Author Topic: How I Hate the smell of Pork Ribs  (Read 4772 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: How I Hate the smell of Pork Ribs
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 07:06:56 PM »
Not non kosher foods. But Fatty foods like pork / burgers french fries stuff like that. So I can relate.
Chaim will disagree but I think it's important to point out that there are different kinds of fat: trans fat (horrible, evil stuff, it's basically Vaseline, it stays in your arteries forever and is what causes the majority of heart attacks/strokes), saturated fat (animal fat; not necessarily bad, but very rich and full of calories), polyunsaturated fat (liquid soybean/corn/canola, etc. oil, which isn't unhealthy, but doesn't particularly help your body out either), and monounsaturated fat (olive and fish oil, which is great for your heart and brain and fights aging).

Corn is good? I thought it was terrible.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 07:08:32 PM »
You, Jews, have something a million of times better than any food. You have the Shabbat (which if forbidden to us). Keeping Shabbat properly, saying the Kidush, feeling the unification of Sephirah Malchus with the other six Sephirot which are in the Jewish soul (seven of the ten Sephitot are inside your souls), thus bieng able to feel beyond time and space, it's all much worth than an ephimerous pleasure of eating treif. Be strong and protect your Neshamot!

Us Jews, huh? anti-semite  :laugh: :laugh: :::D :::D Kidding. But seriously, you are 100 % correct, but dude, the yetzer hara is so strong. You know, for a goy, you're pretty Jewish.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 07:12:09 PM »
The issue to me, as a Baal Teshuva, one whos observance of Jewish law now exceeds the observance of my parents, is that I have acquired a taste for some of the forbidden food. Some say it is easier to stay away from these forbidden foods if you have never experienced it. Having a taste for something and remembering how it tasted and smelled is hard on a Baal Teshuva. This is why I get sensitive when people discuss forbidden foods such as Cheeseburgers and Pork Ribs, etc...

I just want to remind all Jews that there is much merit in keeping these dietary laws... But gentiles will never really know the power required to abstain from foods which we have grown up with.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
  • יברך אלוהים את אמריקה ואת ישראל וכל אוהבי ע&a
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 07:36:32 PM »
Be strong! Don't eat the pork chops, they're not that tasty... Too fatty...

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 07:38:25 PM »
I have never heard anything other than that it is neutral. It has historically made up 90% of the diet of persons living in the Americas.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 07:40:02 PM »
But gentiles will never really know the power required to abstain from foods which we have grown up with.
There are some Gentiles who are kashrut to various degrees, such as the Adventist sect of Christianity. I consider them to be a borderline cult, though.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 08:28:46 PM »
The issue to me, as a Baal Teshuva, one whos observance of Jewish law now exceeds the observance of my parents, is that I have acquired a taste for some of the forbidden food. Some say it is easier to stay away from these forbidden foods if you have never experienced it. Having a taste for something and remembering how it tasted and smelled is hard on a Baal Teshuva. This is why I get sensitive when people discuss forbidden foods such as Cheeseburgers and Pork Ribs, etc...

I just want to remind all Jews that there is much merit in keeping these dietary laws... But gentiles will never really know the power required to abstain from foods which we have grown up with.

ditto about the sensitivity part.....

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 08:29:24 PM »
I have never heard anything other than that it is neutral. It has historically made up 90% of the diet of persons living in the Americas.

Well....corn syrup is bad....doesn't it come corn?

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 09:21:48 PM »
If I smell food that I cannot eat, but has a pleasant sent... I like to think about how "burning fat in the Temple smells pleasing to The Lord" - I think this concept is painted out in Leviticus.

Although I am sure G-d would not want any pork items sacrificed to him, it's just I imagine burnt fat of any type, kosher or not, would smell similar. - Heck, I am not even sure if it's bacon/pork/ham I smell my neighbors cooking, verily, it may be 100% kosher food.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 09:40:58 PM »
Well....corn syrup is bad....doesn't it come corn?
Corn syrup is liquid sugar basically. I am not even sure that it actually comes from corn. Corn syrup is harmless (though a lot of it will make you fat, like any calorie source).

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 08:24:14 AM »

mmmmmm pork.
Tastes like human.
How about some kosher pork?
I think what they do is drain the blood out.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 10:33:32 AM »
WHile I love Kosher food, I am secular and love endulging in Pork Ribs.  Baby back ribs are great.  But thats just me.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 11:26:27 AM »
I love venison and moose meat.

By the way, is crocodile kosher? I have seen crocodile meat in the frozen section of a supermarket.

What about whale and seal?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2010, 11:29:01 AM »

By the way, is crocodile kosher? I have seen crocodile meat in the frozen section of a supermarket.

None of those is kosher.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 11:29:52 AM »

And for the record, whale and seal are too cute to eat. and smart.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 11:54:05 AM »

None of those is kosher.

Venison and moose are kosher, surely? Both have split hooves and chew cud.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2010, 12:09:12 PM »

mmmm mmm mmmmmm whale!
I've had whale and seal. Tastes great!
Dolphin! Cat, dog!

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2010, 12:12:45 PM »

mmmm mmm mmmmmm whale!
I've had whale and seal. Tastes great!
Dolphin! Cat, dog!

Dolphin, cat, and dog I wouldn't eat. I had whale once. It wasn't particularly tasty. I've heard that seal is very tasty, but Ive never seen it in the stores. Maybe they sell it in Norway and iceland.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 12:24:29 PM »

Just kidding. I've never had any of the above. Except cow and pig.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 12:28:14 PM »

None of those is kosher.

Venison and moose are kosher, surely? Both have split hooves and chew cud.
I was referring to the latter 3.