Author Topic: Question for JTF JEWS: When are you making aliyah?  (Read 3301 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Question for JTF JEWS: When are you making aliyah?
« on: May 01, 2007, 12:49:01 AM »
I plan to make aliyah after I get married, which will hopefully be sooner than later.

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
Re: Question for JTF JEWS: When are you making aliyah?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 01:37:46 AM »
I plan to in 2008. Got to get some greenbacks saved up!

ihkili18

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 02:32:18 AM »
I think I am going within the next 3 years.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 07:46:35 AM »
Only Gd's will, if it takes me here..otherwise...I'm here to have lots of fraaaaaaaad chicken...mmmm hmmmm ;D
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 08:07:51 AM »
With Hashem's help within the year
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 08:58:52 AM »
I strongly recommend that all who desire aliyah simply go, and go now.

Unless you're already wealthy, you can't save enough money in this current economic climate to justify staying here.

If you do bring money with you, the Israeli government will confiscate most of it in taxes.

Unless they've recently changed things, the government is known for passing retroactive legislation; for taxes as well as other things.  They have passed many tax laws stating that "everyone now owes more taxes plus the same percentage of income beginning five years ago!

No matter what the government there tells you or promises you, you should consider it all lies...once you're there, you'll have to fend for yourself for daily survival.

If you're young and fit, get a passport, buy a plane ticket, join a kibbutz with an ulpan to learn Hebrew, & you'll be well on your way within six months of landing on Israeli soil.

As far as I'm concerned, the idea of making a "comfortable living" while living in Eretz Yisrael, is an oxymoron.

Life in Israel is tough, difficult, and high-stress.

Rabbi Meir Kahane correctly stated, that the only reason for a Jew making aliyah, was to escape Jew-hatred by returning to our Land.

Any other line of reasoning for making aliyah constitutes either self-delusion, or fraud on the part of those seeking recruits for group aliyah.

Other than learning Hebrew, there is really no way to mentally prepare oneself for the culture shock and unpleasant realities that are daily life in Israel.

It is a fact that the majority of western immigrants to Israel fail in their endeavors; most returning deeply disillusioned to the U.S. or Europe within five years.

I do not mean to paint a totally dark picture of Israeli life, but once an American leaves America, the world is a starkly different place.

The mentality of the Middle East is quite alien to those of us in The New World; and those of us who grew up knowing Jews to be a refined, intellectual minority, are quite shocked upon encountering rude, offensive, and extremely aggressive people who never once read an "Ask Miss Manners" column in a newspaper.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 09:45:59 AM »
I strongly recommend that all who desire aliyah simply go, and go now.

Unless you're already wealthy, you can't save enough money in this current economic climate to justify staying here.

If you do bring money with you, the Israeli government will confiscate most of it in taxes.

Unless they've recently changed things, the government is known for passing retroactive legislation; for taxes as well as other things.  They have passed many tax laws stating that "everyone now owes more taxes plus the same percentage of income beginning five years ago!

No matter what the government there tells you or promises you, you should consider it all lies...once you're there, you'll have to fend for yourself for daily survival.

If you're young and fit, get a passport, buy a plane ticket, join a kibbutz with an ulpan to learn Hebrew, & you'll be well on your way within six months of landing on Israeli soil.

As far as I'm concerned, the idea of making a "comfortable living" while living in Eretz Yisrael, is an oxymoron.

Life in Israel is tough, difficult, and high-stress.

Rabbi Meir Kahane correctly stated, that the only reason for a Jew making aliyah, was to escape Jew-hatred by returning to our Land.

Any other line of reasoning for making aliyah constitutes either self-delusion, or fraud on the part of those seeking recruits for group aliyah.

Other than learning Hebrew, there is really no way to mentally prepare oneself for the culture shock and unpleasant realities that are daily life in Israel.

It is a fact that the majority of western immigrants to Israel fail in their endeavors; most returning deeply disillusioned to the U.S. or Europe within five years.

I do not mean to paint a totally dark picture of Israeli life, but once an American leaves America, the world is a starkly different place.

The mentality of the Middle East is quite alien to those of us in The New World; and those of us who grew up knowing Jews to be a refined, intellectual minority, are quite shocked upon encountering rude, offensive, and extremely aggressive people who never once read an "Ask Miss Manners" column in a newspaper.

Rabbi Kahane zt'l wanted Jews to move to Eretz Yisrael because it is a Mitzvah to do so, he used the danger because he understood most Jews would only move to Israel to escape anti-semitism.

I will go as soon as I am finished with school, I have already been accepted to make Aliyah.

Most Westerners do leave, with the exception of those who go through Nefesh b Nefesh which has a 98% success rate.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 10:09:47 AM »
I lived there for 4 yrs ,i'll move back when theres a good govt.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 01:22:16 PM »
Within the next three years, im yirtzeh hashem.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 07:03:39 PM »
Bezrat  Hashem August 2008.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 02:00:06 AM »
Well, I don't plan on making aliyah unfortunitely for various personal reasons too long to discuss here.  Perhaps "moving back and forth between the two countries" like Yacov said since that sounds better. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD