Author Topic: Chaim should sing this song when he walks by the black guy to tease him back  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Good Idea  :laugh:

Moshe92

:::D :::D :::D :::D

Moshe92

Today, it seems strange that there was once a day when black people sang like that.  :laugh:

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Hmmm, I'd sing that song when slaving away at a job. "Tote that barge! Lift that bale!... Old man riveeeeer!" 

I'm a network engineer, so that makes it even more funny in a hyper-modern work setting.  :::D

I watched the whole thing, it was actually very enjoyable.  ;D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Thats 1000x more enjoyable than hip hop.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
He could actually sing unlike hip hop stars.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

The music was written by Jerome Kern, a Jew.

Most of the "black" music that became popular among whites was written by Jews. Even the melodies were taken not from African "music" (jungle noise), but from klei zemer (a mix of Eastern European Jewish and Middle Eastern Jewish music that is one of the main foundations for rock 'n roll).

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
That video clip was from the old 1936 "Show Boat" movie. It's filmed in black and white however it is well worth watching for the entertainment value. The acting and the music was so much better back then. It really is sad that regular TV no longer runs the old time movies like this on their late night broadcast time like they once did. I take movies like this with a grain of salt because the people who wrote the scripts were liberals of the first order and they were attempting to form an opinion in the viewers mind of oppressed blacks. F.D.R was in the White House and Eleanore spent most of her time with radical feminist and black civil rights activist. It was the early days of the so called black civil rights movement. Robeson who is singing "Old Man River" was a well known black activist and is said to have one of the largest F.B.I file of any entertainer ever.
Robeson sang the song as written whenever he appeared in a production of Show Boat, but in later recitals he made alterations to the lyrics to transform it from a song of black lament to one of defiance and perseverance
The entertainment value is great in old movies like this with actors like Hattie McDaniel and a few other big names but sadly the message conveyed is one the liberals of the time wanted instilled in the  mind of the American public.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Good response. I would have said Sittin on the Dock of the Bay by Ottis Retig.  I love the picture it paints.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Today, it seems strange that there was once a day when black people sang like that.  :laugh:

Yup Robeson was extremely talented.  I believe he was an excellent athlete also.  Unfortunately he became a Communist at some point or was blacklisted.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
I caught a bit of Walter Williams and Tom Sowell on Rush's show today.  They were talking about how before the minimum wage started Black unemployment was lower than that of Whites.  I think the real story of Black people is not so much that they are animals or whatever you want to call them but how easy it is to destroy the fabric of a society.  Welfare and the coarseness of popular culture has done more harm to Black people than the Grand Wizzard of the Ku Klux Klan could ever have hoped to do.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Moshe92

I caught a bit of Walter Williams and Tom Sowell on Rush's show today.  They were talking about how before the minimum wage started Black unemployment was lower than that of Whites.  I think the real story of Black people is not so much that they are animals or whatever you want to call them but how easy it is to destroy the fabric of a society.  Welfare and the coarseness of popular culture has done more harm to Black people than the Grand Wizzard of the Ku Klux Klan could ever have hoped to do.

Yes, but what does that have to do with my post? I wasn't laughing at black people. I was laughing at the thought of Chaim singing that song.

Moshe92

Yup Robeson was extremely talented.  I believe he was an excellent athlete also.  Unfortunately he became a Communist at some point or was blacklisted.

It says on wikipedia that he eulogized Josef Stalin. That's too bad because he was a great singer.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
בס''ד

The music was written by Jerome Kern, a Jew.

Most of the "black" music that became popular among whites was written by Jews. Even the melodies were taken not from African "music" (jungle noise), but from klei zemer (a mix of Eastern European Jewish and Middle Eastern Jewish music that is one of the main foundations for rock 'n roll).

Jerome Kern is one of my all time favorite composers.  He wrote "The Way You Look Tonight". One of my favorite lines was from the lyricist who later remarked, "The first time Jerry played that melody for me I went out and started to cry. The release absolutely killed me. I couldn't stop, it was so beautiful."  (Wikipedia)