Author Topic: Uh Oooo - American Armed Forces Worshipping Pagan gods  (Read 1372 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Uh Oooo - American Armed Forces Worshipping Pagan gods
« on: February 01, 2010, 07:49:26 PM »
This is very, very sad news indeed. The American armed forces are providing a place for Pagans to worship their witches and warlocks and engage in black magic on army bases.... This is a bad sign and another nail in the coffin for America...

When will this evil stop?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584500,00.html

Neo-Pagans Get Worship Circle at Air Force Academy
Monday , February 01, 2010

Witches, Druids and pagans rejoice! The Air Force Academy in Colorado is about to recognize its first Wiccan prayer circle, a Stonehenge on the Rockies that will serve as an outdoor place of worship for the academy's neo-pagans.

Wiccan cadets and officers on the Colorado Springs base have been convening for over a decade, but the school will officially dedicate a newly built circle of stones on about March 10, putting the outdoor sanctuary on an equal footing with the Protestant, Catholic, Jewish and Buddhist chapels on the base.

"When I first arrived here, Earth-centered cadets didn't have anywhere to call home," said Sgt. Robert Longcrier, the lay leader of the neo-pagan groups on base.

"Now, they meet every Monday night, they get to go on retreats, and they have a stone circle."

Academy officials had no tally of the number of Wiccan cadets at the school of 4,500, but said they had been angling to set up a proper space since the academic year began.

"That's one of the newer groups," said John Van Winkle, a spokesman for the academy. "They've had a worship circle on base for some time and we're looking to get them an official one."

The Air Force recognizes several distinct forms of neo-paganism, including Dianic Wicca, Seax Wicca, Gardnerian Wicca, shamanism and Druidism, according to Pagan groups that track the information.

Since a 2004 survey of cadets on the base revealed dozens of instances of harassment and intolerance, superintendent Michael Gould has made religious tolerance a priority.

Yet Van Winkle, the academy spokesman, said he could not confirm whether the school's superintendent or senior staff would attend the dedication ceremony.

"(We) haven't gotten that far yet: First we have to get a date, and then once we get a date for the dedication ceremony we'll see who's going to be available for it," he told FoxNews.com.

"Once we get a date that's going to be the real driving force for who's going to attend."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Uh Oooo - American Armed Forces Worshipping Pagan gods
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 07:50:53 PM »
If one of these vile creatures started to worship their idols in front of me I would smash them and burn them with no guilt at all.. These idol worshippers are evil and should be destroyed.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:25:20 PM »
Yep, nations were destroyed for this in the Tanach; why wouldn't they be now?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 08:31:38 PM »
I once met one in person. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:41:40 PM »
I think that it's very dangerous to engage in these types of things because it can attract spirits to the people that are not good ones even if their intentions are not evil. I've known my share of pagan/witch type of people and they're not all bad people (the vast majority of them wouldn't do anything to hurt you), but they are dabbling in things that are dangerous spiritually and otherwise whether they know it or not. I believe that trying to cast spells and such is an abomination according to the Bible.

Unfortunately the vast majority of those who follow pagan or earth-based religions are also extremely left wing with few exceptions.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 10:57:43 PM »
I just got away from a neighborhood full of them...G-d had told me then He confirmed it....I'm glad to be out of there. The oppression was horrible.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 10:58:10 PM »
If righteous gentiles take over this country let's hope they commence "Operation Salem" if you know what I mean.
:laugh: :::D :laugh: :::D :laugh:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 11:49:10 PM »
I think that it's very dangerous to engage in these types of things because it can attract spirits to the people that are not good ones even if their intentions are not evil. I've known my share of pagan/witch type of people and they're not all bad people (the vast majority of them wouldn't do anything to hurt you), but they are dabbling in things that are dangerous spiritually and otherwise whether they know it or not. I believe that trying to cast spells and such is an abomination according to the Bible.

Unfortunately the vast majority of those who follow pagan or earth-based religions are also extremely left wing with few exceptions.

Believe me... I know that type... When I was a Grateful Deadhead, about 16 years ago, I was camping out next to a couple of witches, er I mean wiccans.... They were bragging about how they cast spells on people, etc. etc.... I ended up getting into all kinds of trouble on that trip and I swore I would never again associate with witches and those who believe in evil spirits. I don't believe they were able to cast a spell on me, but Hashem was very disappointed about how low I had sunk at that time...

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 12:23:43 AM »
At least it's not another Mosque. :::D
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 12:36:22 AM »
Given that Christianity is far less old than Judism; did the term "gentile" ever apply to polytheists/pagans [we consider Hindus to be gentiles, correct?]?

To make up a religion from nothing, and expect it to produce something is idolatry incarnate, and that is what the neo-pagan movement is about.  I imagine a smiting may be coming the way of these worshipers of a non-G-d. - Then again what they are doing is EXACTLY what Mohamed did... and L.Ron Hubbard.

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 12:48:37 AM »
Given that Christianity is far less old than Judism; did the term "gentile" ever apply to polytheists/pagans [we consider Hindus to be gentiles, correct?]?

To make up a religion from nothing, and expect it to produce something is idolatry incarnate, and that is what the neo-pagan movement is about.  I imagine a smiting may be coming the way of these worshipers of a non-G-d. - Then again what they are doing is EXACTLY what Mohamed did... and L.Ron Hubbard.

Yes, the pagan spirit has not died, it will always entice the souls of the foolish, the selfish, and the wicked...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentile

The term Gentile (from Latin gentilis, meaning of or belonging to a clan or tribe) refers to non-Israelite tribes or nations in English translations of the Bible, most notably the King James Version.

It serves as the Latin and subsequently English translation of the Hebrew words גוי (goy) and נכרי (nokhri) in the Tanach and the Greek word ἔθνη (éthnē) in the New Testament.

Today, the primary meaning of gentile is "non-Jew".

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 01:31:24 AM »
^Fascinating!

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 04:08:46 AM »
A few thoughts:

- Given the PC fascination with Islam in the western world, I'm quite surprised indeed that USAFA has something for Buddhists but no mosque .... ?Que?

- Total agreement with those who note how dangerous this occult stuff can be.  I knew a well-grounded guy (PhD in engineering and Army captain) who told me of some awful experiences that he had after fooling around with something as seemingly playful as a Ouija board.  He felt compelled to burn it.

- As King Solomon once wrote, 'There's nothing new under the sun".  There's no need for Satan to learn new tricks, because his old tricks continue to work.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 09:00:43 AM »
Liberals love this kinda stuff.  To them Paganism, Islam, and Rastafarianism are all the same in their strange world.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Pagan Worship Site defaced with a Cross - Oh No!
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 08:17:29 PM »
Cross Placed at Air Force Pagan Circle Prompts Probe

Thursday , February 04, 2010
By Joshua Rhett Miller

A large wooden cross was placed at an Air Force Academy worship area for pagans and other Earth-centered religions, prompting an investigation by academy officials, though some caution that it's hardly "destructive behavior."

Mikey Weinstein, founder of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, said an Air Force Academy staffer spotted the cross — erected with railroad ties — lying against a rock at a worship area for pagan groups at the academy in Colorado Springs, Colo., on Jan. 17.

Tech. Sgt. Brandon Longcrier, a self-described pagan who sponsors the group that worships there, said the incident was similar to someone leaving a pentagram or a pagan symbol at the academy's chapel altar and claimed he and others are victim of a hate crime. In an e-mail to Weinstein's group, Longcrier said his group had been "thrown under the bus by the system we trusted" and that the "hate crime" has been ignored.

David Cannon, director of communications at the Air Force Academy, said the incident remains under investigation. He declined to indicate whether it could be classified as a hate crime pending completion of the probe.

Cannon said that if a cadet were behind the incident, the Air Force would have the power to prosecute. If a civilian did it, the case could be taken up by local authorities.

"Until (the investigation) is over, we can't classify it as anything," Cannon told FoxNews.com, adding that it remains unclear whether cadets were involved.

In a statement issued Wednesday, Lt. Gen. Mike Gould, the Air Force Academy's superintendent, said the school will take "appropriate action" if a cadet were indeed responsible.

"Our message is simple: we are taking this incident very seriously and conducting an inquiry," Gould's statement read. "We absolutely do not stand for any type of destructive behavior or disrespect for human dignity."

Regardless of who left the cross, some critics say Gould's characterization of its placement as "destructive behavior" is inaccurate.

"What I think people are saying here is, 'We reject the idea of paganism and we are expressing another religious symbol,'" said Herb London, president of the Hudson Institute, a Manhattan-based think tank. "I'm not sure I would characterize that as a destructive act. A symbol put next to another symbol does not represent destructive behavior. It's somewhat exaggerated — you have your symbol, we have our symbol.'"

London said the incident is akin to placing a Hanukkah decoration in close proximity to a nativity scene.

"It'd be one thing if there was a harmful act, but to have competing symbols, I'm not sure I would put that in the category of destructive behavior," London continued. "What is being expressed here is the view of the Judeo-Christian as opposed to the pagan tradition."

Weinstein, whose New Mexico-based group represents more than 16,000 active duty and retired servicemembers, said the incident was "clearly" a hate crime and characterized any denial of that assertion to be preposterous.

"We don't think, we know it was a hate crime," said Weinstein, who compared the incident to spray-painting a swastika on a synagogue.

"It has the same impact, the same hurt, the same marginalization," he said Thursday. "That circle is their mosque, their church, their synagogue."

While the incident is "clearly insensitive and inappropriate," Todd Gaziano, director of the Center for Legal and Judicial Studies at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, also cautioned against applying that "destructive" label.

"This is a serious affront, it's insensitive, it's unacceptable — without saying it's vandalism, without saying it's a crime," Gaziano said. "And that's the way I think both sides should treat this. Some people can go too far in saying it's destructive or vandalism. It's serious notwithstanding, but it's not vandalism and it's not destructive of the property."

Gould, meanwhile, said the Earth-centered spirituality group that meets at the worship area falls within the definition of religion as defined in the United States Air Force Instruction 36-2706: "a personal set or institutional system of attitudes, moral or ethical beliefs and practices held with the strength of traditional religious views, characterized by ardor and faith and generally evidenced through specific religious observances."

Gould said the addition of the Earth-centered worship circle was done in response to requests of both cadets and active duty personnel.

"Therefore, it our obligation, my obligation, to accommodate the group's religious requirements in a manner that is fair and consistent with other religious groups who are accommodated at the Academy," Gould's statement continued.

Gould said the worship area — a stone circle atop a hill overlooking the academy's visitor center — is the latest addition to other sacred spaces for Protestants, Catholics, Jews, Muslims and Buddhists.

"Cadets learn that to succeed as an Air Force officer we must be able to support and respect the people who we lead, serve with and fight alongside even if they do not share our personal beliefs," Gould said. "Cadets learn that every servicemember is charged with defending freedom for all Americans and that includes the freedom to practice a religion of their choice or to not practice any religion at all."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 08:19:56 PM »
People who worship the sun, the moon, or the stars are denying the oneness of the creator of the Universe. What they do is evil in the eyes of Hashem. A Jew who witnessess a pagan ritual must tear down their altars and smash their idols.