Author Topic: What is it like for Senior Citizens to make Aliyah? For my parents.  (Read 490 times)

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
My Mom's interest peaked up when she saw the health care, not that I know much about Israeli health care... great way to get a Jewish doctor I suppose!  She is also very observant so living in the Biblical Homeland would be a true delight for my Mom.  My parents are 67 [Mom] and 73 [Dad].  I am sure they would like to remain active, they both have PHDs in Psychology, and have worked in both the academic and business worlds.

I am planning on making Aliyah myself, it would be great to take my parents with me.  How then could my brother remain in the US by himself!? HA! :dance:
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: What is it like for Senior Citizens to make Aliyah? For my parents.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »
I'm sure Israel is a great place for elderly Jewish people to retire to. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: What is it like for Senior Citizens to make Aliyah? For my parents.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 03:41:42 PM »
Learn the language first
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein