Author Topic: various wives of muhammed (piss be upon him)  (Read 4724 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
various wives of muhammed (piss be upon him)
« on: May 02, 2007, 01:32:17 AM »
http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Muhammad%27s_Marriages:_A_violation_of_the_Qur%27an

Muhammad, the pedophil prophet of Islam, had several wives to the extent that scholars vary on how many wives he actually had. What is known for certain is that Muhammad had 9 wives at a time which was almost close to his death.[1]
[edit] List of Muhammad's wives

The following is rough list of Muhammad’s wives, according to various Islamic sources[2]. It is possible that this number may still fall short of the actual number of wives he had.

1. Khadija/Khadijah[3]
   2. Sauda/Sawda bint Zam'a/Zam’ah [4]
   3. 'A’isha [5]
         1. A’isha’s Slaves [6]
   4. ‘Umm Salama [7]
   5. Hafsa/Hafsah [8]
   6. Zainab/Zaynab bint Jahsh [9]
   7. Juwairiya/yya/yah [10]
   8. Omm/Umm Habiba [11]
   9. Safiya/Safiyya/Saffiya [12]
  10. Maimuna/Maymuna bint Harith [13]
  11. Fatima/Fatema/Fatimah [14]
  12. Hend/Hind [15]
  13. Sana bint Asma’ / al-Nashat [16]
  14. Zainab/Zaynab bint Khozayma/Khuzaima [17]
  15. Habla [18]
  16. Divorced Asma’ bint Noman [19]
  17. Mary/Mariya the Copt/Christian [20]
  18. Rayhana/Raihana/Rayhanah bint Zaid/Zayd [21]
  19. Divorced Omm/Umm Sharik / Ghaziyyah bint Jabir [22]
  20. Maymuna / Maimuna [23]
  21. Zainab [24]
  22. Khawla / Khawlah bint al-Hudayl [25]
  23. Divorced Mulaykah bint Dawud [26]
  24. Divorced al-Shanba’ bint ‘Amr [27]
  25. Divorced al-‘Aliyyah [28]
  26. Divorced ‘Amrah bint Yazid [29]
  27. Divorced an Unnamed Woman [30]
  28. Qutaylah bint Qays [31]
  29. Sana bint Sufyan [32]
  30. Sharaf bint Khalifah [33]

[edit] The Violation

This being the case, the Quran allows a man to have only four wives at a time, as seen by the following verse:
Qur'an 4:3

And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice (between them), then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course. [34]

One must have already noted that Muhammad had 9 wives at a time as a direct violation of the Quran.

Many muslims and non-muslims alike, tend to become zealous and cite the following verse of the Quran to imply that Muhammad was exempted from this restriction:
Qur'an 33:50

O Prophet! surely We have made lawful to you your wives whom you have given their dowries, and those whom your right hand possesses out of those whom Allah has given to you as prisoners of war, and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts, and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who fled with you; and a believing woman if she gave herself to the Prophet, if the Prophet desired to marry her -- specially for you, not for the (rest of) believers; We know what We have ordained for them concerning their wives and those whom their right hands possess in order that no blame may attach to you; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.[35]

No where in the above verse is it mentioned that Muhammad could have more than 4 wives. If one reads the verse, it is obvious that the only privilege in this case is that Muhammad could have any woman who willingly offered herself i.e. without Mahr (dowry)[36], that seems to be the possible reason for this translation:
Qur'an 33:50

(Rashid Kalifha): O prophet, we made lawful for you your wives to whom you have paid their due dowry, or what you already have, as granted to you by GOD. Also lawful for you in marriage are the daughters of your father's brothers, the daughters of your father's sisters, the daughters of your mother's brothers, the daughters of your mother's sisters, who have emigrated with you. Also, if a believing woman gave herself to the prophet - by forfeiting the dowry - the prophet may marry her without a dowry, if he so wishes. However, her forfeiting of the dowry applies only to the prophet, and not to the other believers. We have already decreed their rights in regard to their spouses or what they already have. This is to spare you any embarrassment. GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful. [37]

Even the hadiths related to this verse do not mention Muhammad of getting any privilege of having more than four wives. They only relate to women offering themselves to Muhammad, such as is demonstrated from the following hadith:
Sahih Bukhari 6:60:311

Narrated Aisha: I used to look down upon those ladies who had given themselves to Allah’s Apostle and I used to say, "Can a lady give herself (to a man)?" But when Allah revealed: "You (O Muhammad) can postpone (the turn of) whom you will of them (your wives), and you may receive any of them whom you will; and there is no blame on you if you invite one whose turn you have set aside (temporarily)." (33.51) I said (to the Prophet), "I feel that your Lord hastens in fulfilling your wishes and desires."

See Also Sahih Muslim 8:3453

Thus it is clear that Muhammad violated the Quran by marrying more than 4 wives at a time.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: various wives of muhammed (piss be upon him)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 01:50:19 AM »
Well, that's not so bad.  In ancient times, it was common to have many wives. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 02:39:59 AM »
I don't know about 9 at a time though.  May the name of that swine be erased from the pages of history.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 09:42:07 PM »
Well, that's not so bad.  In ancient times, it was common to have many wives. 

Shalom jdl4ever.  I understand what you are trying to say.

In my opinion ancient times means before Babylonian captivity.  After the Jews returning from the Babylonian captivity there was no polygamy in Israel (correct me if I am wrong).  Even before the Babylonian captivity the Tanak saints happened to have multiple wives but those events were just recorded history but not a specific revelation or command from God to marry multiple wives.  In mohammed's case "allah" approved all his activities by giving him a corresponding revelation. Even when he was seduced by the beauty of his daughter in law (the great "prophet" happened to see her changing her dress!!!) he got a corresponding revelation from allah to marry her which was accepted by his adoption son as well.

King David indeed had an opportunity to have sex with Abishak, the Shunamite but he did not (I Kings 1 through 4).  However mohammed had sex with 9 year old aiyisha who later became the "mother" of all believers (muslims)!

Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 10:17:47 PM »
Basically as time went on it became less popular to have many wives, but it was still practiced after the Babylonian captivity since the Bible permits it and we can't forbid what the Bible allows.  I think sometime around the year 1000 CE the Askenazi Jews (R" Gershom) issued a temporary decree against polygamy lasting for 1000 years so the nations they were living with wouldn't mock them/ cause hatred or something like that and they no longer practiced it afterwards.  The Sephardic Jews never had such a decree but it just went out of fashon. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Zan

• Junior JTFer
  • Evil-doers, beware!
    • The Liberal Institute -- Objectivism and Classical Liberalism
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 02:56:09 PM »
How can you talk about the wives of Mohammad without mentioning Al-Feculentia, his favorite camel?  ;D
Classical liberalism is the future! www.YouTube.com/PureLiberalFire

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 07:11:50 PM »
Some Sefardim still have multiple wives, though it is very unusual
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban