Author Topic: Google: Search for “Jew” Brings Disturbing Results  (Read 3886 times)

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Google: Search for “Jew” Brings Disturbing Results
« on: January 21, 2010, 02:14:33 PM »
The Google Corporation recently explained why a search for the word “Jew” brings antisemitic results.

“If you recently searched in Google for the word "Jew", perhaps you saw disturbing results. We promise you that Google does not stand in any way behind the views expressed by the sites appearing in your search results. We want to explain why you see these results during the search.”

“Anyone looking for information about Jews or the Jewish people, probably enters terms like "Judaism," Jewish People" or "Jews". The results that appear are usually relevant and useful. What changed, then, for "Jew"? The word "Jew" is often used in an antisemitic context and has become charged linguistically. Even Jewish organizations prefer to use the word "Jewish" when they talk about members of their own faith.”
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/179018
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Google: Search for “Jew” Brings Disturbing Results
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »
Google is insane whats wrong with Jew ?google again shows it's pro muzzie sympathy
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 03:27:51 PM »
Is there anything else that you would expect out of the corporate world?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 03:30:11 PM »
I was on Pal Talk one time and someone got very upset when I said the word Jew. I asked him why and he said only Jews can say Jew. It was kind of silly, I thought. He said to him it was like the N word. I still don't understand what he meant by that, it didn't make a lot of sense to me. He demanded that everyone call him a Hebrew.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 03:32:55 PM »
I was on Pal Talk one time and someone got very upset when I said the word Jew. I asked him why and he said only Jews can say Jew. It was kind of silly, I thought. He said to him it was like the N word. I still don't understand what he meant by that, it didn't make a lot of sense to me. He demanded that everyone call him a Hebrew.

There is nothing demeaning in the word Jew... The word comes from yehudi, as in the tribe of Yehuda.... The hebrew word Hodu means Thankfulness and gratefulness.... The Jewish people are a compassionate people, this is the meaning of the word Jew.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jew
The Jews (Hebrew: יְהוּדִים‎, Yehudim), also known as the Jewish people, are an ethnoreligious group originating in the Israelites or Hebrews of the Ancient Near East. The Jewish ethnicity, nationality, and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the traditional faith of the Jewish nation.[5][6][7] Converts to Judaism, whose status as Jews within the Jewish ethnos is equal to those born into it, have been absorbed into the Jewish people throughout the millennia.

In Jewish tradition, Jewish ancestry is traced to the Biblical patriarchs Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the second millennium B.C.E.. The Jews have enjoyed three periods of political autonomy in their national homeland, the Land of Israel, twice during ancient history, and currently once again, since 1948, with the establishment of the modern State of Israel. The first of the two ancient eras spanned from 1350 to 586 B.C.E., and encompassed the periods of the Judges, the United Monarchy, and the Divided Monarchy of the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah, ending with the destruction of the First Temple. The second era was the period of the Hasmonean Kingdom spanning from 140 to 37 B.C.E.. Since the destruction of the First Temple, the diaspora has been the home of most of the world's Jews.[8] Except in the modern State of Israel, Jews are a minority in every country in which they live, and they have frequently experienced persecution throughout history, resulting in a population that fluctuated both in numbers and distribution over the centuries.

According to the Jewish Agency for Israel, as of 2007 there were 13.2 million Jews worldwide, 5.4 million of whom lived in Israel, 5.3 million in the United States, and the remainder distributed in communities of varying sizes around the world; this represents 0.2% of the current estimated world population.[1] (Other sources cite higher estimates. For example, the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics estimates the number of Israeli Jews to be 5.6 million and the U.S. Census Bureau estimates the American Jewish population to be as many as 6.4 million.[2][3]) These numbers include all those who consider themselves Jews whether or not affiliated with a Jewish organization.[9] The total world Jewish population, however, is difficult to measure. In addition to halakhic considerations, there are secular, political, and ancestral identification factors in defining who is a Jew that increase the figure considerably.[9]

The English word Jew continues Middle English Gyw, Iewe, a loan from Old French giu, earlier juieu, ultimately from Latin Iudaeum. The Latin Iudaeus simply means Judaean, "from the land of Judaea". The Latin term itself, like the corresponding Greek Ἰουδαῖος, is a loan from Aramaic Y'hūdāi, corresponding to Hebrew: יְהוּדִי‎, Yehudi (sg.); יְהוּדִים, Yehudim (pl.), in origin the term for a member of the tribe of Judah or the people of the kingdom of Judah. The Hebrew word for Jew, יְהוּדִי, is pronounced [jəhuˈdiː], with the stress on the final syllable.[10]

The Ladino name is ג׳ודיו, Djudio (sg.); ג׳ודיוס, Djudios (pl.); Yiddish: ייִד: Yid (sg.); ייִדן, Yidn (pl.).

The etymological equivalent is in use in other languages, e.g., "Jude" in German, "juif" in French, "jøde" in Danish, "judío" in Spanish, etc., but derivations of the word "Hebrew" are also in use to describe a Jewish person, e.g., in Italian (Ebreo), and Russian: Еврей, (Yevrey).[11] The German word "Jude" is pronounced [ˈjuːdə], and is the origin of the word Yiddish.[12] (See Jewish ethnonyms for a full overview.)

According to the The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition (2000):

It is widely recognized that the attributive use of the noun Jew, in phrases such as Jew lawyer or Jew ethics, is both vulgar and highly offensive. In such contexts Jewish is the only acceptable possibility. Some people, however, have become so wary of this construction that they have extended the stigma to any use of Jew as a noun, a practice that carries risks of its own. In a sentence such as There are now several Jews on the council, which is unobjectionable, the substitution of a circumlocution like Jewish people or persons of Jewish background may in itself cause offense for seeming to imply that Jew has a negative connotation when used as a noun.[13]

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 04:01:41 PM »

Liberalism is a mental disorder.... this proves it.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »
I like to say "I'm a Jew" more than "I'm Jewish" but I did notice that more often people say they're Jewish and refrain from the word Jew.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 04:07:53 PM »
Also I know in some other languages, specifically Russian and Polish the word "Jeed" became dirty word like a course and the normal way to say Jew in Russian is Hebrew or as they say it Evrey or something like that. I

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 04:24:53 PM »
I once was with some buddies (before I became frum, but still politically a Kahanist) and they were friends with some brown girls. I spoke to one on the phone and I asked her , "Are you an Arab?" My friends freaked out at me saying it was like if somebody asked me "Are you a Jew?" I didn't understand what was so bad about either case. All I can say is this: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS CAN SUCK MY NUTELLA JAR.

Offline jdamn

• Junior JTFer
    • The Force of Reason
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 05:01:19 PM »
A lot of gentiles are afraid to say 'Jew.'  I have light brown hair and blue eyes so people in the Midwest, where I live (Indiana), don't usually realize I'm Jewish unless they have Jew-dar.  I've been asked several times, "Can you add an '-ish' to the end of that, please?"  Even Kathy Shaidle is afraid of saying 'Jew.' She says 'Jewish person.'  It sounds like 'pregnant person' - ridiculous.

Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew.

So there.
"Fight for human rights. Kill terrorists." - Col. Ralph Peters http://theforceofreason.com/

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 05:45:12 PM »
A lot of gentiles are afraid to say 'Jew.'  I have light brown hair and blue eyes so people in the Midwest, where I live (Indiana), don't usually realize I'm Jewish unless they have Jew-dar.  I've been asked several times, "Can you add an '-ish' to the end of that, please?"  Even Kathy Shaidle is afraid of saying 'Jew.' She says 'Jewish person.'  It sounds like 'pregnant person' - ridiculous.

Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew.

So there.

Whoa, you're a jew girl living in India?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 06:12:11 PM »

Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew.

So there.

She said Indiana, not India.... Indiana is a state in America...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 06:16:25 PM »

Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew.

So there.

She said Indiana, not India.... Indiana is a state in America...

I misread lol! Sorry. I was also thinking about the whole blond hair blue eye girl living in India thing. LOL, I'm retarded today for misreading that. :::D :::D :::D :::D

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 06:25:18 PM »
There is nothing wrong with the word Jew. We shouldn't permit, that the word Jew gets a negative connotation and we shouldn't be afraid of using it. This is what certain people want. For me the word Jew has a positive connotation and we should spread the positive connotation.

We don't live in 1940 Germany or a quranimal hellhole, but in the free West!  >:(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline jdamn

• Junior JTFer
    • The Force of Reason
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 11:09:18 PM »

Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew.

So there.

Indiana, not India.
"Fight for human rights. Kill terrorists." - Col. Ralph Peters http://theforceofreason.com/

Moshe92

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 11:12:58 PM »
After wikipedia, the second website to come up is Frank Weltner's website.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 11:37:19 PM »

Jew Jew Jew Jew Jew.

So there.

Indiana, not India.

Whoa, you're a jew girl living in Indiana?
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 12:35:40 AM »
If it ever comes up, I never say "I'm Jewish".  I say "I'm a Jew".  I love saying that, too.  Everyone should be so lucky.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Google: Search for *Jew* Brings Disturbing Results
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 08:20:36 AM »

I get the wiki for jew.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »
I prefer Jewish.  When someone says, " is he a Jew?" it has a pejorative ring to it

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 07:09:36 AM »
I prefer Jewish.  When someone says, " is he a Jew?" it has a pejorative ring to it
What's next ? perhaps people will start say "He is lawyerish", or "He is bankerish" ?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 08:18:59 AM »
What's next ? perhaps people will start say "He is lawyerish", or "He is bankerish" ?

It's true that the more Jew-friendly sites do tend to use Jewish and the anti-Semitic sites tend to use Jew more often. I'm not sure why though.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 10:35:33 AM »
Zelhar,

If your native language is English, then we disagree. If it isn't, then I think you should accept how it sounds to some of us who are native speakers. 

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 11:00:42 AM »
Zelhar,

If your native language is English, then we disagree. If it isn't, then I think you should accept how it sounds to some of us who are native speakers. 
I am a native Hebrew speaker and still I think I can disagree with you. It's not like The Americans or the English "own" this language. I can accept that as a matter of fact the noun Jew is charged negatively to Americans, yet still this has little to do with the noun itself. I mean logically, if Jew has a bad meaning, then the derived adjective "Jewish" should also be a bad word.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2010, 02:07:02 PM »
well my google search for "jew" did not throw up anti-semitic results. Prolly search result for Google India are filtered according to indian search patterns for "jew". I found a propoganda site on 2nd page, http://www.jews-for-allah.org/  :::D Think Indian Muslims must be visiting that page a lot.

I have asked a few JTF members by private message "Are you Jewish" , never asked "Are you a Jew", thought asking 'are you a jew' was grammatically wrong lol.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:15:23 PM by ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ »