Author Topic: P.M. Silvio Berlusconi Mother saved Jewish girl  (Read 1232 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
P.M. Silvio Berlusconi Mother saved Jewish girl
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:34:20 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/135846 

Italian PM's Mother Remembered in Knesset

by Hillel Fendel
Follow Israel news on Twitter and Facebook.

(IsraelNN.com) Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, in a special diplomatic speech on Wednesday in the Knesset, said that Israel’s main danger is Iran, attacked the Goldstone Report, and in general expressed strong support for Israel.

It was Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu who stole the show, however, when he told the Knesset of an Italian woman who endangered herself during World War II to protect a Nazi-threatened Jewish woman. At the end of the story, Netanyahu said that the woman was none other than Berlusconi's mother – and the entire Knesset assemblage stood on its feet and applauded.

Berlusconi’s speech was replete with warmth and support for Israel, without a word of criticism. He said that Italy would fight for Israel’s security, that he does not accept the Goldstone Report’s conclusions, and that Israel was within its rights to defend itself against the Hamas rockets. He also called upon the international community not to allow Iran’s pursuit of nuclear weapons, noting that Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmedinajad negates Israel’s right to exist as a Jewish state.

Netanyahu, after recounting the ups - and also some downs - of Italian-Israeli relations over the years, began telling of an Italian woman in a train station who encountered a Jewish girl being threatened by a Nazi policeman. The woman courageously positioned herself in between the two, Netanyahu said, and made it clear that if the Nazi attempted to take the girl, “no one in this station will let you get out of here alive.”

“The name of that woman,” Netanyahu continued dramatically, “was Rosa, and this is her son – Silvio Berlusconi.”

After the applause, in which Netanyahu and Knesset Speaker Ruby Rivlin joined as well – Berlusconi was sitting in between them on the Knesset podium – Netanyahu continued, “You inherited from your mother the strength to stand firmly by the side of the Jewish Nation against those who seek its destruction, as you lead the camp of those who support Israel in the European Union.”

More Guarded Earlier in the Week
Earlier this week, however, Berlusconi was more guarded in his words. He said in an interview, "The time has come for Syria and Israel to act together for the sake of peace, in the framework of which the Golan Heights will be returned..." He also said that "Israel’s settlement policy could be an obstacle to peace... It will never be possible to convince the Palestinians of Israel’s good intentions while Israel continues to build in territories that are to be returned as part of a piece agreement. At the same time, what happened in Gaza should prompt some thought. It is inconceivable to evacuate [Gush Katif] communities to [then] face burned synagogues, acts of destruction, and inter-Palestinian violence and missiles being shot into Israeli territory."

Knesset Speaker Rivlin, who also spoke at the Knesset session, noted that though the Italian leader is of the opinion that Israel should cede the Golan Heights to Syria, “Many in the Jewish Nation in Israel see the Golan as an integral and inseparable part of their homeland.”
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: P.M. Silvio Berlusconi Mother saved Jewish girl
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:06:51 AM »
Actually I like Berlusconi. I think he can do better.

Why does he not stay away from Israeli internal issues? It is alone the decision of the citizens of Israel to negotiate with Syria or not or how to handle the Golan issue. This is not his buisiness.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:38:06 AM »

Why does he not stay away from Israeli internal issues? It is alone the decision of the citizens of Israel to negotiate with Syria or not or how to handle the Golan issue. This is not his buisiness.
True ..also why does he wantIsrael  in the E.U. nobody even Europeans shouldn't like the E.U. but Israel isn't in Europe
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:07:45 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:33:47 AM »

It seems he simply repeated the same peace mantra as the Israeli governments have been reciting for years. It seems he was just trying to be supportive of the Israeli government. It is not his guilt that they are traitors.

Of course, true friend will rebuke rather than appreciate the stupidity. But I can hardly expect that from politicians.

At least he is much better than the other EU leaders. And he is funny!
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »

It seems he simply repeated the same peace mantra as the Israeli governments have been reciting for years. It seems he was just trying to be supportive of the Israeli government. It is not his guilt that they are traitors.

Of course, true friend will rebuke rather than appreciate the stupidity. But I can hardly expect that from politicians.

Yes, I like him. Specially because he is independent. Once he said that the evil Bolschewik Olaf Schulz of the EU parlament looks like a Kapo. This was true and funny at the same time.

:::D
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 10:54:21 AM »

Yes, I like him. Specially because he is independent. Once he said that the evil Bolschewik Olaf Schulz of the EU parlament looks like a Kapo. This was true and funny at the same time.

I guess that drove hypocritically correct Eurocommies mad :)
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 11:08:37 AM »

I wonder what he would say to [censored] Silverman :::D :::D

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 11:21:03 AM »

Like I know him perhaps: Hey you, bring me a coffee.  :laugh:

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 11:22:06 AM »

Like I know him perhaps: Hey you, bring me a coffee.  :laugh:
:::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 11:25:53 AM »

I guess that drove hypocritically correct Eurocommies mad :)

Yes, they said Berlusconi had to apologize. It was for a week all over the news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3039912.stm

I correct myself this animal's name is Martin Schulz and not Olaf. Olaf Scholz was the SPD boss in Hamburg.

Martin the EU bolschewik looks like this:

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »
Berlusconi      '"I know there is a man producing a film on the Nazi concentration camps," Mr Berlusconi exclaimed. "I shall put you forward for the role of Kapo (guard chosen from among the prisoners) - you'd be perfect."  :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 03:12:31 PM »
After I read his opinion that the Golan Heights should be returned to Syria, I stopped reading.  That is complete suiocide for Israel.  Why should they cede anything, especially the Golan Heights to Syria?  So that Syria can pull out a lawnchair and drink Mai Thais while aiming missiles into Israel.  NO way. Land for peace never works and in this case, it's suicide