Author Topic: Girl, 12, locked in closet for over year  (Read 935 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Girl, 12, locked in closet for over year
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:06:40 AM »
http://www.krgv.com/news/local/story/Child-Locked-In-Closet-For-Over-A-Year/HHkE7qaFC0eZoiKg0529LA.cspx

BROWNSVILLE - Police say the parents of a 12 year-old girl forced her to live locked in a closet with no light and minimal contact with the outside world.  Police say no one had a clue about the abuse, not neighbors or school officials, until the girl's brother spoke up.  When police went to the family's home on the 400 block of Jo Ann Lane, they found the girl locked inside the closet.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS has video and pictures of the space were the girl was confined.  She was allegedly only let out so she could go to school, eat, or use the bathroom during the day.  The bucket in the space was her bathroom at night.  Police say she was forced to clean it every morning.

We told neighbor Cynthia Santiago about the way the girl was forced to live.  She knew something wasn't right when she saw police last week.  "I just saw cops taking pictures and detectives.  I don't know.  That's a shock!"

Police say this was torture endured by the child for more than a year.  The landlord tells us she didn't suspect any problems.  She let us inside.  Police say the room the girl was living in had no electricity and she would use the light coming through the cracks to do her homework."

The girl's mother told police she kept the girl locked up because she didn't want her stealing food from the refrigerator.  But police say the girl needed to eat.  They say she was malnourished and looked like an 8 or 9 year-old instead of 12.

Police say one of the girl's three brothers finally told someone at school.  He was worried about his sister.  Sgt. Jimmy Manrrique of the Brownsville Police Department says, "It's very commendable that the young man was able to speak up in a school setting."

Police say that call for help saved the child.  Santiago is grateful the girl is out of the house.  She says, "God doesn't bring kids into this world so they can suffer like that."

The girl's parents are in jail.  Leticia and Alfredo Ines are charged with injury to a child and unlawful restraint.  The mother is a Wal-Mart employee.  The step-father is a maintenance worker with Brownsville Independent School District.  Late Monday, BISD personnel said Alfredo Ines was placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS wanted to know why no at the girl's school noticed problems.  A District spokesperson says they're now looking into the situation.

A hearing is set for next week to determine if the girl will stay in foster care.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline rhayat1

• Full JTFer
Re: Girl, 12, locked in closet for over year
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:11:09 AM »
It makes me sick when I hear stories like this  :'(

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 02:58:02 PM »

Yuck! What a dump! And I'm talking about the whole damn house! Are they retarded?

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 03:11:27 PM »
Sound like ilegales.

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 09:04:50 PM »
Looking at the mother I could see "she needs the food" 
I hope they are in jail for a very long time!  >:(
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 09:18:51 PM »
I really hate hearing new stories of confined children (or adults). At least this child wasn't kept away from all human contact like some were during their critical language learning period.

Sometimes I think of kids like Genie (strapped to a potty chair until age 13) or of other children that were confined for years and years like that or neglected during their critical period.

At least this latest child learned to speak and interact socially. She will have damage but maybe now she can get some help and have hope of a normal life.

Sometimes I think of cases like this and more severe cases (like those of Genie) and I know someone, somewhere, is being confined like that, and needs help to get out. Stories are coming out every so often of rescues (like the family in Austria a while back). Sometimes, I take time out specifically to think about them and pray for them, pray for God to help them be rescued.

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
  • יברך אלוהים את אמריקה ואת ישראל וכל אוהבי ע&a
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 11:24:56 PM »
Dios mio!!!
los parents are mexicanos?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 12:23:58 AM »
Dios mio!!!
los parents are mexicanos?
Would appear to be... ay ay ay.

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
  • יברך אלוהים את אמריקה ואת ישראל וכל אוהבי ע&a
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 12:32:39 AM »
They're usually very nice people, ain't they?
I still can't believe that they actually locked their girl in the closet, it's so cruel...
 :o

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 12:34:20 AM »
...the love of many, growing cold.....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל