Author Topic: Indians better than other immigrants in the US: Forbes  (Read 2259 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
Indians better than other immigrants in the US: Forbes
« on: December 22, 2009, 06:42:54 AM »
Eight Indian CEOs At Big U.S. Companies

http://www.forbes.com/2009/12/17/indian-ceos-united-states-forbes-asia-indian-ceos.html

WASHINGTON: Pepsico chief executive Indira Nooyi inevitably tops the list of what Forbes calls "Eight Indian-Flavoured CEOs" who lead US corporations with revenues of at least $2 billion as the premier business magazine chronicles the rise of Indians in corporate ranks in America.

"The chief executive of PepsiCo would be prominent no matter what. The fact that the current one - Indira Nooyi - is an Indian immigrant (and female, in case you've been living under a rock) makes her all the more noteworthy," it says.

"It's not a surprise that we're seeing Indians rise in corporate ranks," Forbes quotes Richard Herman, co-author of a book on migrants to the US, Immigrant, Inc, as saying in an article published Monday.

"Of all the immigrant groups coming in today, Indians are head-and-shoulders above others, and this is partly because of their English language skills and also the advanced education that many of them are bringing to the US."

"Despite these personal success stories the number of immigrants who are leading corporate America, Indian or otherwise, is still a tiny fraction," according to Forbes. But, says Herman, "look at where the data was ten years ago and maybe it was zero or one [Indian then]."

Future CEO candidates might want to look for a tough assignment in order to break through, he says. "Americans are having a tough time dealing with global diversity, Herman adds, " but just look at who was running the Tarp financial-rescue fund - Neel Kashkari"- an Indian-American who is now joining bond giant Pimco as a managing director."

Of the featured eight, Nooyi, 53, says Herman, is part of a growing trend where US companies are being created, or led, by foreign-born individuals who bring in something special.

Vikram Pandit, the embattled CEO of Citigroup, is the other prominent native Indian in the corner office.

"Prior to joining the ailing bank he was president of Morgan Stanley's investment banking, fixed income and capital markets businesses and cofounded and was the chairman of a hedge fund, Old Lane Partners," Forbes notes.

Third on the list is Kenya-born Francisco D'Souza heads Cognizant Technology Solutions, which outsources IT services for its Western world clients.

D'Souza, 40, whose grandparents hailed from Goa in India, joined the company in 1994 when it was founded and within three years had gone up the ranks to become director of North American operations.

Next comes Shantanu Narayen, 46, at the helm at Adobe Systems. The diversified software company's flagship Internet video tool is Flash.

"At least one top boss of Indian descent is plotting a growth strategy," says Forbes of Quest Diagnostics' head Surya Mohapatra, fifth on the list. Mohapatra has raised $750 million from the capital markets for acquisitions.

Also featured are Dinesh Paliwal of Harman International, Jai P. Nagarkatti of Sigma-Aldrich and Abhijit Talwalkar of LSI.

Paliwal, a native of the city of the Taj Mahal, joined Harman, a sound-systems company in Stamford, Connecticut, as chief executive in 2007. Prior to that he spent 22 years at ABB Group and set up its operations in China and north Asia.

Nagarkatti joined Sigma-Aldrich in 1976 as a development chemist, and after heading the company's scientific research business was appointed COO, in August 2004.

Talwalkar was appointed chief executive of LSI of Milpitas, California, in May 2005. Earlier, he was at Intel's digital enterprise group. He joined Intel in 1993 after stints at Sequent Computer Systems (now part of IBM), Bipolar Integrated Technology Inc. and Lattice Semiconductor Inc.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/indians-abroad/Indians-are-head-and-shoulders-above-other-immigrants-in-US-Forbes/articleshow/5364740.cms

Offline david1967

• Senior JTFer
Re: Indians better than other immigrants in the US: Forbes
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 05:27:06 PM »
Oh, so that's why they're so arrogant!  I thought it's because they're big shots in the caste system? Don't those dots mean you're from a high caste?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »
Oh, so that's why they're so arrogant!  I thought it's because they're big shots in the caste system? Don't those dots mean you're from a high caste?

That's not how it is with that particular thing. They're called a bindi.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bindi_(decoration)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 05:44:59 PM »
I think Indians are better than most other immigrants too just as far as things like low criminal tendency and the ones that come here are certainly more intelligent than most of the immigrants that come in. I prefer European immigrants because I feel like I have more in common with them though.

