Author Topic: Ron Paul debating Lisa Silwa ( Evers ) in 1988 on Drug Legalization  (Read 1484 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
The following is from the Morton Downey Jr. program from 1988.     I mentioned this in the "Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (02/08)"  thread after hearing Chaim's commentary on Ron and Rand Paul:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,42858.0.html

Here are the ZooTube Videos from the 1988 Morton Downey Jr. program featuring Ron Paul's support from Drug Legalization.    Again,  keep in mind that the individual who uploaded the videos is a Ron Paul supporter:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Additional Video
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Ron Paul debating Lisa Silwa ( Evers ) in 1988 on Drug Legalization
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 02:23:47 PM »
Ron Paul is a Loon
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 04:35:09 PM »
Ron Paul is a Loon

Ron Paul, Lisa Silwa and Morton Downey Jr. are all Loons, getting them together makes it a mad house!  :::D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 05:32:22 PM »
If we can find a video of him "debating" the Shoah, that would be priceless.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 05:36:17 PM »
PS Lisa Sliwa is hawt!  :)

Moshe92

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »
Ron Paul is a Loon

Ron Paul, Lisa Silwa and Morton Downey Jr. are all Loons, getting them together makes it a mad house!  :::D

That's kind of like the debate with Steve Cokely, Irv Rubin, and Pat Buchanan that is moderated by Mike Wallace. In that video, there are two self-hating Jews, a black Nazi, and a white Nazi together.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »

Was! That clip is from 1988!  :laugh:
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 12:41:08 AM »
Complicated issue.  I think drugs like coke, heroin, meth... these are suicidal to ingest, and murderous to provide.

I think legalizing "kaneh bosm" [cannabis] is appropriate, it should be regulated like alcohol and tobacco [it is a seeded plant, and Torah is clear about seeded plant eligibility for use].  If someone drives while stoned, there should be laws akin to drinking and driving.  With mj in the black market kids have far greater access [big problem].  Here in California mj is nearly legal, and society is near unchanged [except black market criminals are raking in the dough, I think co-ops which remove the money making factor may be prudent].  Israel has an up and coming medical marijuana program as well. - The actual smoking, I think, is a bad way to ingest anything, tobacco or otherwise, and should be abstained from to refrain from damaging a persons lungs/body.  Eating pot, or "vaporizing" it brings no wear and tear to the body.

I think the laws regarding drugs like coke and the like should have much higher penalties than there currently are.  I think all crimes are too under-punished [murder, rape, assault and battery, embezzling, etc.].  Perhaps people who are addicted to hard drugs should face a rehab like prison instead of just being detained in prison; I don't know.

One could use the seeded plant argument on opium as well...  it is tough to come to a Torah based reason to prevent opium ingesting... although an hour on Youtube looking at opium addicts provides logical reasons to make it illegal.
---
Ultimately one needs to decide on what quality of life one is going to lead.  One has a choice; to rely on outside stimulation to be happy, or to generate happiness from the inside out.  Whatever the choice one makes, one needs to make the choice in a way that only affects the individual.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 12:57:24 AM »
[/quote
I believe she used to support herself (and Curtis) working as an underwear model.  She has way too big a mouth for my sake.  Imagine getting into an argument at home with her.

Unfortunately on this one, I agree with Ron Paul (although he looks like an idiot joining the screaming match) criminalizing drugs has not worked.  I favor letting any adult use drugs if they want and imposing the death penalty for selling drugs to minors.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 12:59:36 AM »
בס''ד

Ariel, the Torah absolutely does not permit the use of marijuana or any other narcotics.

"Seeded plant"? Poison also comes from "seeded plants". Heroin, cocaine, meth and crack come from "seeded plants".

Marijuana has destroyed the lives of millions of people who either became worthless "pot heads" (people who smoke frequently, and as a result are lazy, fat and useless) or people who used marijuana as their "gateway drug" to far more serious narcotics like heroin, coke, meth and crack.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 01:00:45 AM »
Was! That clip is from 1988!  :laugh:
I saw some more recent pics of her and she still looks very good... probably would be close to perfect even now if it weren't for drinking, smoking, and tanning (not that I am positive she has done any of this, but the model lifestyle isn't exactly known to be a healthy one).

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 01:18:08 AM »

Good one man!!  :::D
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 01:31:31 AM »
I will once again say that I know many well educated and successfull people who have smoked pot. But overall the net effect is negative for society. I do not think it is a gateway drug, no more than alcohol is a gateway drug, or tobacco. All drugs, including pharmacueticals, have both positive and negative effects on a person. And the effects are different from person to person. I have tried just about all recreational drugs but have not used any for over 10 years.

As to whether pot makes one lazy I will argue that it has the opposite effect on me. When I smoked I was motivated and did all kinds of things. I also was able to work and study. I dont want to argue about it but I will say that the effects are subjective.

PS: Certainly the Torah forbids doing things which will harm the body, and as we know there are negative effects from smoking anything. I do not suggest that anyone try any illegal substance today.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 01:36:49 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 02:41:17 AM »
I will once again say that I know many well educated and successfull people who have smoked pot. But overall the net effect is negative for society. I do not think it is a gateway drug, no more than alcohol is a gateway drug, or tobacco. All drugs, including pharmacueticals, have both positive and negative effects on a person. And the effects are different from person to person. I have tried just about all recreational drugs but have not used any for over 10 years.

As to whether pot makes one lazy I will argue that it has the opposite effect on me. When I smoked I was motivated and did all kinds of things. I also was able to work and study. I dont want to argue about it but I will say that the effects are subjective.

PS: Certainly the Torah forbids doing things which will harm the body, and as we know there are negative effects from smoking anything. I do not suggest that anyone try any illegal substance today.

בס''ד

Muman, why are you writing positive things about marijuana? Why are you in effect encouraging people to commit a sin? If even one person tries smoking this garbage as a result of your posts, you are responsible for their actions and you cannot do tshuva if you persuade others to sin.

Most hardcore drug addicts will tell you that they started out by smoking pot. And most will tell you that it is a gateway drug. I personally met many heroin, cocaine, meth and crack addicts in the prison system, and 90% of them started with marijuana.

For you as an Orthodox Jew to write positively about the evil drug culture is atrocious.

Marijuana destroys brain cells, it distorts clear thinking, it makes people lazy, it makes people hungry which causes weight problems, it can cause lung cancer just as tobacco can, it is addictive, and for many it leads to even worse drugs.

Drugs should only be used by physically sick people to cure their ailments. Drugs should never be used for "recreation".

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 03:32:27 AM »

בס''ד

Muman, why are you writing positive things about marijuana? Why are you in effect encouraging people to commit a sin? If even one person tries smoking this garbage as a result of your posts, you are responsible for their actions and you cannot do tshuva if you persuade others to sin.

Most hardcore drug addicts will tell you that they started out by smoking pot. And most will tell you that it is a gateway drug. I personally met many heroin, cocaine, meth and crack addicts in the prison system, and 90% of them started with marijuana.

For you as an Orthodox Jew to write positively about the evil drug culture is atrocious.

Marijuana destroys brain cells, it distorts clear thinking, it makes people lazy, it makes people hungry which causes weight problems, it can cause lung cancer just as tobacco can, it is addictive, and for many it leads to even worse drugs.

Drugs should only be used by physically sick people to cure their ailments. Drugs should never be used for "recreation".

Chaim,

Im sorry but it is a part of my past. My experience was not bad but as I stated I think that the overall effect of all psychotropic drugs is not good. I do not suggest that anyone try it. I will not argue about whether it is a gateway drug. As I said before most people can trace addiction to a personality disorder. Some people are addicted to gorging on food, some people are addicted to gambling, some are addicted to caffeine and some are addicted to Tobacco. In every case the thing people are addicted to is bad for them.

PS: I did not state anything good about drug culture...

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:39:21 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14