Author Topic: Is Putin righteous??  (Read 1748 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Is Putin righteous??
« on: January 12, 2010, 12:10:12 PM »
Ive never trusted Putin, since he trades with Iran, and has even provided parts for their Nuke problem.  And of course he's utlimately a power-hungry despot, and Russia has a TERRIBLE history of marginalizing the Jews.

BUT something has stood out in the last year.  Something strange.

Was reading Putin-controlled Pravda http://english.pravda.ru/ (former Soviet propoganda vehicle) and it seems to be starting to resemble right wing thinking more and more.  Its become anti-communist, anti-Muslim, and even PRO-ISRAEL.  Strange from a country with so many Muslims.

Is it possible that Putin is more righteous that we would give him credit for?   (Just asking, dont get mad at me for bringing this up)

Go to http://english.pravda.ru/topic/muslims-694/

The title of the articles are striking:

Like:

Pompous Mosques and Tall Minarets Challenge Other Religions?

or

Muslims continue to conquer the world

THe funny thing is, their articles USED to be pro-Islam.  Its a 180 degree change.  Look at the articles they have on Islam... and the older they are, the more pro-Muslim they are, and the newer they are, the more anti-muslim they are.

And plenty of pro-Israel articles as well.

They really seem to be empathizing with the Dutch and Swiss Muslim problems.  And there have been several articles showing Russia's strong relationship with Israel?

I know that first and foremost, Putin wants control; but I just wonder where he stands on zionism and Islam.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Is Putin righteous??
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 01:03:51 PM »
It is very typical for Russian since the Soviet era and  possibly before that, to be very suspicious and paranoid toward their allies while at the same time having very extensive strategic relations with them. China is the ultimate example for this dichotomy.

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 02:52:04 PM »
Putin understands that to be a world power means pushing ahead regardless of world opinion.

America needs leaders who understand that its better to be feared and respected, rather then just respected.

So dose Israel, for that matter.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 07:55:26 PM »
I will not EVER EVER EVER trust Russians, EVER.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Moshe92

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 08:06:10 PM »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 08:06:57 PM »
That makes two of us!!
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 08:52:54 PM »
Russia only watches out for Russia...So for Russians, Russia is being righteous...

and if Israel and the Jews were the same, I would also be happy...Jews and Israel should be for Jews and Israel first...perhaps we can learn something from Putin in that sense.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 09:10:59 PM »
Russia only watches out for Russia...So for Russians, Russia is being righteous...

and if Israel and the Jews were the same, I would also be happy...Jews and Israel should be for Jews and Israel first...perhaps we can learn something from Putin in that sense.

That's what I'm saying.

Stop copying me!  (Just kidding)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 09:44:31 PM »
Putin is a brutal tyrant in the mold of Stalin. He hasn't killed 1/4 of the adult population like Stalin but his heart is the same. He cares about old Soviet Russia above anything else, and is as anti-Semitic as they come.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 10:03:08 PM »
Yes I agree that he is untrustworthy and ultimately a dictator.  However, I am curious about this sudden change in stance towards Islam and Israel.  I'm completely in shock about it.  I used to hate Pravda.ru but now I'm starting to read it more and more; and even agree with a lot of the stuff.  I'ts kinda scary.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 01:56:08 AM »
I think this was one of the changes and transformations that BHO promised to be brought.
:beast:  ;D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 06:08:19 AM »
No. I don't think any leader is righteous.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 01:15:37 PM »
Yes I agree that he is untrustworthy and ultimately a dictator.  However, I am curious about this sudden change in stance towards Islam and Israel.  I'm completely in shock about it.  I used to hate Pravda.ru but now I'm starting to read it more and more; and even agree with a lot of the stuff.  I'ts kinda scary.

I don't understand why are you surprised. Words mean nothing to the soviets and now the neo-soviets who run the Kremlin. It is very typical for these Russian to switch their rhetoric as the wind changes.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 02:20:23 PM »
Pro-Israel? What?

http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/28-12-2009/111427-bible_israel-0

Yeah, I too am skeptical about Pravda's pro-Israel bend. Show me a real pro-Israel article.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 02:43:36 PM »
                                                                בס"ד

Just a Slavic Hitler.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 04:11:14 PM »

Russians will say and do anything that convinces the gullible and lulls the suspicious. Non Russians should always keep that in the back of their minds when dealing with them.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 06:00:29 PM »
That makes two of us!!

Russia-SNEAKY, anti-semitic Jew hating G-d hating, evil loving slimes.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 06:58:21 PM »

Russians will say and do anything that convinces the gullible and lulls the suspicious. Non Russians should always keep that in the back of their minds when dealing with them.

Yes I agree.  Their media is first and foremost a propagandist machine.  Unfortunately, its working on me; I keep going back to that site.  But I take it with a grain of salt.