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 06:21:44 PM »
Most ethnic groups that stress family unity tend to do very well economically.

Indians also believe in working hard, not asking for handouts.

India has produced some truly admirable people over the centuries.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 06:27:56 PM »
Oh, so that's why they're so ...

Do you exist on this site solely to attack Indians and dark skin?

Offline david1967

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 08:30:11 PM »
When you deal with Indians in a capacity where you serve them, then you are treated like an "untouchable" by them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 08:40:10 PM »
When you deal with Indians in a capacity where you serve them, then you are treated like an "untouchable" by them.

I work with many wonderful Indian men and women and have never had a problem with them. One of my Indian co-workers was a good friend of mine for five years and we went out to lunch and talked about politics for many years. I find that Indians are very smart and quick to learn. Im sorry that you have such a bad experience serving them...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline david1967

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 08:48:17 PM »
you said it, you "WORKED WITH THEM", SO YOU'RE CONSIDERED TO BE AN EQUAL BY THEM. 

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 10:08:20 PM »
Ughhh...  I think its absurd to generalize all Indian Americans based upon a caste system that their relatives practiced.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 10:24:25 PM »
Hindu Zionist, did you ever have a chance to "The Far Pavillions?"  I remember you asked me about it a while back. 

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 10:50:07 PM »
Indians are cool with me...but why do their neighborhoods smell like curry so damn much

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 12:05:35 AM »
Indians are cool with me...but why do their neighborhoods smell like curry so damn much

I FREAKEN LOVE CURRY!!!!!!!

Offline hyperion

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 12:07:15 AM »
I work with many wonderful Indian men and women and have never had a problem with them. One of my Indian co-workers was a good friend of mine for five years and we went out to lunch and talked about politics for many years. I find that Indians are very smart and quick to learn. Im sorry that you have such a bad experience serving them...

:::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 01:31:40 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 01:35:34 AM »
Depends on if they are Indian Hindus or Muzzie Nazis.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 01:39:43 AM »
I like Curry, too.....I have some in my kitchen.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 03:00:46 AM »
we may have followed the caste system in the past for a certain amount of time (specially when Aryan Crusaders propogated the myth that Aryans brought Hinduism in India), but that doesnt mean we believe in it or put it into practise. In the past, Many Native Americans were persecuted/enslaved by Europeans coming to Amercia, does that mean every Amercian with European heritage in US hates Native American?

Anyways, i am sorry that you had bad experience with some Indians.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 03:02:48 AM »
Hindu Zionist, did you ever have a chance to "The Far Pavillions?"  I remember you asked me about it a while back. 
I'm still looking for it, no luck so far. I read the plot, and its very interesting...

I FREAKEN LOVE CURRY!!!!!!!

i am bored of having it, been eating it since my life time ;D

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 10:37:31 AM »
we may have followed the caste system in the past for a certain amount of time (specially when Aryan Crusaders propogated the myth that Aryans brought Hinduism in India), but that doesnt mean we believe in it or put it into practise. In the past, Many Native Americans were persecuted/enslaved by Europeans coming to Amercia, does that mean every Amercian with European heritage in US hates Native American?

Anyways, i am sorry that you had bad experience with some Indians.

Yes, this is an important point.  I think what distinguishes Hinduism is how much they have progressed and become civilized from their uncivilized past.  Compare this with Islam which hasnt progressed at all... since its inhumanity and incivility is written-in and hard-coded into their Koranic verses.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 01:39:01 PM »
I think I know what he's talking about. There was this Indian family that came into the store where I worked one night. They would take shoes out, try them on, and then set the shoes down somewhere else, and throw the box down the aisle. Sometimes the two shoes would be in two different places, and nearly all were completely separated from the box. Some of the empty boxes were shoved into random places in the aisle, making them more difficult to find. On top of that they kept asking me to get shoes down for them from the top, which they would do the same thing to (try on, discard shoes one direction, empty box another direction).

Most customers that try on shoes will try on a few shoes at a time and will at least try to put the shoes they don't want back into the box and either put them back or leave them on the bench so we can put them back. I spent a long time getting all the shoes back into the correct boxes and trying to match up shoes.

They had a very nasty attitude too, sounded very entitled and haughty.

Maybe he had some experiences like that one that just set him off and that's why he's so angry.