Author Topic: Jewish Teen's Tefillin Diverts US Airways Flight 3709 From LaGuardia  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Jewish Teen's Tefillin Diverts US Airways Flight 3709 From LaGuardia
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 02:01:39 PM »
This shows how very little the main public knows about Jewish people.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:54:34 PM »

Exactly what I was thinking.... Don't the school systems teach people what religious Jewish people do? I thought that there was supposed to be some kind of education of people in this area...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 03:17:29 PM »
It's so funny because everybody in airport security knows what tefillin is. Yet, the crew on the plane has no idea. What a joke.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »
You know what? I BET $ that this pilot is a Jew hating anti-semitic.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 03:23:05 PM »
You know what? I BET $ that this pilot is a Jew hating anti-semitic.

If anything he was a self-hating Jew. I don't believe these people never saw tefilin on a plane before.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 04:52:41 PM »
I can promise you that nobody would have stopped the flight if a Muslim camelrapist wore a filthy turban onboard the plane.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 06:06:34 PM »

Exactly what I was thinking.... Don't the school systems teach people what religious Jewish people do?

Uhhh, no.  And why would they?

Reform Jewish schools don't even teach people what religious Jewish people do.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »

Exactly what I was thinking.... Don't the school systems teach people what religious Jewish people do?

There aught to be a Jewish Pride week every year, just like how there is a AfricanAmerican week every year... During this time they should teach the children about the Jewish religion and Jewish history. Why is there a black history month and not a Jewish history month?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 06:14:13 PM »

There aught to be a Jewish Pride week every year, just like how there is a AfricanAmerican week every year... During this time they should teach the children about the Jewish religion and Jewish history. Why is there a black history month and not a Jewish history month?

Because everybody hates the Jews. This is an airport security issue. For that reason alone people, especially those employed by airport or airlines, should know about tefilin. It's so common, it's constantly going through security, and people wear them on airports/planes etc. If I weren't Jewish, I'd want the people in charge of flying to be aware of tefilin. It's crazy that they don't - - - from a pure security perspective.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 06:24:33 PM »

Because we are not losers.  We don't need handouts and special treatment.   We are temporary guests in a foreign land and we know we don't belong there.   There is enough assimilation and intermarriage, we don't need more messages that we are rooted in galut, God forbid.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 06:36:29 PM »
Hopefully the 17 year old and his sister are ok from a mental standpoint after what occurred earlier today.       What happened was something they couldn't possibly be prepared for.     

It sounds like the Flight Crew really dropped the ball with this.    At the very least,   they should have contacted someone on the ground who could have either confirmed the 17 year old's story or done research to comfirm his story.     

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 06:56:58 PM »
The worse part of the picture is that it was a flight out of New York of all places. I would think that the airlines would have educated their people better about things like this. Honestly the average non Jew would not even know what tefilin are. This is most likely what caused the situation.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »
The worse part of the picture is that it was a flight out of New York of all places. I would think that the airlines would have educated their people better about things like this. Honestly the average non Jew would not even know what tefilin are. This is most likely what caused the situation.

The crew was probably a southern crew, typical goy hicks who were raised on farms and know only of Christianity.  But from a security perspective, they should know. I find it hard to believe that they never saw a Jew put on tefilin in an airport or on an airplane or that they don't learn in an airline personnel course that , "these are tefilin. Jews will put them on everywhere except the bathroom. Do not be alarmed or afraid"....something along those lines.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 07:38:05 PM »

You would think that after they talked to the kid, and he showed them that he isn't a threat at all, that they'd simply shrug, say "okay, our mistake" and carry on with the flight, why the obtuse decision to abort the flight? There's something else going on here, a decision was made to take the opportunity to make an example or send a message, maybe a little ass kissing to the muslims, hey look muslims, we've diverted a flight over a Jew!? See? Do you like?  >:(
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 08:32:25 PM »

You would think that after they talked to the kid, and he showed them that he isn't a threat at all, that they'd simply shrug, say "okay, our mistake" and carry on with the flight, why the obtuse decision to abort the flight? There's something else going on here, a decision was made to take the opportunity to make an example or send a message, maybe a little donkey kissing to the muslims, hey look muslims, we've diverted a flight over a Jew!? See? Do you like?  >:(

Hey, maybe the kid wasn't really Jewish and was just an actor with some girl pretending to be his sister . They staged it to make the muzzies feel good :o :o :o. INSIDE JOB!! where's the blackbox?  :::D :::D :::D :::D Seriously, what kind of a frum Jew goes to Kentucky from NEW YORK anyways, lol.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 08:37:44 PM »
What is a nice Jewish boy doing in Kentucky anyway? Are there any Jews in Kentucky?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 08:40:55 PM »
What is a nice Jewish boy doing in Kentucky anyway? Are there any Jews in Kentucky?

I'm sure there are, but the point still stands.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 08:51:49 PM »

You would think that after they talked to the kid, and he showed them that he isn't a threat at all, that they'd simply shrug, say "okay, our mistake" and carry on with the flight, why the obtuse decision to abort the flight? There's something else going on here, a decision was made to take the opportunity to make an example or send a message, maybe a little donkey kissing to the muslims, hey look muslims, we've diverted a flight over a Jew!? See? Do you like?  >:(

Hey, maybe the kid wasn't really Jewish and was just an actor with some girl pretending to be his sister . They staged it to make the muzzies feel good :o :o :o. INSIDE JOB!! where's the blackbox?  :::D :::D :::D :::D Seriously, what kind of a frum Jew goes to Kentucky from NEW YORK anyways, lol.

Honest truth, I bet I'd prefer Kentucky over New York! Fresh air, open spaces, civilized people, no traffic, no crowds, more freedom. I think I'd love it.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 09:05:12 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if many passengers and crew thought that they were Muslims!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 09:39:22 PM »

Honest truth, I bet I'd prefer Kentucky over New York! Fresh air, open spaces, civilized people, no traffic, no crowds, more freedom. I think I'd love it.
If I weren't frum or Jewish, I'd probably say the same thing, except my dad lives in NY.

Moshe92

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 10:58:18 PM »
I was once waiting in a security line for a plane, and the one person they pulled over for a full-body scan was a young woman with a Magen David necklace.  >:(

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 11:10:39 PM »

According to the following site,   there were around 8,500 Jews in Louisville,  KY in 1991:

http://www.jewishdatabank.org/study.asp?sid=90028&tp=2
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 02:18:07 AM »

Exactly what I was thinking.... Don't the school systems teach people what religious Jewish people do? I thought that there was supposed to be some kind of education of people in this area...

I never heard of it or many other things until I got online. There aren't very many Jewish people around here, at least not ones that make it obvious. It's not like I live in New York. Every once in a while I'll see a man with a skull cap but it's pretty rare. They never taught us much about Judaism in public school either except that it was one of the monotheistic faiths. It was a minor subject in social studies.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 04:19:38 AM »
New Yorker:  You are so perceptive!  That's what it is!