Author Topic: Confederate Jews  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
  • יברך אלוהים את אמריקה ואת ישראל וכל אוהבי ע&a
Confederate Jews
« on: February 15, 2010, 12:39:30 PM »
I am a proud descendent of a fallen Confederate officer,
I am damn proud of our history and heritage. And I'm proud to say that my ancestry is fully Jewish.
I proudly display the Rebel flag in public, this flag represents everything that is dear to us as Southern people!

There are many jerks out there who get offended by the Rebel flag... it's their problem, they should have a history lesson or something.

Does any onebody here have a Confederate ancestor?

oh and by the way, here's a link for a Youtube video made by a good ol' friend o' mine
it's a tribute to our Confederate Jewish heroes.

And here's a list of some of the most notable Jewish warriors in the CSA

M. Levy
J. Rosenberg

Henry Adler

E.J. Sampson

G. Wolfe

J. Hessberg

Unknown soldier

Henry Gersberg

T. Foltz

I. Cohen

Sam Bear

S. Bachrach

Jonathan Sheur

J. Frank

Henry Cohen

Capt. Jacob A. Cohen

M. Aaron

A. Lehman

Julius Zark

A. Heyman

Lieut. W.M. Wolf

Lieut. L.S. Lipman

Isaac Seldner

S. Weiss

H. Jacobs

E.B. Miller

Corpl. G. Eiseman

M. Bachrach

S. Oury

A. Robinson

Gustavus Kann

Henry Smith

Marx Myers

Captain M. Marcus

Issac Levy

AND may I add, my mother's great grandpa Major Jeremiah David Chaim-Horovitz

May they all rest in peace!

Yis'ga'dal v'yis'kadash sh'may ra'bbo, b'olmo dee'vro chir'usay v'yamlich malchu'say, b'chayaychon uv'yomay'chon uv'chayay d'chol bais Yisroel, ba'agolo u'viz'man koriv; v'imru Omein. Y'hay shmay rabbo m'vorach l'olam ul'olmay olmayo. Yisborach v'yishtabach v'yispoar v'yisromam v'yismasay, v'yishador v'yis'aleh v'yisalal, shmay d'kudsho, brich hu, l'aylo min kl birchoso v'sheeroso, tush'bechoso v'nechemoso, da,ameeran b'olmo; vimru Omein. Y'hay shlomo rabbo min sh'mayo, v'chayim alaynu v'al kol Yisroel; v'imru Omein. Oseh sholom bimromov, hu ya'aseh sholom olaynu, v'al kol yisroel; vimru Omein.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Confederate Jews
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »
I got several myself. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 04:30:50 PM »
My Great Grandfather on my father's side was a Confederate Soldier...he was born and raised in Virginia and after the war moved to Texas.

P.S. My Great Grandfather was not Jewish, his Grandson ( my father) converted to Judaism in order to marry my Mother who is Jewish.

I am proud of my families heritage on both sides.....I was born and raised in the House of Jacob but I have Christian relatives from my father's side of the family.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 04:36:36 PM by Republicandox »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 05:26:40 PM »
I think the civil war was a very unfortunate sad situation due to the many deaths of fathers, sons and husbands...The North nor the South were the bad guys...the Civil war could have been avoided with just one vote to send all of the African Slaves back to Africa.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Moshe92

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 05:28:35 PM »
I think the civil war was a very unfortunate sad situation due to the many deaths of fathers, sons and husbands...The North nor the South were the bad guys...the Civil war could have been avoided with just one vote to send all of the African Slaves back to Africa.

I agree completely. It's also sad when Jews fight on opposite sides of a war.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 05:39:05 PM »
I can't make any claims.  :'(

But congrats!  :dance:
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 06:07:37 PM »
Many of the fallen Jewish Confederate soldiers were burried in the Hebrew Cemetary, in the South. I think that the good guys were definitely the Southerners.. They fought for the States Rights, for their farms, their cotton fields, their homes. They fought against the Northern aggresion. The decision to stop the slavery was wrong at those times. The South's economics were based on the Negro slaves... and another thing, many [censored]*rs get offended by the Rebel flag, cuz they often associate it with racism (maybe because the Ku Kluks Klan usually raise our Confederate flag in their rallies), but the flag does not represent hatred! And I hate these idiot KKK clowns! I hate when they use the Confederate flag... it's a total disgrace.. and there are some Klansmen in my town, but they're quiet, and if they do anything I'll take care of 'em... And I'll keep on flyin' that beautiful flag! Long live Dixie.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 06:12:50 PM »
http://www.jewishmag.com/112mag/confederates/confederates.htm

