Author Topic: Bishop Irinej is new Serbian patriarch  (Read 48311 times)

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
Bishop Irinej is new Serbian patriarch
« on: January 22, 2010, 08:17:14 AM »
Bishop Irinej is new Serbian patriarch
22 January 2010 | 10:24 -> 14:40 | Source: B92, Beta, Tanjug 
BELGRADE -- The Electoral Synod of the Bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church (SPC) met today in Belgrade and elected Bishop Irinej of Niš as the new patriarch.

http://www.b92.net/eng/

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
Re: Bishop Irinej is new Serbian patriarch
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 05:15:21 PM »
Great. I was for Anfilohije Radovic! :dance:
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Slobodan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 12:03:26 AM »
Језуита.

Jesuit.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:50:41 AM by Slobodan »
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
  • יברך אלוהים את אמריקה ואת ישראל וכל אוהבי ע&a
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 02:03:56 PM »
Aren't the Serbs Pravoslavs, like Russians?

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 02:19:09 PM »
Aren't the Serbs Pravoslavs, like Russians?
Yes,but our Orthodox Church is under great attack from Vatican in recent years.Huge battle is ongoing inside the Church.Many priests and the people from Church hierarchy are being expelled from our Church because they refuse to bow down to Vatican.They are protesting but then they got arrested by the state police.I have to say that I believe there is going to be official division if our corrupted religious leaders continue with the path of ecumenism.
Even our president's kids went to Roman Catholic preschool and school and went to Roman Church(Roman "Church of blessed virgin Merry",International brigades 66 in Belgrade).He publicly declared on Croatian TV(during his recent visits in CRO) that his kids aren't just Serbs.

In Greece is even much more worse situation.Orthodoxy in Greece exists only in fragments.Everything is under Vatican'c control or those who are not they are divided in smaller parts because of the Vatican's influence.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:28:11 PM by Kerber »

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 03:42:07 PM »
WOW!!! Man, I can't believe this! how long has it been that way? Did it start with John Paul II? Your clergymen must do somethin' about it! You must protest this Roman dictatorship.

Offline Sox7

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 09:18:48 PM »
WOW!!! Man, I can't believe this! how long has it been that way? Did it start with John Paul II? Your clergymen must do somethin' about it! You must protest this Roman dictatorship.

There's something you have to understand: the Roman Catholic church uses political and social unrest in "boundary regions" to help spread itself. Read up on the Council of Florence-Ferrara in 1439:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Florence

Basically, the city of Constantinople was surrounded by Muslim Turks and was begging Western Europe and the Pope for help to save the city. The Pope always insisted that that could happen only if the Greek Orthodox Church united with the Roman Catholic Church. The Greek/Byzantine leaders tried to force this "union" through many times but the Orthodox Greeks never accepted it. As a result, they got no help.

Constantinople fell on May 29, 1453 to the Turks.

The situation in Greece, Bulgaria, and Romania are the worst. Serbia is a *little* better because at least a lot of people remember WWII and do not like Catholics. But still, Serbia is very weak and cannot resist much more. Russia is the strongest but even there there are new winds bringing in the spirit of ecumenism.

It's really terrible. For centuries Orthodox Christians resisted the Catholic hordes (there are many, many more cases I can list here, if you want to know) and now they are caving in.

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 05:59:53 AM »
I'm very interested to hear more about this issue. I think that this is terrible, your nation must be strong and preserve its original religion, without any Catholic influences from the Vatican, from that Pope and from his molesting cardinals...

Offline Novakovic

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 07:00:04 AM »

John Paul II is the main responsible party for the escalation of the war in Yugoslavia. This is because he advocated at the European Community for the recognition of the collapse of Yugoslavia. When nobody recognized Croatia's independence, the pope recognize it in an irregular way. Pope's advocacy for the recognition of Croatia created pressure amongst the nations of the European Community, who were pressured by the politic of the Pope to accept the collapse of Yugoslavia.  The accept of the break up of Yugoslavia resulted into bloody civil wars and genocide and ethnic of cleansing in the Serbian territories like the Republic of Serbian Krajina, Serbian Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo.

I feel free to say that the Roman popes John Paul II and the current pope are war criminals, who advocated for the disintegration of Yugoslavia. The current pope was also involved in advocacy against Yugoslavia and the Serbian nation during the 90s.

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 08:45:01 AM »
It is forbidden by Orthodox Church laws(canon laws) to participate in non-Orthodox services and here is bishop(episkopos) Bulovic:

...and some others:

Offline crnitrn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 09:10:06 AM »
pope's dogs! This is shameful for serbia but that is the fact. people in serbia still dont know much about this, but when this  come on the sun its not gonna be nice for those dogs. Jus like that happened in Cacak!

Offline Novakovic

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 09:27:56 AM »
It is not good to call bishops and the Patriarch dogs.
The Patriarch is a holy position. You can not call a person who is the patriach of your church a dog. That is not good my friends. We all know what is forbidden and what is not forbidden according to Orthodoxy. But the patriarch and other high ranking positions, those people are currently under serious attack. They are under great pressure. They have an other responsiblity, which we regular people do not have. Who knows if they are under pressure or what.

It is better to have a Patriarch than no Patriarch. As long as we confess one religion and have one church it is ok.. But the problem is that some forces which entered in  the church want to create a schism within the church. That is the danger. I am against those forces. As long as we do not have a schism, it means that things can get worse.

Offline Sox7

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 11:04:15 AM »
It is not good to call bishops and the Patriarch dogs.
The Patriarch is a holy position. You can not call a person who is the patriach of your church a dog. That is not good my friends. We all know what is forbidden and what is not forbidden according to Orthodoxy. But the patriarch and other high ranking positions, those people are currently under serious attack. They are under great pressure. They have an other responsiblity, which we regular people do not have. Who knows if they are under pressure or what.

It is better to have a Patriarch than no Patriarch. As long as we confess one religion and have one church it is ok.. But the problem is that some forces which entered in  the church want to create a schism within the church. That is the danger. I am against those forces. As long as we do not have a schism, it means that things can get worse.

Excuse me, but what kind of Serbian Patriarch can make peace overtures with a Roman church that recently blessed Cardinal Stepinac, after everything he did to Serbs and Jews? That man's diaries condemn him as a hater of Orthodoxy, Protestantism, and Judaism. His priests took part in the massacres. If Pope John Paul II beatified Stepinac more than 50 years after WWII, which means the Catholic church is NOT sorry for anything, then how can the Serbian church or it's representatives have peace with that kind of an organization?

This is a "peace" constructed on deliberate oblivion of the victims of genocide. Not Nazi genocide, but Vatican-blessed and Vatican-engineered genocide.

The genocide of 1941-1945 is the best kept secret of the Vatican. That's why nobody knows about the genocide of the Serbs, it is the only "secret genocide" because it utterly incriminates the Vatican and the Pope. The Vatican works night and day to keep it forgotten.

The Inquisition and the Crusades happened centuries ago. The pedophilia against children, as horrible and widespread as it is, can be passed off as "individual actions" that the Popes didn't know about (yeah right, I bet Ratzinger is a gay pedophile too).

The genocide against the Orthodox Serbs took place less than 100 years ago and is VERY well documented with photographs and videos that were not available to show us what those beasts did in Mainz, Jerusalem, Constantinople, Spain, Russia, or any of the other places they were sacking, pillaging, torching, exterminating, etc. That is why the Vatican is dead set on not only covering this up but also demonizing the Serbs into becoming monsters.

Just google Vukovar or Srebrenica (allegedly 1,000 and 8,000 dead, respectively), places where the Serbs did war crimes or supposedly did war crimes (it's very controversial and one-sided), and then google Jadovno (40,000) and Jasenovac (600,000+). How many hits will you get for each of those terms? I just did it:

Vukovar: 5,550,000 results
Srebrenica: 2,920,000 results
Jadovno: 106,000 results
Jasenovac: 452,000 results

That means that there is between ~10-50x fewer articles of information on killing sites in which ~100x more completely innocent people were killed, and we are not talking about war zone atrocities and reprisals that involve combatants and POWs who may have committed atrocities themselves (Vukovar/Srebrenica) but rather about specifically designed extermination facilities for innocent civilians (Jadovno/Jasenovac).

For comparison, this is not about the "fog of ancient history" because if you google Auschwitz or Dachau you get this:

Auschwitz: 9,350,000 results
Dachau: 6,400,000 results

We are talking about an organized campaign to cover up the truth. If the Serbian Orthodox church hierarchy, including Patriarch Irinej, assists those Vatican beasts with the coverup of the extermination of their own people (and Jews and Roma in the same places), then they truly are Pope's dogs and deserve no respect whatsoever.

Offline Novakovic

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 12:55:03 PM »
Excuse me, but what kind of Serbian Patriarch can make peace overtures with a Roman church that recently blessed Cardinal Stepinac, after everything he did to Serbs and Jews?

Shalom friend. Of course we Serbs know very good what the Vatican did towards the Serbs. I know everything about Stepinac and the role of the Vatican in the genocide of the Serbs.

I personally do not agree with all the statements made by the current Patriarch. But we must not forgot the fact that Serbia is currently governed by a puppet regime, which is a consequence of the NATO aggression from 1999. In these circumstances people are easy to manipulate. We must bare in mind that the Patriarch is also a human and that he is under GREAT pressure. He has a very responsible position, which means that he is under extreme pressure.
We are allowed to disagree with some statement made by the Patriarch, which are politically oriented, but we must also respect his holy position. You can not call the patriarch a dog or something like that. That is not moral behavior.
So please understand my statements. I know very good that the Serbs must avoid the Vatican as much as possible, but I am just saying that insulting the patriarch is not a moral thing. I think that you will agree with me that we must respect his position. He as a person, that is an other story. Right now I am saying that we must respect his position.

As long as the Serbs have one Church it is not the end. As soon as a schism takes place, then we are in great danger. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:01:17 PM by Novakovic »

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 05:33:51 PM »
Sox7 it seems you are very well informed about Serbian history and issues. Are you Serbian?

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »
Excuse me, but what kind of Serbian Patriarch can make peace overtures with a Roman church that recently blessed Cardinal Stepinac, after everything he did to Serbs and Jews?

Shalom friend. Of course we Serbs know very good what the Vatican did towards the Serbs. I know everything about Stepinac and the role of the Vatican in the genocide of the Serbs.

I personally do not agree with all the statements made by the current Patriarch. But we must not forgot the fact that Serbia is currently governed by a puppet regime, which is a consequence of the NATO aggression from 1999. In these circumstances people are easy to manipulate. We must bare in mind that the Patriarch is also a human and that he is under GREAT pressure. He has a very responsible position, which means that he is under extreme pressure.
We are allowed to disagree with some statement made by the Patriarch, which are politically oriented, but we must also respect his holy position. You can not call the patriarch a dog or something like that. That is not moral behavior.
So please understand my statements. I know very good that the Serbs must avoid the Vatican as much as possible, but I am just saying that insulting the patriarch is not a moral thing. I think that you will agree with me that we must respect his position. He as a person, that is an other story. Right now I am saying that we must respect his position.

As long as the Serbs have one Church it is not the end. As soon as a schism takes place, then we are in great danger. 
The Church is already divided.Just not formally.Formal division , in my opinion, will occur very soon.

Expelled bishop Artemije announced that he is going to make some kind of his own community and church if the Sinod continue to ban him from Diocese of Raska and Prizren.

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 05:59:35 PM »

Offline Sox7

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 07:44:56 PM »
Sox7 it seems you are very well informed about Serbian history and issues. Are you Serbian?

Mostly, yes, ~3/4. Also ~1/4 Slovenian, and a little French and Tsintsar. But American born and bred.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:51:40 PM by Sox7 »

Offline Sox7

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 07:47:21 PM »

The Church is already divided.Just not formally.Formal division , in my opinion, will occur very soon.

Expelled bishop Artemije announced that he is going to make some kind of his own community and church if the Sinod continue to ban him from Diocese of Raska and Prizren.

Good. At least some people will have a way of distancing themselves from Rome. My heart cries out to the Serbian people to start reading the Bible again and reading Christ's words in particular. Having a deep personal relationship with Him is far more important than any patriarch or pope or icon or liturgy.

Offline Novakovic

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 11:41:02 PM »
Good. At least some people will have a way of distancing themselves from Rome. My heart cries out to the Serbian people to start reading the Bible again and reading Christ's words in particular. Having a deep personal relationship with Him is far more important than any patriarch or pope or icon or liturgy.

;D Yes according to you and some other ''Serbs'' from this forum, Serbs should become protestants. LoL...

Right now under these hard circumstances some people want to take advantage of the situation to convert Serbs into protestants?