Author Topic: I might have affirmative action stories  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
I might have affirmative action stories
« on: January 19, 2010, 01:50:55 PM »
I seem to be getting a new tenant named Keisha, and I have never heard of a White person with that name.  I have never met her. I own a home up in the Sierra foothills and there are a group of young people living there (in this market you really have to lower your standards if you want rent).  One of the guys moved out and she is moving in to replace him.

Of course nobody bothered to tell me about this change until after several months which I didn't appreciate.  I asked that she fill out an application which she did that was pretty short on information.  I called one of her references and he said she was a good tenant and also mentioned that she was a massage threrapist.  It did concern me that my home was being converted into a house of ill repute but I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that her massages don't inlcude happy endings.

Anyway, this home is in a gated community and only owners and documented tenants get cards to get in the gate, others have to wait at the gate where a security guard has to let them in based on an owner or resident providing permission.  Apparently her roommates were having problems remembering to put her on the list so she became motivated to become an official tenant.

Last Friday she called me during the day to ask what was happening with her tenancy.  I had frankly done nothing since she had already been living there for months there seemed to be no urgency and I am pretty busy in general.  I told her that I would start the process to get her officially on the lease.  That night (or the next morning) at 1:30 AM my cell phone rings.  I see it was her and ignore it.  It rings again and I picked up figuring it might be an emergency.  The guard at the gate was not letting her in and she wanted me to tell them to let her in.  I did but told her roommate to make clear to her (maybe her Ebonics is better than mine) that I am not to be called in the middle of the night unless the house is burning down or some equivalent emergency.

I always say and believe that people should be judged as individuals, not as members of a race.  I still believe that but the prospect of a Black tenant who has shown herself to be a jerk, on an individual basis, puts that philosophy to the test.  We'll see how I do.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Re: I might have affirmative action stories
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:59:57 PM »
I enjoyed that read for some strange reason.  :o
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Re: I might have affirmative action stories
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 06:03:10 PM »
I seem to be getting a new tenant named Keisha, and I have never heard of a White person with that name.  I have never met her. I own a home up in the Sierra foothills and there are a group of young people living there (in this market you really have to lower your standards if you want rent).  One of the guys moved out and she is moving in to replace him.

Of course nobody bothered to tell me about this change until after several months which I didn't appreciate.  I asked that she fill out an application which she did that was pretty short on information.  I called one of her references and he said she was a good tenant and also mentioned that she was a massage threrapist.  It did concern me that my home was being converted into a house of ill repute but I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that her massages don't inlcude happy endings.

Anyway, this home is in a gated community and only owners and documented tenants get cards to get in the gate, others have to wait at the gate where a security guard has to let them in based on an owner or resident providing permission.  Apparently her roommates were having problems remembering to put her on the list so she became motivated to become an official tenant.

Last Friday she called me during the day to ask what was happening with her tenancy.  I had frankly done nothing since she had already been living there for months there seemed to be no urgency and I am pretty busy in general.  I told her that I would start the process to get her officially on the lease.  That night (or the next morning) at 1:30 AM my cell phone rings.  I see it was her and ignore it.  It rings again and I picked up figuring it might be an emergency.  The guard at the gate was not letting her in and she wanted me to tell them to let her in.  I did but told her roommate to make clear to her (maybe her Ebonics is better than mine) that I am not to be called in the middle of the night unless the house is burning down or some equivalent emergency.

I always say and believe that people should be judged as individuals, not as members of a race.  I still believe that but the prospect of a Black tenant who has shown herself to be a jerk, on an individual basis, puts that philosophy to the test.  We'll see how I do.

Sounds like they are being a pest.

I locked myself out my own home when it was freezing at 4am, the SFV valley can get COLD at night...  I was in my pajamas w/ no shirt...  I stayed outside doing yoga for hours to stay warm until it was 9am, I figured it was late enough I could knock my my landlords door for an extra key. - This was still early, but my landlord at the time and I were on good terms.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein