Author Topic: Man gets 1st DUI after driving drunk for 20 years  (Read 390 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Man gets 1st DUI after driving drunk for 20 years
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:09:37 AM »
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/pasco-driver-gets-first-dui-after-driving-drunk-for-20-years-fhp-says/1069834

NEW PORT RICHEY — Daniel Joseph Mahoney, 40, was arrested for his first DUI on Saturday after authorities say he struck a pole in front of the Publix at 9850 Little Road.

"I've been drinking and driving for 20 years and never got caught before tonight," he told officers, according to the Florida Highway Patrol report.

Troopers say Mahoney left the parking lot with a broken right front axle and hit a fence on Hilltop Drive. When officials arrived, Mahoney was sitting on his rear bumper.

"I'll be honest with you," he told them, according to the report. "I've had too much to drink tonight and I hit a pole." He failed a field sobriety test, and Breathalyzer tests indicated his blood alcohol level was 0.162 and 0.157, about twice the level at which a driver is presumed impaired, according to the FHP.

Mahoney, of 9440 Osceola Drive in New Port Richey, was charged with DUI, two counts of DUI damage to property and hit and run involving property damage. He was released Sunday from the Land O'Lakes jail on a $1,500 bail.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt