Author Topic: Im boycotting Mel Glibsons latest movie  (Read 2899 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Im boycotting Mel Glibsons latest movie
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:40:52 PM »
Let me be the 1st to call a boycott of Antisemite Mel Gibsons latest movie 'Edge of Darkness'... I have no idea what it is about and I care less... I hope this movie flops and Gibson is a person non-gratis in Hollywood. I hope Gibson rots...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Im boycotting Mel Glibsons latest movie
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:12:33 PM »
Anyone who would give money to that washed-up alcoholic bum is crazier than he is.

Online Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 09:15:22 PM »
I would never pay money to see anything of his. 

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:03:17 PM »
I saw apocalypto but didn't know it was mel gibsons movie until after I watched it.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 10:36:14 PM »
No question Mel is evil piece of trash, and I think its great that you are boycotting his movie. But I still loved apocalypto and braveheart.  Both were very unique and well-done movies.  Still, I hope Mel burns in hell.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 12:13:37 AM »
I think Mel Gibson might crap all over your face if you do.   :laugh:

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 12:14:11 AM »
No question Mel is evil piece of trash, and I think its great that you are boycotting his movie. But I still loved apocalypto and braveheart.  Both were very unique and well-done movies.  Still, I hope Mel burns in hell.

Even though I like those two movies though he is still a big time chud.  >:(

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 12:45:59 AM »
I liked Road Warrior and Mad Max.  Lethal Weapon was okay.  I do not enjoy any of these movies since this man voluntarily outed himself as an open anti-Semite.  To enjoy his movies, in my own home, would be, somewhat, like putting Hitler's art up in my own home.

May G-d smite this junior-Amelek and his 9/11 conspiracy loving Nazi holocaust denying father with vengence.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/gibson.asp
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 12:46:07 AM »
This was his greatest movie:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 01:27:40 AM »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 01:48:02 AM »

Is he wearing a leg brace or something?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 01:50:31 AM »

I think it is supposed to be a bionic leg or something sci-fi-ish...

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 01:57:06 AM »

I think it is supposed to be a bionic leg or something sci-fi-ish...

I was just about to say.  I guess he could be like this guy

Or Bat Man

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 05:22:20 AM »
Let's all pray at the same time that he drops dead right where he is.  Somebody pick a time for a prayer session.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 08:36:08 AM »

I came across his piece while reading movie reviews.
Here's the irony: He plays the part of an unruly cop.
....right after he was stopped by a jew cop during his drunken rampage.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 08:57:14 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,207059,00.html 

Mel Gibson Has Israeli Bodyguard

Mel Gibson may have a problem with Jews — they’re responsible for all the wars, they’ve inflated the number of dead in the Holocaust, etc.

But Gibson likes one Jewish person a lot. His personal bodyguard for more than a decade turns out to be an Israeli.

Avi Korein, 45, is a name you don’t hear very often. That’s because Korein is famous for being nearly invisible and staying in the background.

A former nightclub bouncer, Korein worked through the '80s as Bruce Willis’ muscle. He even picked up a few minor screen credits along the way.

But sometime before 1996, Korein went to work for Gibson.

Now Korein has his own agency, Screen International Security Services, which has done private security over the years for a lot of Hollywood stars, including Will Smith, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise.
Related

But sources tell me that it’s Korein — who did not return calls from this column — upon whom Gibson has relied over the last decade to keep him out of trouble.

It’s ironic, since Korein is Jewish. But so is Gibson’s publicist.

Korein — who is also rumored to have once been in the Mossad — or Israeli CIA — has his own inner conflicts to deal with.

In 2002 he made a $500 donation to the National Republican Congressional Committee. In 2004, however, he gave money to John Kerry’s presidential run.

Is he a Democrat or a Republican? More importantly, is he even a U.S. citizen?

Korein’s assistant would only say, “I can’t answer any questions,” when I posed that last one. She did, however, acknowledge that her boss works for Gibson.

Gibson, however odd a client for Korein, might take some of his advice. On the Web site for SISS, Korein states: “We realize that 'perception is reality.' How our clients are perceived by the public can impact corporate, diplomatic or personal objectives positively or negatively.”

Those are words Gibson might have taken to heart a while ago.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
Mel at it again...
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 11:54:45 PM »
I guess this story came out last week or something...

"Mel Gibson became very defensive and almost aggressive during a recent junket interview for his new movie Edge of Darkness when questioned by veteran newscaster Sam Rubin.

Rubin says everything started off fine, exchanging pleasantries but then the tone changed when Rubin mentions Gibson's anti-Semitic rant that he went on following his now infamous arrest for drink driving.

Gibson starts out nicely enough talking about his career comeback, saying that this is his first film "in front of the camera" in "7 or 8 years to star in" and explaining that he felt he was getting "a bit stale" and that he chose to "walk away".

But Gibson visibly changes when Rubin says to the devout Catholic actor, "Some people will welcome you back, some people will say you should never come back."

A testy Gibson fires back with, "Why?" And Rubin goes on to explain, "Because of what happened before." "What happened?" Gibson demands. "The remarks that were attributed to you," Rubin says.

Gibson, defensively, and some would say aggressively, replies with, "The remarks that were ATTRIBUTED to me. I didn't necessarily make those comments."

He then goes on to question Rubin, "I gather you have a dog in this fight? Do you have a dog in this fight? Or are you impartial?" Seemingly alluding to the fact that Rubin is Jewish."

Full Story

Video of interview:

>:(

Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 12:00:00 AM »
Did you see those antisemitic comments on that youtube site? Wowie Kazowie! Those antisemites come out in droves to hear Her Gibson speak...

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 12:02:33 AM »
I won't lie though, I will probably still end up seeing it.  The man makes good movies, whether we like him as a person or not.

Heck, I even liked The Passion.  :-[
Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 12:03:25 AM »
I won't lie though, I will probably still end up seeing it.  The man makes good movies, whether we like him as a person or not.

You are a Jew? And you like the Passion... What is wrong with you? This must be the most antisemitic story ever written, even more so than Mein Kampf.

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 12:07:50 AM »

You are a Jew? And you like the Passion... What is wrong with you?

It was an entertaining, technically well-made action/adventure with amazing special effects and cinematography. It was exciting, and visually enjoyable to watch, in an entirely apolitical sense. 

For me a movie sometimes is just a movie, and if I find it entertaining that's all that matters.  Same with music...we all probably hate Cat Stevens as an individual, but he made some great music back in the day.  I'm not going to not listen to it based on his political views.

For what it's worth I will most likely end up pirating it, and Mel won't get a cent from me =)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 12:22:09 AM »

It was an entertaining, technically well-made action/adventure with amazing special effects and cinematography. It was exciting, and visually enjoyable to watch, in an entirely apolitical sense. 

For me a movie sometimes is just a movie, and if I find it entertaining that's all that matters.  Same with music...we all probably hate Cat Stevens as an individual, but he made some great music back in the day.  I'm not going to not listen to it based on his political views.

For what it's worth I will most likely end up pirating it, and Mel won't get a cent from me =)

I dont care if mel gets a cent from you... I hope that some day you guard your eyes and ears from seeing and hearing things which are damaging to a Jewish soul...

Taking your ideas to an extreme, if Hitler was a decent artist then you would think that owning a piece of Hitlers art would be acceptable. I don't see it this way... If a person decides to be evil, all their work is evil...

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 12:35:20 AM »
mel gibson is a waste of skin

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 12:44:07 AM »

I dont care if mel gets a cent from you... I hope that some day you guard your eyes and ears from seeing and hearing things which are damaging to a Jewish soul...

Taking your ideas to an extreme, if Hitler was a decent artist then you would think that owning a piece of Hitlers art would be acceptable. I don't see it this way... If a person decides to be evil, all their work is evil...

While Mel's actions (including this recent interview) prove beyond doubt that he is an antisemite, I actually honestly did not find The Passion to be overtly antisemitic when I saw it.  

I do understand and respect your point here though.  I am just too much of a movie lover to ignore something based on it's creator's political views is all.  Most of Mel's movies have been really good.

The Patriot
Mad Max
Gallipoli
The River
Maverick
Braveheart
The Man Without a Face
We were soldiers (good the first 100 times I saw it)
Signs
Apocalypto
The Passion  (sorry, I did think it was a well-made movie, politics aside)

-All these and more were quality films.  As I said before, we might hate him as a person, but a good movie is a good movie, plain and simple.  Don't tell me you didn't like his movies before we found out he was an anti-semite...

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 12:59:26 AM »
Off-Topic, but what is the story with Leonard Cohen?

I was reading stuff about Mel Gibson just now, and came across the fact that he apparently was the executive producer of Leonard Cohen's 2005 documentary "Im You're Man".

I have actually often noticed lyrics in Cohen's music that may come across as somewhat "self-hating", so that makes it even more interesting.  I think Cohen also supports Israel though, and puts on concerts there, so I'm not sure what the deal is.  It would appear that Cohen and Gibson may have some sort of a friendship though...