Author Topic: The Courage Award Goes to...Michael Vick?  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
The Courage Award Goes to...Michael Vick?
« on: January 14, 2010, 07:07:24 PM »
http://www.care2.com/causes/animal-welfare/blog/the-courage-award-goes-to-michael-vick/

Ed Block was considered a hero. He served in World War II, was awarded a Purple Heart, earned a master’s degree and worked to help neglected children and end the cycle of abuse.

The Ed Block Courage Award is now given to NFL players who show “commitments to the principles of sportsmanship and courage.”

The recipient of this award symbolizes professionalism, great strength and dedication.  He is also a community role model.  With this honor, he enters into an association which contrasts his fierce profession by becoming a major component of the Courage House National Support Network for Kids. He becomes an Ambassador of Courage for victims of abuse, violence and neglect.

In December members of the Eagles voted unanimously for Michael Vick to be the recipient of this prestigious award.

Huh?

This award of especially insulting considering recent evidence that was released by the USDA to wsbtv.com under the Freedom of Information Act in regards to Vick’s investigation.

Informants told investigators that Vick and two others strangled low performing dogs by hanging them from trees, drowning them in buckets of water -- one person holding the hind legs, another person holding the dog's head. They said Vick and two others also killed dogs with a shovel, shot them and in at least one case slammed a dog to the ground until it was dead.Vick and co-defendants Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips "seemed to get an adrenaline high when killing the dogs," an informant said.

An award of this caliber is intended to put the recipient in a place where he can give a voice to the voiceless. It's intended to acknowledge a quality in human beings that we can all reach to attain. It was never intended to stroke the egos of hypocrites. Vick did exactly the type of thing Block took a stand against: abusing the weak and the innocent.

Congratulations to all of the other recipients who have overcome real obstacles and have become role models, like the Jacksonville Jaguars’ Richard Collier who was paralyzed as the result of a spinal cord injury, lost a leg and has since dedicated himself to being a speaker and role model for his area’s youth about personal responsibility and hopes to inspire positive changes.

Now that’s courage.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: The Courage Award Goes to...Michael Vick?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 07:09:09 PM »
Insanity
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:20:35 PM »
Didn't Vick go to jail?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:33:45 PM by pennyjangle »
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 07:21:53 PM »
Didn't Vick get go to jail?

Yeah, just for a brief period.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 08:34:26 PM »
Money talks.
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 01:20:18 AM »
Considering some of the human trash that's on the Philadelphia Eagles roster,   it's not shocking that they voted for Michael Vick to win the team's Ed Block Award.   

Like the article that Confederate Kahanist posted mentioned,    there have been many winners of the Ed Block Award,   present and past who were deserving of the honor.      The Eagles players got what they deserved by getting hammered by the Dallas Cowboys in the first round of the playoffs.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 05:27:14 AM »
He might have done teshuva for all we know.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 06:06:13 AM »
Dude, no offense but honestly the amount of pity that you have on baboon savage athletes gets tiresome at times. Eichmann might have done teshuva for all we know too. Not.

As for this award, I am not surprised at all. If Yasser Arafat can get the Nobel "Peace" Prize, then anyone else can get a similar award too.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 06:14:17 AM »
Dude, no offense but honestly the amount of pity that you have on baboon savage athletes gets tiresome at times. Eichmann might have done teshuva for all we know too. Not.

As for this award, I am not surprised at all. If Yasser Arafat can get the Nobel "Peace" Prize, then anyone else can get a similar award too.
I don't give a sht that he's an athlete, he's not in the same league as terrorists, jew-haters, or leftists. He's simply a guy that used to do dog fighting. There are worse people in the world, Brennan.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 06:15:42 AM »
Seriously man? You don't think that a negro beast like himself is also a Jew-hater?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 06:18:18 AM »
Seriously man? You don't think that a negro beast like himself is also a Jew-hater?
I hate negroes as much as the next guy, but I'll only argue against pure evidence. To this point, there is no evidence he hates Jews, even though the odds are he does, but odds ain't proof. He is what he is - - -  a cotton picking, drug dealing, white woman banging, dog-fighting sand [censored] - - -  but I'd rather have him as Pissident that Hitler Obama.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 06:23:17 AM »
How is that exactly? As evil as BHO is, I don't think he has stooped to physical violence or murder. I guarantee you Vick has also battered/raped/

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 06:26:01 AM »
How is that exactly? As evil as BHO is, I don't think he has stooped to physical violence or murder. I guarantee you Vick has also battered/raped/
BHO is a Muslim....his very existence is death upon us. Plus he's stopping Jewish settlement building which does kill Jews in more ways than one. If Vick has committed other crimes, it would be all over the news. People just LOVE to incriminate athletes.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 06:41:48 AM »
Michael Vick should have to fight vicious dogs for his life after being bathed in BBQ sauce.

If he has reached teshuvah, mazel tov...  an enormous shift in the power of the universe must have taken place.

If not... it would be a real tragedy if some bigger football player, who loves dogs, tackled him in a way which ended his career, and livelihood.

No animal is as naturally loyal as a dog.  Dogs were the very first animal to be domesticated, and their friendship is the most one-sided and devoted one man has in his favor.

There are far worse things you can be than an animal abuser...  but it shows such an especially disturbing lack of sympathy to go out of your way to attack an animal.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 12:21:04 PM »

I don't give a sht that he's an athlete, he's not in the same league as terrorists, jew-haters, or leftists. He's simply a guy that used to do dog fighting. There are worse people in the world, Brennan.

Anyone who would be that cruel to dogs would probably do the same to humans.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 12:23:10 PM »
I hate negroes as much as the next guy, but I'll only argue against pure evidence. To this point, there is no evidence he hates Jews, even though the odds are he does, but odds ain't proof. He is what he is - - -  a cotton picking, drug dealing, white woman banging, dog-fighting sand shvartza - - -  but I'd rather have him as Pissident that Hitler Obama.

the guy should be put to death, you need your head chacking for even slightly backing up this savage...this is not a pc organization you know...

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 12:23:43 PM »
The NFL has become so politically correct it is nauseating.  Ray Lewis was involved in the murder of 2 young men and he never paid any price at all.  Michael Vick is some kind of role model now?  He has stayed out of trouble but I am not aware of him doing any good deeds.  I will be willing to be educated if I am wrong on that.  Then we had the Rush Limbaugh fiasco with the ownership of the Rams.  I am going to cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket next season and watch a lot fewer games.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 01:02:43 PM »
He committed a sin, no question. But I commit sins, too, does that mean I should be put to death?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 01:07:17 PM »
If I were an animal activist, I would raise hell...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 01:46:16 PM »
What a joke? First Obama gets the Nobel Prize and now Michael Vick gets the "Courage" Award.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »
What a joke? First Obama gets the Nobel Prize and now Michael Vick gets the "Courage" Award.

:::D :::D :::D It takes a lot of courage to kill animals and then go on TV every week as if nothing happened hahaha. As far as Hitler winning the Nobel Prize, what else do you expect for the media's baby?