Author Topic: Anglicans for Israel  (Read 2023 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Anglicans for Israel
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 11:29:34 AM »
                                                                בס"ד

Well they're smarter than usual Missioneries.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »
They point out here about the Church of Wales                  http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/135788 

Anglicans Detail Church of Wales' Anti-Jewishness

by Hillel Fendel
Follow Israel news on Twitter and Facebook.

(IsraelNN.com) Anglican Friends of Israel has published an article detailing anti-Israel and anti-Semitic statements and positions taken by the Church in Wales (C-i-W).

The organization cites the following examples of the Church of Wales’ negative stance towards Israel and the Jews:

1. Archbishop Barry Morgan’s statement after Yasser Arafat died, to the effect that he would remember the arch-terrorist “for his perseverance and resolve” in the face of so many challenges. Morgan said he prayed “that in death, Yasser Arafat will find that peace which only G-d can give and which was denied him in life."

2. Canon Naim Ateek of Sabeel Centre has had frequent input in the Church. “Ateek revived the accusation of deicide against the Jewish state,” the Anglican organization wrote, “likening Israelis to 'Herods' in his 2000 Christmas message and Palestinians to the crucified [Jesus] dying at the hands of the Jewish state at Easter 2001.”

3. Church in Wales policies do not distinguish between Palestinian attacks on Israeli citizens and Israel’s use of force to defend them, the Anglican report states, and refer to both as “revenge violence.”

4. Although Archbishop Morgan himself collected up copies of the C-i-W Welsh language magazine Y Llan which contained an offensive cartoon against Muhammed, and went on TV to apologize to Welsh Muslims, no such apologies were forthcoming when Y Llan ran an article in which a fictitious Jewish contemporary of Jesus opined that none of his disciples were of any use except Judas.

5. The phrase "the Jews are cowards" was allowed to remain on the C-i-W Jubilee Fund website for a year in 2002-3, despite numerous complaints - including Archbishop Rowan Williams' description of the comments as "deplorable" and 'inflammatory language."

6. A series of short inspirational films produced by St. David’s Diocese last year was filmed in Israel and Wales – yet the word “Israel” appears only once, and neither the Law nor the Prophets nor Jesus or his disciples are identified as Jewish.  In addition, no Jews contribute or are interviewed, while only a Palestinian Anglican is described as ‘indigenous' and there are frequent clips of Arab Israelis and Palestinians.  “It is as though there are no Jews in today's Holy Land,” the Anglican report states.

7. In his 2009 Christmas message, Dominic Walker, Bishop of Monmouth, wrote that 'God so loved the world that he sent Jesus to be born in Palestine' – not mentioning that Jesus was a Jew or that he was born in the Jewish Holy Land that was renamed by the conquering Romans for the Jews’ enemies more than 100 years after Jesus was born.

Formerly "Anglicans for Israel," the organization was formed in 2005 for the purposes of supporting the people of Israel, helping secure defensible borders for Israel, and promoting bonds of fellowship and interfaith understanding between Anglicans and the Jewish people.  Other goals can be seen on its website.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 11:32:54 AM »
                                                                   בס"ד

Why are you making free publicity for sub-human missionaries?

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 11:45:35 AM »
                                                                   בס"ד

He's not making free publicity, he's sharing a news story on our forum and discussing it with us. Are you being confrontational for the sake of it? Cool your jets.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 11:49:03 AM »
                                                                   בס"ד

He's not making free publicity, he's sharing a news story on our forum and discussing it with us. Are you being confrontational for the sake of it? Cool your jets.

I'd rather skip on that story if it means he should share their filthy website too. No missionary [and yes, Anglicans "for" Israel are missionaries] is allowed here. Argue with the forum's rules.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 11:54:04 AM »
What is missionary here Arutz sheva doesn't promote missionaries

1. To resist the call for a boycott of Israel.

2. To support the people of Israel and to secure defensible borders for the State of Israel.

3. To promote bonds of fellowship and interfaith understanding between Anglicans and the Jewish people.

4. To recall the Church to G-d’s Covenant with the Jewish people and to call the Church to affirm the centrality of Israel to the Jewish faith.

5. To call Anglicans to repentance for the wrongs-of both word and deed- inflicted by Christians on the Jewish people and the nation of Israel.

6. To fight all libels against Israel and the Jewish people and their State.

7. To promote reconciliation and ties of friendship between the people of Israel and the righteous Arabs who oppose terrorism and wish to have peaceful relations with Israel.

8. To protect the Christian communities threatened by Islamic extremism in the Middle East.

9. To bring the Church back to an understanding of the Jewish roots of our faith.

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »
                                                                               בס"ד

What is missionary here Arutz sheva doesn't promote missionaries

1. To resist the call for a boycott of Israel.

2. To support the people of Israel and to secure defensible borders for the State of Israel.

3. To promote bonds of fellowship and interfaith understanding between Anglicans and the Jewish people.

4. To recall the Church to G-d’s Covenant with the Jewish people and to call the Church to affirm the centrality of Israel to the Jewish faith.

5. To call Anglicans to repentance for the wrongs-of both word and deed- inflicted by Christians on the Jewish people and the nation of Israel.

6. To fight all libels against Israel and the Jewish people and their State.

7. To promote reconciliation and ties of friendship between the people of Israel and the righteous Arabs who oppose terrorism and wish to have peaceful relations with Israel.

8. To protect the Christian communities threatened by Islamic extremism in the Middle East.

9. To bring the Church back to an understanding of the Jewish roots of our faith.

Anglicans "for" Israel are the number 1 Missionaries in Israel. They even have YouTube Hebrew Channels.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 12:04:01 PM »
most of these churchs and organisations are supporting Israel, not in support of the Jewish state, but rather to promote their ideology which they think will help in the second coming of the christ in Israel.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 12:06:56 PM »
I don't really trust 99% of Anglicans. It used to be a legitimate, generally good denomination many, many years ago. Now it's completely left wing and seems ok with homosexuality, abortion, etc.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 12:10:02 PM »
I don't really trust 99% of Anglicans. It used to be a legitimate, generally good denomination many, many years ago. Now it's completely left wing and seems ok with homosexuality, abortion, etc.
I think they have divided with a more traditional wing,which i think his group are

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 12:14:08 PM »
most of these churchs and organisations are supporting Israel, not in support of the Jewish state, but rather to promote their ideology which they think will help in the second coming of the christ in Israel.

You knew it.... ;D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 12:18:05 PM »
                                                                     בס"ד

I think they have divided with a more traditional wing,which i think his group are

I think the Fatah have divided with a more moderate wing, which I think Abu Mazen is.
Do you recognize the illogicalness? Missioneries are Missioneries. One who supports Missioneries or collides with them is even worse and should be killed. Missioneries don't have a right to exist.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 06:17:28 PM »
                                                                   בס"ד

I have read some of his posts and I don't think he likes our Christian members....this is hard to digest for me because all of our members are wonderful, Jewish or Gentile!
The main thing is for all of us to support our Forum and each other to the best of our ability.
Let us remember that no 2 of us are alike, and that each person Jewish or Christian has different levels of observance.
Our enemies would love to see us fighting amongst ourselves so let's not give them that pleasure.

Shalom - Dox

Moshe92

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »
                                                                   בס"ד

I have read some of his posts and I don't think he likes our Christian members....this is hard to digest for me because all of our members are wonderful, Jewish or Gentile!
The main thing is for all of us to support our Forum and each other to the best of our ability.
Let us remember that no 2 of us are alike, and that each person Jewish or Christian has different levels of observance.
Our enemies would love to see us fighting amongst ourselves so let's not give them that pleasure.

Shalom - Dox

Ron is a good Jew, and he's one of the people who cares most about this movement even though some members of the forum don't get along with him.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 06:32:35 PM »
Ron, thank you for your support to our Great Forum!

Shalom & G-d Bless you

Dox

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 06:35:18 PM »
One who supports Missioneries or collides with them is even worse and should be killed.

I think you're looking for the word colludes.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 06:47:30 PM »
Ron, thank you for your support to our Great Forum!

Shalom & G-d Bless you

Dox
Yes G-d bless and save us all !! ::)
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 06:48:31 PM »
If you want to get along in the world, you need a spirit of generosity with your friends.  No one is perfect, no one is exactly like you.  Blasting people that vary with your opinion in subtle ways is a sure fire way to have no friends!  That is a lesson much better learned EARLY IN LIFE

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 12:56:45 AM »
when you remove this immature ,insulting person(Ron) i will come back to the forum.This is sick!
 >:(

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 06:08:24 AM »
when you remove this immature ,insulting person(Ron) i will come back to the forum.This is sick!
 >:(

He upsets many people Boyana. I wish he would leave too. He causes nothing but pain on this forum. I haven't seen one good thing he's done here.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 10:37:52 AM »
Ruby, why is he being mean to people if he is a member of our Forum? I just don't understand how he can be an honorable member and not like his fellow forum members.

Shalom & G-d Bless you

Dox

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 11:08:45 AM »
Chaim, please step in.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 11:33:10 AM »
בס''ד

Wait a minute. This time Ron did not start. Ron was attacked for expressing his opinion.

I know what happened in the past on other threads, and I know that there are people on this forum who don't like Ron.

But this time Ron merely stated that in his opinion the Anglicans are missionaries. And Ron said that Jews should live in Israel. Other members then reacted by attacking Ron.

It's true that Ron overreacts when he is attacked. But he really didn't provoke this latest round.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 11:35:36 AM »
Thank you, Chaim.