Author Topic: How I Hate the smell of Pork Ribs  (Read 5109 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
How I Hate the smell of Pork Ribs
« on: January 21, 2010, 01:55:13 PM »
Im sorry for being off topic but this afternoon I am really hating on the smell of pork ribs... Where I work there is a cafeteria and today they are serving pork ribs... I would have loved to have them, they smell SOOO GOOD! If I weren't so careful I might accidentally find myself chowing on some... But I must withhold this desire, against the delicious smell which is emmited from the cafeteria...

I wish I didn't have to be tortured like this... If only I was working at a kosher company...

I know, everyone will tell me to move to Israel and find a religious community.... I wish I could do this, and it is in my long term plans...

Meanwhile I suffer the delicious smell of pork ribs...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: How I Hate the smell of Pork Ribs
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »
I'm sorry you're having to suffer like this Muman. Don't begrudge other people their happiness though because it's not forbidden for them.

Do you think maybe this is a test from God and your will to resist will be honored?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:17:53 PM »
I'm sorry you're having to suffer like this Muman. Don't begrudge other people their happiness though because it's not forbidden for them.

Do you think maybe this is a test from G-d and your will to resist will be honored?

I am not angry at them for eating it.... As you said, I am being tested... I accept that...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 02:43:37 PM »
Have some beef ribs my friend!!!!!!!!!
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 02:53:31 PM »
Have some beef ribs my friend!!!!!!!!!

Mmmmmm sounds good...

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 03:00:19 PM »
There's actually a trade show that focuses on kosher foods.  I think it's called Kosherfest.  Maybe you should try and go to it. 

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 03:15:42 PM »
Im sorry for being off topic but this afternoon I am really hating on the smell of pork ribs... Where I work there is a cafeteria and today they are serving pork ribs... I would have loved to have them, they smell SOOO GOOD! If I weren't so careful I might accidentally find myself chowing on some... But I must withhold this desire, against the delicious smell which is emmited from the cafeteria...

I wish I didn't have to be tortured like this... If only I was working at a kosher company...

I know, everyone will tell me to move to Israel and find a religious community.... I wish I could do this, and it is in my long term plans...

Bro, I have a McDonalds down the block. Some days, the second I walk outside, I smell the delicious stuff and am tempted. Every day. Right on the block. I know exactly what you mean.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »
I go through the same exact thing everyday. Just think about the reward for refusing this type of food.
What smells and taste good is the most horrible stuff.  Everytime I feel "hungry" or the desire to munch on something I just have a few full glasses of water and some sunflower seeds

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 04:25:53 PM »
Can't you fix and prepare kosher beef ribs at home?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 04:31:56 PM »
Yeah . U wanna come over for some?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:40:46 PM by Mo2388 »

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 04:35:31 PM »
I go through the same exact thing everyday. Just think about the reward for refusing this type of food.
What smells and taste good is the most horrible stuff.  Everytime I feel "hungry" or the desire to munch on something I just have a few full glasses of water and some sunflower seeds

What you mentioned reminds me of what former Buffalo Bills player and long time ESPN Football Announcer Paul Maguire said after he had a heart attack and realized he couldn't continue his previous eating regime:

http://www.wrightsvillebeachmagazine.com/articlesearch.asp?aid=167&iid=31&sud=27&terms=Landfall

Determining whether a food was allowed or verboten was pretty simple, Maguire said: Take a bite. If it tastes good, spit it out.

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 04:42:02 PM »

What you mentioned reminds me of what former Buffalo Bills player and long time ESPN Football Announcer Paul Maguire said after he had a heart attack and realized he couldn't continue his previous eating regime:

http://www.wrightsvillebeachmagazine.com/articlesearch.asp?aid=167&iid=31&sud=27&terms=Landfall

Determining whether a food was allowed or verboten was pretty simple, Maguire said: Take a bite. If it tastes good, spit it out.

Kosher food is good, some of it REALLY good, some of it REALLY REALLY good....u get the point. But if I want to eat quickly for 99 cents or something like that, kosher food can't help me.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 04:50:01 PM »
Mo2388,    one suggestion is to ask Chaim on an upcoming "  Ask JTF" program about what he does.    Chaim has mentioned many times that he's on the move during the day and that he's health conscious,   in addition to eating only Kosher Food.     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 04:50:58 PM »
Mo2388,    one suggestion is to ask Chaim on an upcoming "  Ask JTF" program about what he does.    Chaim has mentioned many times that he's on the move during the day and that he's health conscious,   in addition to eating only Kosher Food.     

I keep strict kosher, Baruch Hashem. But I miss and crave the treif I used to devour.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 04:51:43 PM »
You're not Jewish; why do you need to resist unkosher food?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 04:56:09 PM »
You're not Jewish; why do you need to resist unkosher food?

I think he means resisting bad food i.e. unhealthy.

Offline jdamn

• Junior JTFer
    • The Force of Reason
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 05:06:37 PM »
I can't stand that.  Beef is worse.  I've been a vegetarian since I was a kid.  A lot counterjihadists worship pork and pigs.  They're smart animals, but they're gross, too.  I think Jews have it right on the issue of pigs.  You should tolerate them and not be insane about them like Mohammedans, and even use them to sniff for bombs and truffles and stuff because they're cool like that, but don't eat them.  They roll around in their own [censored].  If you eat that you'll pretty much eat anything. 
"Fight for human rights. Kill terrorists." - Col. Ralph Peters http://theforceofreason.com/

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 06:17:01 PM »

Beef ribs can be done up nice and they are just as tasty as the pork ones.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 06:31:06 PM »
I think he means resisting bad food i.e. unhealthy.
He implied that it's wrong for him to eat pork. I am pretty sure MuslimSlayer is a Catholic, so I don't know why this would be.

I await his response.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 06:39:50 PM »
Not non kosher foods. But Fatty foods like pork / burgers french fries stuff like that. So I can relate.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 06:41:26 PM »
Not a catholic at all either. I've pretty much have grown up secular. 

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 06:52:25 PM »
I gave up pork more than 15 years ago when I only had the very slight idea about converting. Afterwards, when I started the conversion process I tried to keep strict kosher as far as I could. I even baked my own bread. Now it's more than 5 five years since I decided to remain a Gentile. I don't keep kosher (shechitah, Melichah, Hashgacha) but I still avoid pork and shellfish ( and all animals declared impure by the Torah). I know that Law does not apply to me. I wonder if it has any sense now. But I keep it for two personal reasons:
1- Western society rejects nearly all non-kosher animals (reptiles, horse, insects, rats) but accepts pigs. Why eating only one while we reject all others? Perhaps it has to do with anti-semitism? Perhaps Christian Europeans just accepted pork not to seem Jewish....
2- I have heard that what we eat influences our mind. Perhaps it only applies to Jews. Perhaps it's only forbidden to Jews but can affect also a Gentile mind, only that it's not a sin for him. If the latter is the case, I certainly don't want my mind to be changed after 15 years.
Now, Muman, you are a Jew, your soul is infinetely more worthy than the pleasure of eating some forbidden food that you may imagine tasty. It's easier to abstain from pork than to abstain from other temptations. Noahides are forbidden sexual immorality. And what about a man strongly in love with a forbidden woman, or a gay or lesbian? Your temptation is one of easiest to overcome. You are not alone. Everyone faces stronger temptations than that. And if you feel weak, pray the psalms and turn to H" Baruch Hu. If you eat pork, chas veShalom, you will not only sin, your mind and body with be contaminated with something incompatible with your Neshama. It's horrible to feel that your body, soul and brain is partly constituted by something contrary to your own being!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 06:58:56 PM »
I gave up pork more than 15 years ago when I only had the very slight idea about converting. Afterwards, when I started the conversion process I tried to keep strict kosher as far as I could. I even baked my own bread. Now it's more than 5 five years since I decided to remain a Gentile. I don't keep kosher (shechitah, Melichah, Hashgacha) but I still avoid pork and shellfish ( and all animals declared impure by the Torah). I know that Law does not apply to me. I wonder if it has any sense now. But I keep it for two personal reasons:
1- Western society rejects nearly all non-kosher animals (reptiles, horse, insects, rats) but accepts pigs. Why eating only one while we reject all others? Perhaps it has to do with anti-semitism? Perhaps Christian Europeans just accepted pork not to seem Jewish....
2- I have heard that what we eat influences our mind. Perhaps it only applies to Jews. Perhaps it's only forbidden to Jews but can affect also a Gentile mind, only that it's not a sin for him. If the latter is the case, I certainly don't want my mind to be changed after 15 years.
Now, Muman, you are a Jew, your soul is infinetely more worthy than the pleasure of eating some forbidden food that you may imagine tasty. It's easier to abstain from pork than to abstain from other temptations. Noahides are forbidden sexual immorality. And what about a man strongly in love with a forbidden woman, or a gay or lesbian? Your temptation is one of easiest to overcome. You are not alone. Everyone faces stronger temptations than that. And if you feel weak, pray the psalms and turn to H" Baruch Hu. If you eat pork, chas veShalom, you will not only sin, your mind and body with be contaminated with something incompatible with your Neshama. It's horrible to feel that your body, soul and brain is partly constituted by something contrary to your own being!
Actually, non-kosher food is my biggest temptation? Why? Because unlike "sexual experiences", I will never be able to eat treif again. At least sexually, I will be married one day. That's why my tyva for treif is greater than giluy arayos.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 07:04:03 PM »
Not non kosher foods. But Fatty foods like pork / burgers french fries stuff like that. So I can relate.
Chaim will disagree but I think it's important to point out that there are different kinds of fat: trans fat (horrible, evil stuff, it's basically Vaseline, it stays in your arteries forever and is what causes the majority of heart attacks/strokes), saturated fat (animal fat; not necessarily bad, but very rich and full of calories), polyunsaturated fat (liquid soybean/corn/canola, etc. oil, which isn't unhealthy, but doesn't particularly help your body out either), and monounsaturated fat (olive and fish oil, which is great for your heart and brain and fights aging).

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 07:05:50 PM »
You, Jews, have something a million of times better than any food. You have the Shabbat (which if forbidden to us). Keeping Shabbat properly, saying the Kidush, feeling the unification of Sephirah Malchus with the other six Sephirot which are in the Jewish soul (seven of the ten Sephitot are inside your souls), thus bieng able to feel beyond time and space, it's all much worth than an ephimerous pleasure of eating treif. Be strong and protect your Neshamot!