anything to itbach a yahoood is ok by them.   So Hitler's y''s "Christianity" is something Muslims love, just like they love anything about Hitler y''s since he was a murderer of Jews.    The person asking the question to hanna doesn't understand that just because someone ostensibly is "Christian" does not mean he won't exhibit behavior that a muslim barbarian will stand and cheer about.  Because a wide range of actions can be called "Christian" by various people.
The Ten Commandments that  Christians should follow should really be enough to keep them on the right path in life.  True it is nothing like the 613 that the Jewish faith is required to keep however it does give people a basic guideline to follow should they chose to do so. The problem comes in when people use religion to accomplish evil  things they feel are justified that go against even this basic set of rules. What would be the difference if there are 10 or 613 or even a 1000 if people chose to ignore them. The reason I brought up the Muslim faith is the fact that their Koran has a multitude of religious laws that can actually be looked at by an outsider as being evil. On some points I agree with what you are saying however to say Christianity is a lawless faith really is somewhat insulting. The rules are there for G-d fearing people to follow if they choose to do so. Christians who don't or do things in the name of G-d that are evil will then have to answer to G-d in the end. 
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
You explained that very well cjd! Any Christian that uses evil for their agenda in the name of Christianity is breaking the 10 Commandments and a hypocrite in my eyes. Just because you "pray" every day and go to church, does NOT make you a Christian, it is the way you live and act each day. This is NOT fact, but just my opinion!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
death to islam.

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
Hanna,
I would lose these Christians because you can't talk sense to fools, pray for God to take the scales off their eyes and open their ears to see the truth.
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
Christians are supposed to believe the greatest commandment is to love other people.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
Hanna,
I would lose these Christians because you can't talk sense to fools, pray for G-d to take the scales off their eyes and open their ears to see the truth.

At some point all you can do is to pray for people. There's no point in going on and on with the same people sometimes if they refuse to accept reality about the evils of Islam.

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
                                                                  בס"S
Also, Nazism involves Christian concepts and you can't say this is fake:

Well the picture is black and white thus nazi era and as the other guy said they were probably forced to do the sign and show allegiance for their own survival (and also those persecuted they were harbouring and saving from massacre).No offense what about the jews that were handling other jewish people go to death in concentration camps...what were they called..it was for selfishness and  personal survival or deep fear of death and rather letting others die than die yourself i guess.
but remember the picture is during the nazi era and rome was under nazi and all catholics in europe under the stronghold of adolf hitler. hitler as far as i know hated the church and christians he was pagan and obsessed with such pagan symbols and stars and what not.
So the question really is...is pope benedict anti semite..and if he is would all christians do what he says and be anti-semite and massacre innocent jews. You find good people and evil people in all  races/religions i guess some more evil than other such as :EVIL ISLAMMMMMMMMM! so christians and jewish people should unite and not fight..the most horrible religion in the world torture to your own people fascist in its policies, massacre to all non believers : ISLAM
remember there are a lot of christians fighting in the middle east who only believe in the 10 commandments or in short love thy neighbour as thyslf. As far as i'm concerned the muslims are not keeping with this fate they have shown again and again their hatred while israel was all the time trying to find compromises. After all you also have to protect yourself your loved ones and those who want peace like yourself. So re palestinian issue yes it pains to see dead children/wome and shame on muslims using children/women as shields or for sympathy. Israel had every right to protect itself.

also please remember many christians died in ww2

5,933,900 actually if one is to trust wikipedia 'the holocaust'
quote*
Non Jewish victims
Note: Scholars differ on whether the definition of the Holocaust should also include the millions of non-Jewish victims of Nazi genocide.[3]

so remember that probably half europe like the british etc . (ps. my country malta suffered also becuase we choose the allies sidenot mussolini's or hitler's) were fighting against nazism on your side against nazi germans . But now the new threath is islamism and their fanatic ruthless suicidal religion.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 01:52:58 AM by futuramark »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
Whatever excuses are made for those who live in that era, don't really matter as long as the RCC has refused to excommunicate Hitler. To this day, he's still in good standing.
That's absolutely horrible.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist

I have a little bit of training in Christian theology, so let me try to handle this. If any of this appears offensive please don't take it as such, I am just trying to explain where "we" come from.

1: All orthodox (orthodox as in mainstream/theologically standard, not Orthodox the denomination) Christianity accepts that the written Law was/is all the word of G-d and literally true and binding at least for a period or epoch. Even though Christians do not practice most of it, all of us who are genuine about our faith at least respect its place and role in the Bible. In fact, Christians generally believe that prior to Jesus, the entire Torah was binding on all human beings for salvation (i.e. we don't have a concept of "righteous Gentiles" per se). Most Christians today would say that the "distinctive" laws of Torah (i.e. those that are considered to only apply to Jews) are not incumbent upon anybody for salvation. We do feel that all of the Noahide Laws, or what correspond to them (we don't call them that though) ARE binding upon all human beings, although we would consider living them out a sign of being "saved", not a means in and of themselves to go to heaven. A simplified form of the 7NLs is found in the New Testament verse, Acts 15:29. Some Christian groups, such as the Adventists and some of the Messianics, do attempt to practice varying degrees of halacha or even argue that they are necessary for salvation (I don't agree with these groups).

As far as I know there is no single Christian position on the Oral Torah or Mishnahs. There are many different opinions about them in our faith, but we have not formulated a  formal stance about it.

2: Overall you are correct that we don't have a "law code" (and I do believe that that comes directly from the N.T.), but it depends on what Christians you talk to. Catholicism does have a "law code" in that the Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church is considered to be the binding and inerrant/infallible word of G-d and the pontiff is likewise incontrovertible, speaking directly from G-d. However, Catholic teaching and doctrine has changed somewhat over the centuries. Orthodox Christianity is similar to Catholicism but somewhat less formal--instead of placing ultimate reliance on patriarchal (their equivalent of the pope) or bishopric teaching, they place their highest value in liturgy (devotional literature and music) and decisions reached by popular consensus within the church. Protestants are a whole other ballgame--most of us (I am a Protestant by definition) do not put any absolute value in any institution other than the Bible ("sola scriptura"). You could say that we view the Bible and N.T. in particular as a "law code", I suppose, but we put emphasis on faith lived-out more than following rules per se, even the ones that are extremely obvious (i.e. no immorality, murder, stealing, etc.).

3: I agree naturally that Christianity in general needs to be made painfully aware of the millenia of horrific anti-Semitism that has taken place in the name of Jesus, but I think that it is absolutely possible to make a distinction between so-called "Christian anti-Semitism" and Islamic anti-Semitism. The difference is that the Christian holy Scripture (the N.T.) does not call on anybody to abuse or persecute Jews, whereas the Koran obviously does. Yes, I am aware that the N.T. says things that are very problematic to Jews (i.e. that they are wrong to reject Jesus), but that does not translate to going out and harming or murdering them, especially when the apostle Paul took severe pains to warn the Gentile Christians that they are adopted stepchildren compared to the real, original Chosen people (Romans 11). I think that the behavior alone of the medieval pogromists (i.e. murder, rape, pillaging) should be enough to demonstrate that for whatever reason, be it extreme ignorance/primitiveness or deliberate disobedience of it (probably both), they were not in any way living out the true values of the N.T. The same applies, of course, to the German Nazis.

Yes, I know full well that the above is of little consolation to the millions of Jews who have been martyred in the name of Christianity...

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
                                                                  בס"S
Also, Nazism involves Christian concepts and you can't say this is fake:

I think there is a point of Christianity, that has something to do with National Socialism and it is the Messianic concept. The people choose a wrong Messiah and project all their hopes and desires in him. Unlike in Communism who aims at salvation without god too, Naziism is without this central figure, in this case Hitler, not possible.

Then there has an aberration happened in most Christian countries, which not happened in the USA and this is the conjunction of ecclesia and state. In fact the great churches in Europe, Protestants as well as Catholics, get most of their money from the gouvernment since the secularisation in 16th-19th century. Protestants had the chance to start new in 16th century, but mainly Luther fought independet church communities and made the political ruler of the particular country the head of the Lutherian church.
Half gouvernmental churches in Europe are not able to pay their loans, their morgages, their energy and of cause their restauration costs for their old buildings by the contributions of their members. So today you see the blessing or marriage of homosexual couples, bolschewist liberation theology, feminist theology and so on, because they have to dance by the pipe of Zeitgeist in order to get money from the political powers. In other times you see the Nazi salute. They are corrupted.

In the USA you have all this problems too, but in fact they are concerning only miniority groups like black churches, progressive leftist churches, the KKK white supremacist churches and so on. They are not able to become the majority, because they depend on their members. This means, that they have to convince people to their special theology and this is more difficult, the more "special teachings" you try to sell. Imo this churches are only growing by births if they are growing at all.

The Jewish communities in Germany have since a few years the same status, like the Christian communities. Since then, a part of their leadership is defending Islam and Homosexuality. But their main focus is on Islam. Henryk M. Broder pointed out, that radical Islam is for shure not the allie of Jews against racism and antisemitism. He was so frustrated about this attitude, that he declared his own  candidateship for the chairman of the central council of Jews in Germany. After this made massive headlines, he stepped back and he said, that he wanted to start primarily a discussion about the issue. He got a lot of support from other prominent Jews.

This phenomenon of Christians joining criminal ideologies is of cause a Christian problem. This people who do the Nazi salute are per self-definition Christians. So imo they stand there as Christians and their behaviour is then Christian. But not all what is Christian is sacred (geistlich).
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

• Gold Star JTF Member

Where is it said that those are binding on them?  If none of the law is binding, none of it is.   They didn't just annul some of it but say oh wait but these handful are absolutely divinely binding.   They decided that the Torah with its mitzvot is metaphorical.  Anyway, they are not Jews so must of it is not binding on them in the first place. 
They don't claim to keep Shabbath do they?   That is one of the 10 commandments.    I'm not sure why you are arguing this point.  The simple fact is there is not a law code.  Having a general set of guildelines like the 10 commandments is not a law code.  It's not the same thing.   That is not an attack on them it's just stating a fact, so why do you feel the need to "defend" that or say that there is one?   Where is the Christian version of "Talmud" ?   Don't see one.  Just a fact, that's all.  That's not the reason why Jews don't believe in Christianity so I'm not sure why the dispute over this.

What would be the difference if there are 10 or 613 or even a 1000 if people chose to ignore them.

You are completely missing my point.   I will have to quote what I said above which has already addressed this.

I said "Even if a religion has a lawcode, people can still behave badly.  What I'm addressing is not, how can a person believe such-and-such but still do bad things, but more a question of, how can they claim that their bad behaviors fit with their religion.   That is what sets it apart as a question specifically to Christianity, whereas you don't really have that question with a religion with a lawcode.   Anyone can see whether it really fits or not if there is a lawcode (or at least have a  general idea if not an expert in it.

And if Christianity persecutes Jews (or someone's version of Christianity does so), of course Muslims will love it,"

however to say Christianity is a lawless faith really is somewhat insulting.

What?   Are you serious?   First of all, you used the term "lawless," not me, but the fact is there is NOT a Christian lawcode that clearly defines the religion.   That is a fact, and if you're uncomfortable with the facts, you can't blame me for that or say that I'm insulting you.    That fact explains how there are so many variant strains of Christianity... they are all coming to fill the vacuum and define things in a more set way.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
I really didn't know Christians are supposed to obey the 10 commandments. There are at least two commandments Christians don't seem to observe: The Sabbath, and the prohibition of making statues and images.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
                                                        בס"ד

I really didn't know it either. As a former-Christian, I know Christians can choose between being secular and being religious according to Christianity, that it's the individual's business (unlike in Judaism where Secularism doesn't exist).

Offline futuramark

• Junior JTFer
dont christians /catholics have sunday instead of sabbath .. i know they dont stop from work etc but it was and still is considered a day of god and rest from work .just got the day different instead of saturday sunday...christianity cannot be so restrictive anymore since western world has evolved and atheism plays a big role ..so everything the church/pope says would immediately be regarded as a threath...if the pope says something against condoms they imediately say the pope wants to spread hiv bla bla bla..western world evolved too much to be so conservative.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I really didn't know it either. As a former-Christian, I know Christians can choose between being secular and being religious according to Christianity, that it's the individual's business (unlike in Judaism where Secularism doesn't exist).
Christians aren't supposed to be secular any more than Jews are.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
                                                        בס"ד

Yes Christians can choose to be secular just like Jewish people can but that would make them both sinners. Secularism doesn't exist in Judaism?.... Come to New York I will show it to you first hand. Finding totally observant Jews here is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I don't want to be even more insulting so I will not go further in this thread but some of the statements made here in this thread really show a level of ignorance. Let me go and dust off my idols and see if there are any others I need for my collection. I must be missing the idol that wards off the stupidity of others.... Anyway... All I can say is people that live in glass houses should not toss stones.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
                                                                          בס"ד

בס"ד

Yes Christians can choose to be secular just like Jewish people can but that would make them both sinners. Secularism doesn't exist in Judaism?.... Come to New York I will show it to you first hand. Finding totally observant Jews here is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I don't want to be even more insulting so I will not go further in this thread but some of the statements made here in this thread really show a level of ignorance. Let me go and dust off my idols and see if there are any others I need for my collection. I must be missing the idol that wards off the stupidity of others.... Anyway... All I can say is people that live in glass houses should not toss stones.

You didn't understand my point. "Secularism" is a Christian term that doesn't exist and is NOT an option in Judaism. There's no ligitimacy for "secularism". The fact that there are "secular" (I'd rather use the term "Tinok She'nishba" or "Apikoros/Kofer" doesn't mean that in Judaism (which is not even a religion) such option exists.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
                                                        בס"ד

:::D
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

• Gold Star JTF Member
No, there is no such thing as "secularism" within Torah or Judaism.    Not sure why people are getting oversensitive here.  There ARE some sects of Christianity that believe in the permissibility of "icons," and there are some strands of Christianity that proudly display carved effiges, and also construct "statues" - I've seen them with my own eyes in college campus....   So what is the glass-house issue about this?   You've seen Jews walking around eating pork sandwich?  Sad, and of course that exists, but that's not Judaism (and neither will the ham-eater claim that it is).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 12:53:09 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

• Gold Star JTF Member
Saying there's a difference in the religions should not be taken as an insult because it's merely a fact.   Chaim has stated many times these facts exist.  Why should we try to cover them up or get offended about them?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
"Secularism" is a Christian term that doesn't exist and is NOT an option in Judaism. There's no ligitimacy for "secularism". The fact that there are "secular" (I'd rather use the term "Tinok She'nishba" or "Apikoros/Kofer" doesn't mean that in Judaism (which is not even a religion) such option exists.
I don't know what you mean that it is a "Christian" term, but secularism is not a lifestyle option in Christianity, either. The fact that hundreds of millions of Christians choose to be secular is not a good thing and is not at all permitted in the New Testament.