Robert E. Lee and Jeff Davis strongly, and openly, supported the Jewish community, while Grant and Sherman were stark-raving anti-Semites.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 06:35:55 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 06:16:53 PM »
http://www.dixiecom.com/phalange/rebelyid.htm 

The largest ethnic group to serve the Confederacy, however, was made up of first-, second- and third-generation Jewish lads. Old Jewish families, initially Sephardic and later Ashkenazic, had settled in the South generations before the war. Jews had lived in Charleston, S.C., since 1695. By 1800, the largest Jewish community in America lived in Charleston, where the oldest synagogue in America, K.K. Beth Elohim, was founded. By 1861, a third of all the Jews in America lived in Louisiana.

More than 10,000 Jews fought for the Confederacy. As Rabbi Korn of Charleston related, "Nowhere else in America — certainly not in the Antebellum North — had Jews been accorded such an opportunity to be complete equals as in the old South." Gen. Robert E. Lee allowed his Jewish soldiers to observe all holy days, while Gens. Ulysses S. Grant and William T. Sherman issued anti-Jewish orders.

Many young Jews served in the ranks. There were a number of Jewish officers who were part and parcel of Southern society. They had spent their formative years in the South defensive about slavery and hostile about what they perceived as Northern aggression and condescension toward the South. Some of the more notable among the officer corps included Abraham Myers, a West Point graduate and a classmate of Lee's in the class of 1832. Myers served as quartermaster general and, before the war, fought the Indians in Florida. The city of Fort Myers was named after him.

Another Jewish officer, Maj. Adolph Proskauer of Mobile, Ala., was wounded several times. One of his subordinate officers wrote, "I can see him now as he nobly carried himself at Gettysburg, standing coolly and calmly with a cigar in his mouth at the head of the 12th Alabama amid a perfect rain of bullets, shot, and shell. He was the personification of intrepid gallantry and imperturbable courage."

In North Carolina, the six Cohen brothers fought in the 40th Infantry. The first Confederate Jew killed in the war was Albert Lurie Moses of Charlotte, N.C. All-Jewish companies reported to the fray from Macon and Savannah in Georgia. In Louisiana, three Jews reached the rank of colonel: S.M. Hymans, Edwin Kunsheedt and Ira Moses.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 08:23:23 PM »
I can't make any claims.  :'(

But congrats!  :dance:

You do have a rebel flag behind a negro in your picture though.

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 11:38:20 PM »
There were even Negro people who served in the CSA army... and some of them still support the South today. Do you know who is H. K. Edgerton?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 12:11:14 AM »
There were even Negro people who served in the CSA army... and some of them still support the South today. Do you know who is H. K. Edgerton?

Sure do.  He was even on Penn and Tellers show about reparations.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 12:12:17 AM »
I betcha the fact that a lot of Jews fought for the Confederacy makes enrages a lot of self hating Jews. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 12:19:42 AM »
I tell you what.  Let's send this video to Barbara Streisand,Roseanne Barr,Richard Goldstein,
Mike Wallace and others to make there heads explode in anger  :::D

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 12:24:43 AM »
Lol great idea, hoss!

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 02:19:10 AM »
Reminds me of the one time I was inside of a Nazi's home.  Swastika on one side of the wall, stars and bars on the the other [I was brought there by an idiot friend of mine].
---
It is regrettable the Confederates did not manage to kill Ulysses S. Grant during the war, he is possibly the most anti-Semitic president, besides Obama.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 03:01:01 AM »
Reminds me of the one time I was inside of a Nazi's home.  Swastika on one side of the wall, stars and bars on the the other [I was brought there by an idiot friend of mine].
---

That would make for an interesting story for you to tell.

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 07:07:33 AM »
You know, I have some ''friends'' here in Oak Grove, who are real Klansmen, and they speak of the Jews in the most vicious way, and they know that I'm a Jew.. and then, they look at me with a friendly grin and say ''oh, you ain't like 'em [censored]*r-lovin' yankee kikes..''

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 07:11:10 AM »
The thing is, that these KKK morons are true cowards, they speak about Jews, but when they see a Jew that's from Dixie, and whose family is true Southern, they shut their mouth up...

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 10:37:11 AM »
I am a proud southerner as well. The south was very tolerant towards the Jews compared to the North which had a history of anti-semitism. The South also had a very diversified military. Contrary to what people may say about the South and racism/slavery, the south had a large number of Jews, Blacks, Native Americans and others that fought to defend Dixie.

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »
I consider the Civil War to be an American Tragedy.

Mostly because I have distant relatives who fought on both sides.