Author Topic: Post-9/11 based indian dhimmi movie draws protest from Hindu Nationalists  (Read 773 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
My Name is Khan: Hindu nationalist protests prevent screenings

The film is about an Indian Muslim whose life in the US changes after 9/11

A Bollywood film featuring the star Shah Rukh Khan has opened amid tight security in a few cinemas in Mumbai.

The release of My Name is Khan coincided with a comment from Shah Rukh Khan, saying that Pakistani players should be included in India's Twenty20 cricket league.

That idea infuriated hard-line Hindus in the Shiv Sena party who are organising protests outside cinemas where My Name is Khan is showing.

Party spokesperson Rahul Narvekar explains.

More than 1,800 people have been arrested at the protests.

A lot of people are upset that many cinemas are not showing the film.

Mumbai-based Shashi Baliga writes on Bollywood for the Hindustan Times.

The BBC's Owen Bennett-Jones asked her if the box offices were open.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/news/2010/02/100212_my_name_is_khan_nh_sl.shtml

------------------------

Its Muslim star Shahrukh Khan faces violent protests from Hindu nationalists – but My Name Is Khan shows India's need for tolerance

A few days ago, the biggest movie star in the world remarked that the Indian Premier League could show "a little more leeway" when no Pakistani players were selected for the upcoming Twenty20 cricket competition. Then all hell broke loose, and it has yet to be recaged.

As of today, more than 1,800 people have been arrested in Mumbai for vandalising cinemas advertising Shahrukh Khan's latest movie, My Name Is Khan. This weekend, 21,000 special police will protect cinemagoers, and there will be security checks at the box office. "This is not Shahrukh, but the Khan in him that's saying all this", said a spokesman for the Shiv Sena, the militant Hindu nationalist organisation in Maharashtra which is behind the trouble. The Sena told Khan – an Indian Muslim – to move to Pakistan, and issued a threat: "There will be dire consequences if Shahrukh defies the orders of the Sena chief."

The film itself has not provoked the fuss, though its title, a declaration of Islamic identity, does resonate. It's a honey-coated melodrama about an autistic Indian Muslim man finding love in California after 9/11. If that sounds singular, just wait for the second half, in which George W Bush stands idly by while the desi hero singlehandedly saves a community of African-Americans after a Katrina-style hurricane. Several screens in Maharashtra have already pulled My Name Is Khan. Too bad for audiences, who will miss the remarkable scene in which Khan wins the hearts of the aforementioned African-Americans by expressing to them in passionate Hindi his love of Manchester United.

But there's nothing funny about the Sena's threats. "The Shiv Sena is one of the most extreme faces of Hindu nationalism," says Edna Fernandes, whose book Holy Warriors explores religious fundamentalism in India. "Its leader, Bal Thackeray, is like a godfather. His modus operandi is to whip his people up to a frenzy, and then it's up to them what they do. He can be charming in person, but at the other end of the line you've got people getting murdered in Muslim communities. It's not a joke."

Going after celebrities, says Fernandes, is part of the Sena pattern. In the past, its targets have included artist MF Husain and cricketer Sachin Tendulkar. Husain's studio was ransacked, as was a television station that defended Tendulkar. Several of the station's staff were beaten up. In 2008, a Sena splinter organisation, the MNS, pilloried Jaya Bachchan, wife of veteran Bollywood A-lister Amitabh Bachchan, for speaking a few words in Hindi rather than Marathi at a film premiere.

Indian celebrities, including the Bachchans, have often caved under such pressure. So far, Khan has not. He continues to put forward a moderate line, with a dignity you might not expect from a 44-year-old man whose career consists largely of dressing up in tight trousers and miming to someone else's vocals. Fellow megastar Aamir Khan, whose recent film 3 Idiots smashed multiple box-office records, has stepped in to support him. The Sena termed both men the "2 Idiots", and its supporters burnt them in effigy.

"A large section of India finds the Sena repugnant," says Fernandes. "India wants to see itself as a modern economic power. These communal conflicts are hugely damaging to that." If Khan surrenders today, the Sena will find another example of free speech and tolerance to besiege tomorrow. The message of My Name Is Khan is that extremism must be challenged. This weekend, we will see whether Bollywood's reality lives up to its talk.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2010/feb/12/india-freedom-of-speech

----------------
And both the BBC and Guardian have protecting this Islamic-Left wing propoganda. This is where we people seriously lack. If Hindu Nationalists and Zionist Republicans had a treaty going, then this movie releasec could have been prevented in US. Rigth now this movie opened in more than 100 theaters in US.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Post-9/11 based indian dhimmi movie draws protest from Hindu Nationalists
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 05:11:16 AM »
This movie can be expected to be a complete BS.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 01:16:47 PM »
Glad to see Patriotic Indians protesting against a "taqiyya-flick"... "kitman-o-vision".

I have not seen too many "Bollywood movies", but I hear they are quite popular.

HZ, Any online recommendations for some quality Bollywood?
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 01:54:17 PM »
HinduZionist,

What is Bollywood?  It is a Hindu-oriented version of Hollywood?